Author Topic: The Sports Thread  (Read 415366 times)

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: The Sports Thread
« Reply #1995 on: June 29, 2014, 10:43:05 PM »
Was debating if this should go in the Rant & Vent thread...

http://blog.seattlepi.com/hottopics/2014/06/26/ann-coulter-growing-popularity-of-soccer-sign-of-the-nations-moral-decay/

On a separate note, anyone interested to go to the Giants game on Wednesday?  Wainwright should be pitching for the Cards.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: June 30, 2014, 12:06:33 AM »
On a separate note, anyone interested to go to the Giants game on Wednesday?  Wainwright should be pitching for the Cards.

I can't (obv.) but you might give Gaz a shout. Word is he's had enough of SF and is heading back to NYC. Soon like.
Let's get right to it.

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: June 30, 2014, 05:49:26 AM »

I can't (obv.) but you might give Gaz a shout. Word is he's had enough of SF and is heading back to NYC. Soon like.

If the ticket's still available, I could go.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #1998 on: July 17, 2014, 08:11:41 AM »
So, the British Open is in Liverpool, so they showed some Beatles clips while talking about Liverpool.  Only thing, the background music was Paul's "Live and Let Die."
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: July 17, 2014, 08:25:39 AM »
So, the British Open is in Liverpool, so they showed some Beatles clips while talking about Liverpool.  Only thing, the background music was Paul's "Live and Let Die."

some wacky Millennial probably produced that segment, knowing little about musical history.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: January 18, 2015, 03:53:43 PM »
Pat Monahan of Train sang the national anthem a cappella before the AFC Championship Game. His voice is really strong, which I hadn't noticed before.
Slipping into something
And out of something else

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: January 18, 2015, 05:49:40 PM »
Pat Monahan of Train sang the national anthem a cappella before the AFC Championship Game. His voice is really strong, which I hadn't noticed before.

It's been said that as long as he doesn't write the songs, he ain't half bad.

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: January 19, 2015, 05:59:37 PM »

It's been said that as long as he doesn't write the songs, he ain't half bad.

Interesting use of the passive voice. I wonder if the name of the person who said that begins with "T."
Slipping into something
And out of something else

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: January 20, 2015, 10:56:06 AM »
Among the newer members that I haven't met personally, are there any other Seahawks fans (like myself)?  Conversely are there any Pats fans I should avoid trash talking to?

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: January 20, 2015, 10:59:24 AM »
Among the newer members that I haven't met personally, are there any other Seahawks fans (like myself)?  Conversely are there any Pats fans I should avoid trash talking to?

I hate both teams equally :)  What with Cheat Carroll vs Bill Belli-cheat and Katy Perry at halftime, this will be the Super Bowl from Hell as far as I'm concerned.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: January 20, 2015, 11:01:53 AM »

I hate both teams equally :)  What with Cheat Carroll vs Bill Belli-cheat and Katy Perry at halftime, this will be the Super Bowl from Hell as far as I'm concerned.

Kinda figured you'd say that Mike! 

And seriously, how much oral sex did Perry have to perform to land this gig?

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: January 20, 2015, 11:09:20 AM »

Kinda figured you'd say that Mike! 

And seriously, how much oral sex did Perry have to perform to land this gig?

I've no use for her, personally, but she *is* a huge star.  And supposedly the NFL was asking this year's halftime act to pay them for the privilege of appearing (since it boosts the artist's catalog sales and tour revenues).  So I suppose she massaged them financially if not sexually.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: January 20, 2015, 11:24:06 AM »

To answer your initial question, we haven't had much discussion of sports allegiances here of late (save for the Giants and other locals), but I don't recall anyone having any love for either Seahawks or Pats. If I'm wrong, please speak up.
Let's get right to it.

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: January 20, 2015, 11:26:45 AM »

To answer your initial question, we haven't had much discussion of sports allegiances here of late (save for the Giants and other locals), but I don't recall anyone having any love for either Seahawks or Pats. If I'm wrong, please speak up.

The 10@10 club, as urth alludes to, has been pretty mellow in general about sports as of late. Not so that other 10@10-related online group.