Author Topic: The Next Club Get-Together  (Read 151304 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: The Next Club Get-Together
« Reply #285 on: November 23, 2008, 05:27:57 PM »
Don't think that's an excloo as it opens in Portland this week as well (however Van Sant lives here so there could be a local angles for both SF and Portland). We can play it by ear, but might be easier to come up with another outing than to orchestrate a group field trip to a very crowded movie.

I just meant exclusive within SF; The Castro had Indiana Jones 4 in June, but it was playing at Metreon at the same time. This might be a gift to the Castro on Focus Features part since so much filming was done in the 'hood.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 23, 2008, 10:22:06 PM »
Since Mike is IN SF and then going back to SF will be easier trip. I am avail tho on Thurs so if Mike is busy, I'll shuttle you from SFO to SF. AC/DC playing OAK that nite but I'll have been to the show on Tues.
Sharks bleed teal.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 30, 2008, 12:19:35 AM »
OK, gang--our meetup is a week away, so we gotta decide on a time and location.  My availability is shrinking fast, so my best is Saturday midday. I'd prefer Northbay but unless DM comes (Alicat, any word back from him?) I'm a minority of one on that. How about some place in SF about noon for lunch, either along the Embarcadero or out in the western part of the city (Haight/Sunset/Richmond). Suggestions?
Let's get right to it.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #288 on: November 30, 2008, 10:42:58 AM »
OK, gang--our meetup is a week away, so we gotta decide on a time and location.  My availability is shrinking fast, so my best is Saturday midday. I'd prefer Northbay but unless DM comes (Alicat, any word back from him?) I'm a minority of one on that. How about some place in SF about noon for lunch, either along the Embarcadero or out in the western part of the city (Haight/Sunset/Richmond). Suggestions?
note to Gaz and Urth:  Are you going to be in the City either Thursday or Sunday night?  I'll be in Monterey Friday and Saturday night.

:'(
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 30, 2008, 02:23:23 PM »
note to Gaz and Urth:  Are you going to be in the City either Thursday or Sunday night?  I'll be in Monterey Friday and Saturday night.

Thursday night, Mark's picking me up at the airport (Mike and Ali, thanks again for your airport-ride offers!); I'm spending that night with his family.  Friday afternoon we're heading into the city to meet up with other Schwab alumni, and that evening I'm hoping to catch Milk.  Saturday during the day I'm free (Urth, maybe lunch in the Haight and a quick trip to Amoeba?); in the later afternoon or evening, I'm meeting a friend, probably at Hobson's Choice, and we're having evening drinks & dinner somewhere on the Embarcadero.  Sunday through Tuesday are unscheduled so far.

Wow, this trip is coming up fast.  Can't wait.  Once I'm in town, I won't be checking e-mail much, so best bet is to call me at 917 . 771 . 2768.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 30, 2008, 08:15:32 PM »

Thursday night, Mark's picking me up at the airport (Mike and Ali, thanks again for your airport-ride offers!); I'm spending that night with his family.  Friday afternoon we're heading into the city to meet up with other Schwab alumni, and that evening I'm hoping to catch Milk.  Saturday during the day I'm free (Urth, maybe lunch in the Haight and a quick trip to Amoeba?); in the later afternoon or evening, I'm meeting a friend, probably at Hobson's Choice, and we're having evening drinks & dinner somewhere on the Embarcadero.  Sunday through Tuesday are unscheduled so far.

Wow, this trip is coming up fast.  Can't wait.  Once I'm in town, I won't be checking e-mail much, so best bet is to call me at 917 . 771 . 2768.

I'm actually going to be in the city both Thursday and Sunday nights, but I have commitments for both evenings already. Sorry--if that changes I'll let you know.

Gaz, your suggestion of lunch and Amoeba is definitely workable. I need to leave SF sometime around 3 as I have to be back in San Rafael around 4, and in Santa Rosa by 5. But if we could meet around noon, that'd leave enough time for a good visit and shopping expedition. Is that workable for anyone else?
Let's get right to it.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 30, 2008, 08:37:35 PM »

I'm actually going to be in the city both Thursday and Sunday nights, but I have commitments for both evenings already. Sorry--if that changes I'll let you know.

Gaz, your suggestion of lunch and Amoeba is definitely workable. I need to leave SF sometime around 3 as I have to be back in San Rafael around 4, and in Santa Rosa by 5. But if we could meet around noon, that'd leave enough time for a good visit and shopping expedition. Is that workable for anyone else?
Saturday is good for me. I have a Sharks game at 7pm. Brunch and Amoeba are good. Let me try one more time to reach Dave for a Saturday date. Gaz, I'll see you Thurs. nite if Mark brings you down my way for pastrami and belgian brew. I'm thinkin ya might be wiped out after a flight and time change.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 30, 2008, 09:33:29 PM »

That works for me, I'm avail all day Sat until dinner (theater tix at 8pm).

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 01, 2008, 07:14:19 AM »
This sounds very promising.  Why don't we say, tentatively, 12:30 Saturday at the Citrus Club on Haight Street (inexpensive pan-Asian noodle joint near the park), Amoeba field trip to follow.

Alison: Mashed potatoes for my hot pastrami?  ;)  Flying does take a bit out of me, but food and drink will be just what I need, and I do love a good Belgian brew.  Hope to see you there!
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 01, 2008, 09:45:39 AM »
No Dave. He wrote:

I'd love to BUT....I am totally booked all next weekend - a couple parties and packing for the move.

Please give my best to all.

-Dave
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 01, 2008, 09:58:00 AM »
No Dave. He wrote:

I'd love to BUT....I am totally booked all next weekend - a couple parties and packing for the move.

-Dave

no surprise there -- I mean, he *is* moving halfway across the country in 3 weeks.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 01, 2008, 10:18:36 AM »
No Dave. He wrote:

-Dave

I bet Dave's copied and pasted this very same message to a lot of folks. 

Thanks for reaching out to him Alicat!

eta: I'll see you at the Citrus Club on Saturday.   
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 10:22:32 AM by Tinka_Cat »
~CPL593H~

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 01, 2008, 10:47:48 AM »
eta: I'll see you at the Citrus Club on Saturday.   

Can't wait to meet you!

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 01, 2008, 10:50:21 AM »
This sounds very promising.  Why don't we say, tentatively, 12:30 Saturday at the Citrus Club on Haight Street (inexpensive pan-Asian noodle joint near the park), Amoeba field trip to follow.
I'll try to make it, would be nice to meet all you cats!

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 01, 2008, 10:55:20 AM »
No Dave. He wrote:

-Dave

no surprise there -- I mean, he *is* moving halfway across the country in 3 weeks.

Yeah, having done essentially the same thing six months ago (just not as far) I bet he's got plenty on his plate. And safe to say he's got lots more vinyl to pack than I did, and probably more CDs too.
Let's get right to it.