Author Topic: The Next Club Get-Together  (Read 144774 times)

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: The Next Club Get-Together
« Reply #300 on: December 03, 2008, 07:36:57 PM »
FYI: Getting together in San Carlos Thursday night 8pm ish (Gaz, Mshray, RGM, Ali). Geoff, can you make it?
Sharks bleed teal.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #301 on: December 03, 2008, 09:11:19 PM »
FYI: Getting together in San Carlos Thursday night 8pm ish (Gaz, Mshray, RGM, Ali). Geoff, can you make it?
Birthday plans, then off to Monterey on Friday.  Hopefully lots of golf, but the timing is poor to miss Gaz and Urth, and meet the new kids!  Hope you all have a lot of fun.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 03, 2008, 10:22:15 PM »
Birthday plans, then off to Monterey on Friday.  Hopefully lots of golf, but the timing is poor to miss Gaz and Urth, and meet the new kids!  Hope you all have a lot of fun.

Wish it were otherwise, bro. Ye shall be missed. We'll raise a glass to ya. And break a leg or whatever the golfing equivalent is. (I'm sure wishing you good luck is probably bad luck, or something like that.)

I'm outta here early tomorrow morning, so will certainly miss the initial airing of tomorrow's set, and can't predict whether I'll hear the replay or not. Thankfully the '72 set was today, so more likely an 80s set tomorrow. See Gaz and whoever else makes it on Saturday at the Citrus Club, Haight St., 12:30. If you need to be in touch, e-mail me at my yahoo addy (same as all the others, just w/ yahoo-dot-com for the domain) or call my cell (same as it ever was, I know some of you have it).
Let's get right to it.

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 04, 2008, 09:21:49 AM »

Where in San Carlos are you all meeting?  Saturday isn't looking too good right now, but I'm already looking for excuses to leave work early today.  I think I can find San Carlos...
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 04, 2008, 09:24:58 AM »

Have a great weekend, Geoff.  Where you planning on playing -- do you have wealthy friends who are giving you a round at Pebble for your birthday?  One can only dream....  8)
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 04, 2008, 09:27:58 AM »

Where in San Carlos are you all meeting?  Saturday isn't looking too good right now, but I'm already looking for excuses to leave work early today.  I think I can find San Carlos...

The Refuge
963 Laurel St
San Carlos, CA 94070

great pastrami, we're told.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #306 on: December 04, 2008, 09:53:26 AM »
Have a great weekend, Geoff.  Where you planning on playing -- do you have wealthy friends who are giving you a round at Pebble for your birthday?  One can only dream....  8)
If they don't have some tournament clogging up the works, I hope to play the Pacific Grove muni once or twice.  Short enough that maybe someday I'll break 100!
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 04, 2008, 09:54:32 AM »

The Refuge
963 Laurel St
San Carlos, CA 94070

Sunset Mag named it best in the Bay Area. Ali & I & also one of my co workers who've been there all concur.  They specialize in Beglian Ale as well.  Rod we'd love to see you.  And anyone else of course.  Davefish & Darryl, this is for sure as far south as we'll be congregating this time, just so's you know.  (by my definition, anything south of 92 counts as south, but that's just me)
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 04, 2008, 09:56:16 AM »
If they don't have some tournament clogging up the works, I hope to play the Pacific Grove muni once or twice.  Short enough that maybe someday I'll break 100!
My ball always seemed to love getting fouled up in the ice plants there. Hope you have great weather.
Sharks bleed teal.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 04, 2008, 09:59:54 AM »

The Refuge
963 Laurel St
San Carlos, CA 94070

http://www.refugesc.com/contact.html
Looks like they're open till 9pm only. I'm sure they'd stay open if we're eating and drinking.
Sharks bleed teal.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 04, 2008, 10:57:29 AM »

The Refuge
963 Laurel St
San Carlos, CA 94070

Looks like they're open till 9pm only. I'm sure they'd stay open if we're eating and drinking.

wish I could make it tonight.  I'll see (some of) you Saturday in the Haight!
~CPL593H~

Davefish

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 04, 2008, 11:02:08 AM »

The Refuge
963 Laurel St
San Carlos, CA 94070

I may be able to make this.  Maybe we should start at 7:30 since they close at 9:00?
"Play the tape machine, make the toast and tea"

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 04, 2008, 11:07:11 AM »

I may be able to make this.  Maybe we should start at 7:30 since they close at 9:00?

unfortunately, mshray is picking Gaz up at SFO at 7:15 (that's assuming on-time arrival)
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Davefish

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 04, 2008, 11:10:31 AM »

unfortunately, mshray is picking Gaz up at SFO at 7:15 (that's assuming on-time arrival)
Ahh, well that brackets it pretty good.  I'll be there pending spousal approval.
"Play the tape machine, make the toast and tea"

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 04, 2008, 12:33:59 PM »
I'm in favor of y'all getting an earlier start & then letting me bring Gaz along as soon as he touches down.  He just called me from his Philly stop-over & all signs point to on-time arrival.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010