Author Topic: The Sports Thread  (Read 447230 times)

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
The Sports Thread
« Reply #660 on: May 23, 2007, 09:23:31 PM »
Willie and Condi look to be having a real love fest down there. Helluva game.  OMG! A bat just flew and a guy caught it, WOW!

In the 2nd, my friend in 222, next to back row, caught a Zito foul ball, after the girl in front of her ducked and it hit her in the leg. She got the ball! Kruk saw it and commented "looks like they're having fun!"

woo hooo. I'll report on the Zito and Co show manana. Hopefully I can take my camera and video a bit of it.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
The Sports Thread
« Reply #661 on: May 27, 2007, 10:00:25 PM »
It's rare that the Star Spangled Banner is the highlight of a ballgame for me, but at today's Giants/Rockies matchup, the Anthem was performed by none other than... The Tower of Power horns!  Kudos to whoever arranged for that to happen.  Oh, and Barry homered too.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
The Sports Thread
« Reply #662 on: May 27, 2007, 11:16:09 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
It's rare that the Star Spangled Banner is the highlight of a ballgame for me, but at today's Giants/Rockies matchup, the Anthem was performed by none other than... The Tower of Power horns!  Kudos to whoever arranged for that to happen.  Oh, and Barry homered too.

The way the two games I saw turned out (and today's as well), that was probably the highlight of the weekend at Mays Field.
Let's get right to it.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
The Sports Thread
« Reply #663 on: May 29, 2007, 09:14:35 PM »
Painful end to the Giants/Mets game. I KNEW Benitez would screw it up and lo and behold...
Beautiful homer to end it.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
The Sports Thread
« Reply #664 on: May 29, 2007, 09:56:49 PM »
Quote from: "Alicat"
Painful end to the Giants/Mets game. I KNEW Benitez would screw it up and lo and behold...
Beautiful homer to end it.

Bring me the head of Armando Benitez!

(and of Alberto Gonzalez, while we're at it...)

A's lost too.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
The Sports Thread
« Reply #665 on: May 30, 2007, 11:35:51 AM »

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
The Sports Thread
« Reply #666 on: May 30, 2007, 10:04:33 PM »
Someone's done it:

http://benitezmustgo.blogspot.com/

My blog hero. Wish I had done that first!
Sharks bleed teal.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
The Sports Thread
« Reply #667 on: May 31, 2007, 11:19:46 PM »
HAH! Benitez gone to Florida. Harsh words from Sabean,
"Tonight we got three hits, looked as dead as a doornail, and that wasn't Armando's fault," Sabean said. "We're at a crossroads in my mind. Apparently, the fans, the press and maybe some people in the clubhouse felt he needed to go. We're going to find out what they're made of, now that they don't have a whipping boy. We'll see who's strong enough to be a whipping boy."
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
The Sports Thread
« Reply #668 on: June 01, 2007, 08:53:48 AM »
"Tonight we got three hits, looked as dead as a doornail, and that wasn't Armando's fault," Sabean said. "We're at a crossroads in my mind. Apparently, the fans, the press and maybe some people in the clubhouse felt he needed to go. We're going to find out what they're made of, now that they don't have a whipping boy. We'll see who's strong enough to be a whipping boy."

Well that's Sabean rationalizing why he didn't dump the guy months ago.

He's no longer AR-mando, he's their 'mando. LOL!

"Don't let the screen door hit ya
Where the dog shoulda bit ya!"

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
The Sports Thread
« Reply #669 on: June 01, 2007, 09:33:19 AM »

Well that's Sabean rationalizing why he didn't dump the guy months ago.

He's no longer AR-mando, he's their 'mando. LOL!

"Don't let the screen door hit ya
Where the dog shoulda bit ya!"

Have to wonder if they'd have gotten more for him by dealing him in the offseason rather than waiting til he'd made the situation untenable here? They had to know there was a strong likelihood something like this would have to happen before the season was out.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
The Sports Thread
« Reply #670 on: June 07, 2007, 03:19:58 PM »
I hate Curt Schilling at least as much as I hate Roger Clemens, but Schilling took a no-hitter into the 9th inning against the A's today, before Shannon Stewart ruined it for him. (everybody: "Awwwww....")

Sox won, 1-0, but the A's did take 3-out-of-4.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
The Sports Thread
« Reply #671 on: June 15, 2007, 09:51:40 PM »
The A's are clobbering the Cards, 14-3 in the 8th. Hope they play half that well *next* Friday nite when I'm at Shea.

And -- holy crap!  -- Scott Spezio is pinch-pitching (!) for the Cards, who have apparently depleted their bullpen (they used 6 relievers yesterday).

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
The Sports Thread
« Reply #672 on: June 15, 2007, 09:56:55 PM »
The A's are clobbering the Cards, 14-3 in the 8th. Hope they play half that well *next* Friday nite when I'm at Shea.

And -- holy crap!  -- Scott Spezio is pinch-pitching (!) for the Cards, who have apparently depleted their bullpen (they used 6 relievers yesterday).

I think it's his career debut pitching? Nice red chin hair :) Yeah, believe it or not, I'm watching the A's.
Sharks bleed teal.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
The Sports Thread
« Reply #673 on: June 16, 2007, 05:20:07 PM »

I think it's his career debut pitching? Nice red chin hair :) Yeah, believe it or not, I'm watching the A's.

my brother called me today to ask if I'd seen Spiezio pitch.  He was watching the game on TV from Missouri.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
The Sports Thread
« Reply #674 on: June 16, 2007, 08:09:28 PM »
Quote from: "mshray"

my brother called me today to ask if I'd seen Spiezio pitch.  He was watching the game on TV from Missouri.

Cards getting their revenge tonite: up 11-3 in the 5th, and they've got the bases loaded.