Author Topic: Holiday schedules?  (Read 17622 times)

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday schedules?
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2012, 12:27:39 PM »
wow, did we really not utilize this thread at all last year?

Anyway... I'm off the next 5 days, back at work on Tues.  My usual holiday movie mini-orgy, between in-theater and cable OnDemand I'll probably see 6 or 7 flicks. And food, glorious food.

I'm off til Monday.  Will be catching up on Treme and Boardwalk Empire plus all the TV I've got DVRd (maybe I'll watch Revolution finally).  And maybe Skyfall and/or Lincoln.  And sleep, glorious sleep.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2012, 12:49:13 PM »

Anyway... I'm off the next 5 days, back at work on Tues.  My usual holiday movie mini-orgy, between in-theater and cable OnDemand I'll probably see 6 or 7 flicks. And food, glorious food.

I'm off til Monday.  Will be catching up on Treme and Boardwalk Empire plus all the TV I've got DVRd (maybe I'll watch Revolution finally).  And maybe Skyfall and/or Lincoln.  And sleep, glorious sleep.

Treme and BE have both been excellent this season, IMHO (tho' Treme has been even more depressingly downbeat than usual).  Dunno how far behind you are but a LOT has happened on BE in the last 3 or 4 weeks.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2012, 01:26:10 PM »

Treme and BE have both been excellent this season, IMHO (tho' Treme has been even more depressingly downbeat than usual).  Dunno how far behind you are but a LOT has happened on BE in the last 3 or 4 weeks.

I'm WAY behind on BE -- pretty sure I only saw the premier.  Less behind on Treme, but still 4 or 5 weeks. 
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2014, 01:03:13 PM »
Once again reviving an old thread that's been dormant for a couple of years (but makes for an entertaining look back, if you've been around here for any length of time.)

So who will be keeping up here over the next week or so? I am on holiday from sometime this afternoon until the morning of Jan. 5 (I love the new media biz), but am not traveling any further than a few day trips to Portland or maybe a movie or six. So I may be here a bit, but I have a few chores to attend to as well. Merry happy joyeux mele kalekichrismakwanzakah!
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2014, 01:49:23 PM »
Once again reviving an old thread that's been dormant for a couple of years (but makes for an entertaining look back, if you've been around here for any length of time.)

So who will be keeping up here over the next week or so? I am on holiday from sometime this afternoon until the morning of Jan. 5 (I love the new media biz), but am not traveling any further than a few day trips to Portland or maybe a movie or six. So I may be here a bit, but I have a few chores to attend to as well. Merry happy joyeux mele kalekichrismakwanzakah!

I have two 5-day weekends, Wed-Sun, this week and next (and prob half-days Mon & Tue). The year-end movie orgy has begun for me too. Seasons Greetings to all and thanks for this little island of geekery.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2014, 08:01:38 AM »

I have two 5-day weekends, Wed-Sun, this week and next (and prob half-days Mon & Tue). The year-end movie orgy has begun for me too. Seasons Greetings to all and thanks for this little island of geekery.

Also have the two 5-day weekend schedule. Part 1 consisted mostly of family obligations, Part 2 will be themed "Things to do that we don't normally have time for". I.e. look for a new dryer, car, take down Christmas stuff, etc.