Author Topic: The Next Club Get-Together  (Read 139743 times)

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
The Next Club Get-Together
« on: February 22, 2005, 11:22:25 AM »
poc wrote:
why doncha start a diff thread for gatherings, and we can poll it out there?

okay.

So here's what I think:

1 - are we gathering at Mike's on April 1?

2 - when do y'all want to come back out to Castro Valley?  I really want to see if we can cajole Urth into showing up with his wife & Ali & Dave with their kids.  My wife & kids will be there this time.

3 - a thought I just had...how many of you would be intersted in a group camping experience?  I grew up doing this, as my dad was the church youth director (& my mom was the camp cook) for several weekend trips & one 2-week trip per year, usually groups of over 25.  I myself have organized and cooked for such groups a few times in my adult life.  I have a few extra tents & at least a half dozen extra sleeping bags.  We could go as near as Big Basin or far as Yosemite or the High Sierra.   Take your pick.  Rod could teach us all how to fish, right Lightnin' man?
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 12:04:51 PM »
i'm definitely in for april fool's evening. i'll be heading to nyc the next day (will i see you, gaz?) for a couple of weeks, methinks.

for the bbq and camping (yay - fishing!!!): my schedule will be up in the air a lot after april...beginning of may is good. and july is good. those are my votes. i'll be in europe all of june.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 12:23:05 PM »
OK, I get the idea. I'll consult with the wife & see what I can arrange. April fools day (or that weekend) might be cool off the top of my head, but let me confirm. First weekend of May is likely not--our anniversary, so we'll probably be having a getaway somewhere.
Let's get right to it.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 01:50:22 PM »
Quote from: "princessofcairo"
i'm definitely in for april fool's evening. i'll be heading to nyc the next day (will i see you, gaz?)

Hoo-ooh, Haa-aah, Precious moments ...

I will be here.  My availability hinges on my progress with The Paper -- maybe I can solicit your time as a second reader or critical listener?

I'm afraid I won't be in SF at all this year, barring dramatic life upheaval: between the Seattle trip and my college 10-year reunion this June, my travel budget and vacation time are already spoken for.  :(
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2005, 02:15:55 PM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
i'm definitely in for april fool's evening. i'll be heading to nyc the next day (will i see you, gaz?)

Hoo-ooh, Haa-aah, Precious moments ...

I will be here.  My availability hinges on my progress with The Paper -- maybe I can solicit your time as a second reader or critical listener?

I'm afraid I won't be in SF at all this year, barring dramatic life upheaval: between the Seattle trip and my college 10-year reunion this June, my travel budget and vacation time are already spoken for.  :(

sure, i'm all ears and eyes!

i don't think i will make it to seattle, though. i will still be ho'ing about the east coast.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2005, 08:49:59 PM »
Dang POC. You're quite the jetsetter. LA, Vegas, EUROPE!, NY, plus more I can't remember. I think you log more miles in a year or two than I have logged my whole life.

geeez, now I'm bumming.
Sharks bleed teal.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2005, 08:55:16 AM »
Quote from: "Alicat"
Dang POC. You're quite the jetsetter. LA, Vegas, EUROPE!, NY, plus more I can't remember. I think you log more miles in a year or two than I have logged my whole life.

geeez, now I'm bumming.

i'm sure you've paid more bills on time.
:)

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
OK, how's this sound
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2005, 10:10:18 AM »
Mark, is Saturday April 2 workable for you? I realize that the original premise was April Fools Day, but it'll be a bit easier for us to get out to Castro Valley on a Saturday than it would post-work on a Friday.

Thoughts?
Let's get right to it.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: OK, how's this sound
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2005, 10:12:10 AM »
Quote from: "urth"
Mark, is Saturday April 2 workable for you? I realize that the original premise was April Fools Day, but it'll be a bit easier for us to get out to Castro Valley on a Saturday than it would post-work on a Friday.

Thoughts?

I can certainly do Saturday April 2, how's about the rest of you?

--Carlos Santana, 2010

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2005, 10:29:55 AM »
Quote from: "mshray"

i'll be in nyc.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2005, 10:53:31 AM »

i'll be in nyc.

what are your trip dates?

--Carlos Santana, 2010

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2005, 10:54:15 AM »

i'll be in nyc.

what are your trip dates?

4/2-4/17

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2005, 07:34:20 AM »
Maybe we should rethink the April Fool's thing, since poc will be getting up the next morning at the crack of dawn to fly to NYC. How about the weekend before?
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2005, 08:15:56 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
Maybe we should rethink the April Fool's thing, since poc will be getting up the next morning at the crack of dawn to fly to NYC. How about the weekend before?

well, i did have the april fool's gathering in mind when i made my travel plans. otherwise, i would have left friday night.  :)

but, sense and sensibilities deem i should not be too exhausted for the flight, i guess.  i could do the weekend before. anyday.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2005, 09:38:48 AM »
moving this over from a different topic this morning...
Quote from: "urth"

regarding the next gathering, I was planning to bring that up today when/if we see Urth & DaveMack in the forum.

Actually that was on my mind too--was a date ever settled on? I kinda got the impression the 4/2 suggestion was scotched. I think the weekend before that would work tho.

I would be happy to host again, either Saturday 3/26 or Sunday 3/27.  My feeling is if it is Sunday it should start a little earlier maybe.  Also, I am getting a new BBQ grill today, a gift from my wife's cousin.  We're gonna inaugurate it tomorrow with her side of the family.

--Carlos Santana, 2010