Author Topic: The Next Club Get-Together  (Read 151319 times)

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
HOLIDAY GET TOGETHER?
« Reply #165 on: November 30, 2005, 10:28:21 AM »
How about a Holiday music swap?

I haven't asked Bob yet, but if I hosted, is it inconvenient for the group to make it down my way? Near highways 101/92, 280/92, and very close to a Caltrain station.

We could also convene in SF somewhere.
Sharks bleed teal.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: HOLIDAY GET TOGETHER?
« Reply #166 on: December 01, 2005, 12:20:05 PM »
Quote from: "Alicat"
How about a Holiday music swap?

I haven't asked Bob yet, but if I hosted, is it inconvenient for the group to make it down my way? Near highways 101/92, 280/92, and very close to a Caltrain station.

We could also convene in SF somewhere.

Tough for me to commit at this point--it would depend on the day. My weekends between now and Xmas are getting full already and I gotta find time for shopping in there somewhere too.
Let's get right to it.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
When Gaz is here
« Reply #167 on: February 14, 2006, 05:22:43 PM »
Hey gang are we gonna get together at some point when Gaz is here?  I am going to St. Louis* Thurs-Tues, and thus will be returning the same time he is arriving.  So I figured to kick of the discussion before I leave.  Any thoughts?  I'd be happy to go to Amoeba with Gaz & whomever.  (Note to Gaz: I also hope I can go to Brandon's wake if that's appropriate)

*going to St. Louis for likely The Last Time.  My dad is retiring on his 69th b-day, which is this Sunday.  Big shindig/send-off at his church.  My brothers Joel & Chris (the one y'all met) & I, along with my kids & Joel's, are all showing up un-announced.  Got a business meeting on Tuesday to justify the trip.  On Wed my folks are driving out to KC to close on the house that they are buying for their retirement, and which is only 20 min from Joel.  Sometime in the next 2 - 2 1/2 months they will move away from St. Louis after 33 years.  So even if I do go back again it won't be the same anymore.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: When Gaz is here
« Reply #168 on: February 14, 2006, 07:07:56 PM »
Quote from: "mshray"
Hey gang are we gonna get together at some point when Gaz is here?  I am going to St. Louis* Thurs-Tues, and thus will be returning the same time he is arriving.  So I figured to kick of the discussion before I leave.  Any thoughts?  I'd be happy to go to Amoeba with Gaz & whomever.  (Note to Gaz: I also hope I can go to Brandon's wake if that's appropriate)

*going to St. Louis for likely The Last Time.  My dad is retiring on his 69th b-day, which is this Sunday.  Big shindig/send-off at his church.  My brothers Joel & Chris (the one y'all met) & I, along with my kids & Joel's, are all showing up un-announced.  Got a business meeting on Tuesday to justify the trip.  On Wed my folks are driving out to KC to close on the house that they are buying for their retirement, and which is only 20 min from Joel.  Sometime in the next 2 - 2 1/2 months they will move away from St. Louis after 33 years.  So even if I do go back again it won't be the same anymore.

Mark, it would be appropriate, and welcome, for you to attend Brandon's wake; unfortunately, his brother has given me very few details and I don't feel right pestering him.  Will pass on deets as I have them.  The other thread indicated that Wednesday might work and suggested margaritas/dinner at Chevy's in the Embarcadero.  That should work fine for me; I may even stop by Popolo's beforehand as I haven't seen Farhad and Ladan in years (Popolo's was/is a restaurant on Kearny where many Schwabbies used to go after work regularly; its proprietors, an Iranian couple, are absolute dearhearts who were very good to us all).

Sorry to hear your St. Louis is changing on you.  Hope you have a great time there; give your dad my congrats!
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 15, 2006, 08:25:17 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
Quote from: "mshray"

Mark, it would be appropriate, and welcome, for you to attend Brandon's wake; unfortunately, his brother has given me very few details and I don't feel right pestering him.  Will pass on deets as I have them.  The other thread indicated that Wednesday might work and suggested margaritas/dinner at Chevy's in the Embarcadero.  That should work fine for me; I may even stop by Popolo's beforehand as I haven't seen Farhad and Ladan in years (Popolo's was/is a restaurant on Kearny where many Schwabbies used to go after work regularly; its proprietors, an Iranian couple, are absolute dearhearts who were very good to us all).

Sorry to hear your St. Louis is changing on you.  Hope you have a great time there; give your dad my congrats!

While I would certainly like to hook up with you all next week, I'll be out of town Tuesday/Wednesday for business.  :cry:
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 15, 2006, 08:39:50 AM »
[(Popolo's was/is a restaurant on Kearny where many Schwabbies used to go after work regularly; its proprietors, an Iranian couple, are absolute dearhearts who were very good to us all).

Homeland Security on line One... they'd like to talk to you about being an Iranian sympathizer... :wink:
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #171 on: February 15, 2006, 09:55:47 AM »
Wednesday might work and suggested margaritas/dinner at Chevy's in the Embarcadero.

If you think it might extend beyond 8PM, I could drop by, but I have a 4-7 class that night.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 15, 2006, 10:10:29 AM »
Quote from: "ggould"
Wednesday might work and suggested margaritas/dinner at Chevy's in the Embarcadero.

If you think it might extend beyond 8PM, I could drop by, but I have a 4-7 class that night.

Which begs the question, what time do we want to meet? It appears it'll be a skeleton crew at best as Rod and Alicat are both OOT. Mark, you in? Princess? And what about Davefish? Interested?
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 15, 2006, 11:16:57 AM »
Quote from: "urth"

Which begs the question, what time do we want to meet? It appears it'll be a skeleton crew at best as Rod and Alicat are both OOT. Mark, you in? Princess? And what about Davefish? Interested?

to me, "after work" means 5pm onward -- and I believe Chevy's has Drink & Appy specials before 6.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 15, 2006, 11:41:51 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"

to me, "after work" means 5pm onward -- and I believe Chevy's has Drink & Appy specials before 6.

OK. I may not make it til after 6, but c'est la vie.
Let's get right to it.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
The Next Club Get-Together
« Reply #175 on: February 17, 2006, 08:36:20 PM »
Y'all have fun!! I'm hitting the road Saturday morning and really hopnig it doesn't take more than 6 hours. Snow is down pretty low with more storm coming I think. No computer going with me so talk with you next weekend. Good luck with your trip out here Gaz. My thoughts are with you.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 21, 2006, 03:15:48 PM »

So what time are we rendezvous-ing?  I can be there from 5 onward, but it's not clear yet what Mark, Gaz and the princess are planning -- are some or all of you doing Amoeba music shopping in the afternoon? I'm following your lead(s).

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 21, 2006, 05:09:54 PM »
So what time are we rendezvous-ing?  I can be there from 5 onward, but it's not clear yet what Mark, Gaz and the princess are planning -- are some or all of you doing Amoeba music shopping in the afternoon? I'm following your lead(s).
And let's not forget Beej (even tho' I did earlier--apologies, man)--you comin'?
Let's get right to it.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 21, 2006, 07:45:28 PM »
i will have to miss tomorrow's festivities. my uncle died, so i'll be with the family tomorrow until about nine pm. give me a call if you want a drink then, gaz.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 21, 2006, 09:15:38 PM »
Quote from: "princessofcairo"
i will have to miss tomorrow's festivities. my uncle died, so i'll be with the family tomorrow until about nine pm. give me a call if you want a drink then, gaz.

Oh no!  Sorry to hear, princess.  We'll be thinking of you.