Author Topic: The Next Club Get-Together  (Read 151339 times)

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
The Next Club Get-Together
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2005, 08:43:12 AM »
Hmm. I'm not going to have a lot of time this week after work.

I'm not sure if I can whip up my famous Spicy Beej Thai Peanut Death. There's just not enuf time w/o really killing myself. And believe me- I am NO fun when I'm dead.

What else should I bring? Any preferences?
nakes? On my plane?

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2005, 08:49:14 AM »
Quote from: "Beej"
Hmm. I'm not going to have a lot of time this week after work.

I'm not sure if I can whip up my famous Spicy Beej Thai Peanut Death. There's just not enuf time w/o really killing myself. And believe me- I am NO fun when I'm dead.

What else should I bring? Any preferences?

just bring your hi-lariously funny self, Beejman.

BTW, the princess and I will most likely be leaving from 24th & Mission around 1:30 (tho' I have to confirm with her). If so, can you be at my place around 1:15-ish?
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2005, 08:59:58 AM »
Hugh Betcha!

Please zap me yer address when you get a convenient moment.

I'll definitely bring something- but it'll be store-bought as opposed to hand-crafted by me.
nakes? On my plane?

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Re: can't make it
« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2005, 09:07:56 AM »
Quote from: "ggould"
Y'all have a great time, take some pix.  I played hooky (golf) on Sunday, and now am totally squished between different school deadlines.  It'll all be over in a week and a half.

Sorry you wont be there.  Wanted you to meet Sharlene -- she's something of a Deadhead...
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2005, 11:13:41 AM »
Quote from: "Rod"
Y'all have a great time, take some pix.  I played hooky (golf) on Sunday, and now am totally squished between different school deadlines.  It'll all be over in a week and a half.

Sorry you wont be there.  Wanted you to meet Sharlene -- she's something of a Deadhead...
Just tell her these exact words:

"All good things in all good time"

And she'll understand!  Are you being unavoidably exposed to more GD lately because of this?  I remember an old saying from the days of Video West that I can't repeat in mixed company.  It refers to the mixture of romance and GD music!
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2005, 11:26:04 AM »
Are you being unavoidably exposed to more GD lately because of this?  I remember an old saying from the days of Video West that I can't repeat in mixed company.  It refers to the mixture of romance and GD music!

You bet.  And I've seen the GD Movie about a hundred times now (including your crowd shot).
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2005, 10:44:22 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
BTW, the princess and I will most likely be leaving from 24th & Mission around 1:30 (tho' I have to confirm with her). If so, can you be at my place around 1:15-ish?

Eh!? What time is the party? I have stuff going on till about 4pm.
Sharks bleed teal.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2005, 10:59:54 AM »
Quote from: "Alicat"

My idea is that people can come over as early as they'd like, so anything after lunchtime is fine, and 2:00 is pretty much ideal.  Then we can start BBQ-ing around 5 & eat around 5:30.  I will have lots of food, so this doesn't need to be a real pot-luck, although I won't complain if you want to bring something you'd like to share.

I am really going to try to post a list of my whole HD archive of tunes so that y'all can do a little free shopping at MarkTunes.  Step one is geting a crossover cable so that tonight I can finally get around to moving the 900+ tunes on my laptop over to join the 4000+ tunes on my PC.  Should be something for everybody!
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2005, 11:29:10 AM »
Can we get a head count as to how many board folks are coming? My rough estimate is about 8 or so, but, ummm, in the words of Mr. Petty, I need to know.
Let's get right to it.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2005, 11:42:14 AM »
Quote from: "urth"
Can we get a head count as to how many board folks are coming? My rough estimate is about 8 or so, but, ummm, in the words of Mr. Petty, I need to know.

Damn, wish I could be there.  But if you end up playing a music trivia game, feel free to enlist me as a help-line: 917 . 771 . 2768.

Have a great time!  Take lots of pics!

Gaz
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2005, 11:53:50 AM »
I'm going. That's one. And RGMike & POC are going. That's... uh.... 3!
nakes? On my plane?

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2005, 07:34:33 PM »
Quote from: "Alicat"

My plan more or less coordinates with Mike/POC's. I'm gonna get on BART at Glen Park around 1:30 as well, so if we work this right, we could well end up on the same train. I figure that way Mark won't have to keep running back and forth to the Bart station.

As for club attendees, my mental list right now is at 9:

Mark (+ fam)
Mike
POC
Beej
Alicat (w/ or w/o fam)
Rod (w/ sweetie)
Davefish
Lufaphs (Tim?)
My own little ol self

Let me know if I'm leaving someone out. Beej, is yer pal Eujean considering coming?
Let's get right to it.

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2005, 08:44:16 AM »
D'oh! I think I forgot to email her. Dang, we need a better system than me.

If she holds to habit- she'll be at KABOOM already- hanging out with her brother. I'm not sure how early they like to get there. I'll be seeing her on Sunday cuz we're both attending a picnic that a mutal friend is organizing. She mentioned on that evite that she's got "a lot going on this weekend" so she may have plans already.
nakes? On my plane?

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2005, 09:18:26 AM »
Hey forgot to ask earlier, but are there any vegans among our numbers? Just wondering if I should keep the feta on the side--I'll just do that til we get to Chez Shray and figure out what's what then.

See most of ya this PM. (Gaz & Geoff we'll be thinking of ya!)
jh
Let's get right to it.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2005, 12:44:54 PM »
Just a quick note to say what a great time I had hanging with the gang yesterday over at Mark's casa. I am really glad I finally was able to meet everyone, and plan to be less scarce at these get-togethers in the future. And a big thanks to Mark for hosting, and putting out a big feed for everyone--you rule, man.

Realized as I arrived at Castro Valley BART yesterday afternoon that I spaced out bringing a camera along, and I don't recall seeing anyone else taking shots, so this one may have to live on in our memories, rather than on Geoff's photo page.

And finally, anyone notice we got a new member yesterday, someone who goes by Mus6? Welcome, whoever you are, and sign in please!
Let's get right to it.