Author Topic: The Next Club Get-Together  (Read 151306 times)

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
The Next Club Get-Together
« Reply #180 on: February 22, 2006, 10:07:17 AM »
Quote from: "princessofcairo"
i will have to miss tomorrow's festivities. my uncle died, so i'll be with the family tomorrow until about nine pm. give me a call if you want a drink then, gaz.

Princess, I'm sorry to hear about your uncle, and sorry you won't be able to join us.

So far it sounds like just Mike, Gaz, myself and perhaps Mark & Beej, and maybe Geoff if we're there after 8. I should be there around 6ish--will look for familiar faces once I roll in.

Geoff, I'll email you my cell # so you can check on our whereabouts.

Speaking of Gaz, anyone heard from the guest of honor yet? He should be someplace in this area code by now.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 22, 2006, 10:30:39 AM »
Quote from: "urth"
i will have to miss tomorrow's festivities. my uncle died, so i'll be with the family tomorrow until about nine pm. give me a call if you want a drink then, gaz.

Princess, I'm sorry to hear about your uncle, and sorry you won't be able to join us.

So far it sounds like just Mike, Gaz, myself and perhaps Mark & Beej, and maybe Geoff if we're there after 8. I should be there around 6ish--will look for familiar faces once I roll in.

Geoff, I'll email you my cell # so you can check on our whereabouts.

Speaking of Gaz, anyone heard from the guest of honor yet? He should be someplace in this area code by now.

OK, well then I guess I'll get there around 6-ish too, unless someone says they'll be there earlier?

ETA :  We're meeting in the bar area of Chevy's Embarcadero location, yes?
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 22, 2006, 11:36:20 AM »
D'oh! I'm just now plugging in here. Sorry. I've had my head on sideways for a few days now.

Tonight. Chevy's Embarcadero. Sure!

Unfortunately, I won't be able to get out there myself until somewhere's between 6:30 & 7pm.

Shall I call Mshray's cell before I head down there? Or can I count on y'all keeping the big wheel turnin' until at least 7pm?
nakes? On my plane?

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 22, 2006, 11:42:58 AM »
Quote from: "Beej"
D'oh! I'm just now plugging in here. Sorry. I've had my head on sideways for a few days now.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to get out there myself until somewhere's between 6:30 & 7pm.

Shall I call Mshray's cell before I head down there? Or can I count on y'all keeping the big wheel turnin' until at least 7pm?

My availability is very much up in the air.  I will try to come up with an excuse that will disentangle me from other commitments, but I just don't know yet.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 22, 2006, 12:14:35 PM »
Ah. I see. OK. I understand, my man.

Anyone whose going fer sure wanna zap me their cellphone # please?

I'd post mine but with all the fans I have that scour the internet for my personal info? I better not risk it....
nakes? On my plane?

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 22, 2006, 12:35:22 PM »
Ah. I see. OK. I understand, my man.

Anyone whose going fer sure wanna zap me their cellphone # please?

I'd post mine but with all the fans I have that scour the internet for my personal info? I better not risk it....

Beej, I don't have a cel... and I forgot to bring Gaz's # to work with me; I'll call him as soon as I get home (around 4:30) if he doesn't check in here before then. Call me at work [415] and [229] give [5254] me yer # and I can call you once I touch base with him.

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 22, 2006, 12:59:15 PM »
[10-4, good buddy]
nakes? On my plane?

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 22, 2006, 01:50:28 PM »
Quote from: "mshray"

My availability is very much up in the air.  I will try to come up with an excuse that will disentangle me from other commitments, but I just don't know yet.

Gotcha, bro. That family thing. I feel ya. I've just emailed my cell to Mike, Beej and Geoff, and I know you've already got it. Feel free to holler if you think you can make it somehow.
Let's get right to it.

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 22, 2006, 01:53:03 PM »
Thanks for all the #s, fellas. Hopefully I'll see ya at Chevy's!
nakes? On my plane?

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 22, 2006, 02:17:38 PM »
Y'all have fun. Wish I was there. Tahoe is COOOOLD! I'm not used to single digits. Today is pretty warm, in the 40's! Snow is melting fast. I'll have multiple drinks tonight in your honor Gaz.

The "big" entertainment being billed, after I leave, is America, Camper VAN bEETHOVEN, AND sKID rOW. nO, NOT TOGETHER. oops hit caps. no time to correct.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 22, 2006, 03:23:41 PM »
BEEEEEJ!  I'm leaving work at 4 -- call BEFORE then!!!

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 01, 2006, 10:07:29 AM »

Amelia, sorry I couldn't grab a drink with you or see your set; and Alison, Rod, and Davefish, I'm sorry I couldn't see any of you while I was in town.  Thanks, all of you, for your kindness and company during a difficult period.  I'm feeling better now than I have in far too long.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 01, 2006, 10:48:41 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"

Amelia, sorry I couldn't grab a drink with you or see your set; and Alison, Rod, and Davefish, I'm sorry I couldn't see any of you while I was in town.  Thanks, all of you, for your kindness and company during a difficult period.  I'm feeling better now than I have in far too long.

Sorry I missed you too, bub.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 01, 2006, 01:13:34 PM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"

"ditto. like in the movie, 'ghost'."

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 13, 2006, 01:33:26 PM »
POC's Birthday Potluck Sendoff:

Host:    Amelia and the Argus
3187 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA
When:    Sunday, April 2, 6:30pm
Phone:    415.824.1447

Howdy! I hope you all can make it to my birthday potluck sendoff party! Even though I'll be working at the bar, I'm celebrating (a day before) my birthday with a potluck party! My brother, DJ Sneaky E will be spinning the music I like to hear, so prepare yourself for plenty Kenny Loggins!

I'm nomadic in nature (and will be heading to Amsterdam in mid-April to study Dutch for a couple of months), which means I live out of a bag. So in lieu of gifts, please just bring food! I'll see what sort Dutch-inspired concotions I can whip up! Did someone say, "cheese?"

Come for some swell food, a good time, and a drink or two! Heavily tipping the bartender is encouraged as I'm sure neither the Dutch nor American governments would appreciate me working illegally while I'm abroad. :)