Author Topic: The Next Club Get-Together  (Read 142291 times)

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: The Next Club Get-Together
« Reply #270 on: November 19, 2008, 11:28:02 AM »
Like Alicat I've a commitment for Sat nite (Nov 6 -- theater, not hockey) but am avail the rest of the time afaik.

It's looking like the best times for me are midday (like, noon) on Saturday or Sunday, the 6th or 7th.
Let's get right to it.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 19, 2008, 10:49:19 PM »
Like Alicat I've a commitment for Sat nite (Nov 6 -- theater, not hockey) but am avail the rest of the time afaik.

It's looking like the best times for me are midday (like, noon) on Saturday or Sunday, the 6th or 7th.
Just emailed Dave. Mentioned brunch/lunch on Sat or Sun.
Sharks bleed teal.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #272 on: November 20, 2008, 06:35:11 PM »
not sure what time I'll be getting back into Bay Area on Sunday.  Probably not by noon.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 20, 2008, 07:23:52 PM »
How about hooking up for a viewing of Milk, which opens that Friday?  I'd love to see that in SF with Gaz & Mike.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 20, 2008, 08:31:48 PM »
How about hooking up for a viewing of Milk, which opens that Friday?  I'd love to see that in SF with Gaz & Mike.

Better buy your tix now -- it'll be like the first wknd of Brokeback Mtn with every show sold out in advance.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 20, 2008, 09:39:54 PM »

Better buy your tix now -- it'll be like the first wknd of Brokeback Mtn with every show sold out in advance.

I'm not sure Milk - or Sean Penn - has the across-the-board appeal of Gyllenhall/Ledger.

The movie's a great idea - I'm in.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 21, 2008, 11:41:20 AM »

I'm not sure Milk - or Sean Penn - has the across-the-board appeal of Gyllenhall/Ledger.

Inspired idea. I'd prefer to see Milk in SF rather than in a suburban multiplex up here, but the timing will be key for me.
Let's get right to it.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 21, 2008, 05:33:36 PM »

Inspired idea. I'd prefer to see Milk in SF rather than in a suburban multiplex up here, but the timing will be key for me.
I'm in depending day/time.
Sharks bleed teal.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 21, 2008, 11:01:52 PM »
Cool, glad that's a possibility.

I have no set agenda, just the vague wishes to hang out with various friends.  Here are some things I'd enjoy doing, no need to concretize anything just yet:

* Amoeba pilgrimage
* Drinks at Hobson's Choice in the Upper Haight
* Karaoke at the Mint on Markey
* Contemplation at the Yerba Buena gardens (this may be a solo thing)
* Meal at the House of Nanking or its next-door neighbor Chef Jia
* Drinks at Vesuvio and the dive across the street whose name I'm blanking on; short name, starts with a C, they have a walrus dick hanging on the wall and a sign about the "dread 86" ...
* Meal at We Be Sushi
* Meal at Paste Bene off Kearny (in lieu of Popolo's, RIP)
* Meal at Fuzio in the Castro (or a slice at Nizario's, still my favorite slice of all, and that includes NYC pizza)
* Is the ice-skating rink up at the Embarcadero yet?  If not, I'd be happy with a stroll through the Ferry Plaza market.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 22, 2008, 09:48:25 AM »
* Drinks at Vesuvio and the dive across the street whose name I'm blanking on; short name, starts with a C, they have a walrus dick hanging on the wall and a sign about the "dread 86" ...

You might mean Specs?
http://www.yelp.com/biz/specs-twelve-adler-museum-cafe-san-francisco-2

a classic dive, the kind of place where career drinkers might hang out.  Sort of like the now-gone Expansion Bar, which was on Market near Church.  Is there a Dive Bar thread?  or a bar/restaurant review thread?

Hope to meet you, Gaz -- and anyone else who will be around for this get-together!
~CPL593H~

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 22, 2008, 12:18:59 PM »
Cool, glad that's a possibility.

I have no set agenda, just the vague wishes to hang out with various friends.  Here are some things I'd enjoy doing, no need to concretize anything just yet:

* Amoeba pilgrimage
* Drinks at Hobson's Choice in the Upper Haight
* Karaoke at the Mint on Markey
* Contemplation at the Yerba Buena gardens (this may be a solo thing)
* Meal at the House of Nanking or its next-door neighbor Chef Jia
* Meal at We Be Sushi
* Meal at Paste Bene off Kearny (in lieu of Popolo's, RIP)
* Meal at Fuzio in the Castro (or a slice at Nizario's, still my favorite slice of all, and that includes NYC pizza)
* Is the ice-skating rink up at the Embarcadero yet?  If not, I'd be happy with a stroll through the Ferry Plaza market.
woo hoo. Remember, me no work...we can eat and drink all day! Even a weekday! Let me know. Also, if you fly in to SFO, I'm about 15 minutes away and could shuttle you in to SF if timing is OK.
Sharks bleed teal.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 22, 2008, 08:26:11 PM »

You might mean Specs?
http://www.yelp.com/biz/specs-twelve-adler-museum-cafe-san-francisco-2

a classic dive, the kind of place where career drinkers might hang out.  Sort of like the now-gone Expansion Bar, which was on Market near Church.  Is there a Dive Bar thread?  or a bar/restaurant review thread?

Hope to meet you, Gaz -- and anyone else who will be around for this get-together!

YES, that's the place!  Can't believe I spaced on the name - thank you, Talisker, for eradicating my brain cells.

Mike, Alison, thank you both for your respective airport transit offers!  I'm scheduled to arrive @ SFO 7:15pm on Dec. 4; I'm fine to BART but if either of you is free and feels like a road trip I would love a ride!  Also looking to make dinner plans that evening - maybe y'alls might want to Nanking that night?

I have standing offers from two friends to stay with them, and am trying to figure out if any other social plans will be overnighters, so forgive me if I'm a little scattered about deets.  Basically I'm hoping other people will set my itinerary for me.  :)

(And any discussion of SF dive bars must include a tribute to the dearly departed 7-11 Club on Market.)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 23, 2008, 10:07:51 AM »
I'm scheduled to arrive @ SFO 7:15pm on Dec. 4; I'm fine to BART but if either of you is free and feels like a road trip I would love a ride!  Also looking to make dinner plans that evening - maybe y'alls might want to Nanking that night?

I'm more than happy to pick you up, tho' parking in Chinatown/N Beach kinda sucks so I dunno about going to Nanking from SFO.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 23, 2008, 12:37:30 PM »

UPDATE: Milk opens *this* week in SF -- Wednesday at the Castro. Not clear if this is an exclusive engagement; if so, tix will be even harder to get, and the Castro doesn't use Fandango or MovieTickets.com. It may expand to other theaters after a week or 2 , but to return to my Brokeback analogy, the Embarcadero had that one on THREE screens and virtually every show sold out the first 2 or 3 weekends.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 23, 2008, 02:13:46 PM »

UPDATE: Milk opens *this* week in SF -- Wednesday at the Castro. Not clear if this is an exclusive engagement; if so, tix will be even harder to get, and the Castro doesn't use Fandango or MovieTickets.com. It may expand to other theaters after a week or 2 , but to return to my Brokeback analogy, the Embarcadero had that one on THREE screens and virtually every show sold out the first 2 or 3 weekends.

Don't think that's an excloo as it opens in Portland this week as well (however Van Sant lives here so there could be a local angles for both SF and Portland). We can play it by ear, but might be easier to come up with another outing than to orchestrate a group field trip to a very crowded movie.
Let's get right to it.