Author Topic: The Next Club Get-Together  (Read 151336 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
The Next Club Get-Together
« Reply #90 on: May 22, 2005, 08:13:56 PM »
Quote from: "urth"
Just a quick note to say what a great time I had hanging with the gang yesterday over at Mark's casa. I am really glad I finally was able to meet everyone, and plan to be less scarce at these get-togethers in the future. And a big thanks to Mark for hosting, and putting out a big feed for everyone--you rule, man.

Ditto -- Mark is the King o' the Grill. A fine time was had. Did anyone make it to Rockin' Rod's rooftop?
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 22, 2005, 11:47:03 PM »
Another message of thanks. Great BBQ Mark. Great to see all of you.

My one disappointment. I was bleary eyed from picking a group of tunes to burn. Selected a full discs worth, burned it, or THOUGHT I burned it. Never checked till I got home. Nothing on the disc. Damn! I need to be supervised next time. :roll:
Sharks bleed teal.

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2005, 09:38:38 AM »
What an awesome day! Thanks to one and all (and especially Mshray fer hosting & Rod for opening up his rooftop)!
nakes? On my plane?

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2005, 09:53:42 AM »
I sure had fun.  Good seeing Tim again after so long, nice meeting Sharlene (& Rod please thank her again for all the cooking & cleaning help above & beyond the call), and super especially cool finally meeting Urthwerm in the flesh.  

My older boy thinks that is the coolest nickname btw.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2005, 11:14:06 AM »
Quote from: "mshray"
I sure had fun.  Good seeing Tim again after so long, nice meeting Sharlene (& Rod please thank her again for all the cooking & cleaning help above & beyond the call), and super especially cool finally meeting Urthwerm in the flesh.  

Hmmmm. Better keep an eye on that kid.  :wink:

Thanks for the props--ditto here.

Hey Rod, shoot me your email & I'll send ya the track listings for those two BeBop discs
Let's get right to it.

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2005, 03:26:59 PM »

Just want to add my thanks, Mark.  Had a fine time.

And thanks for the party favors urth, and all the cool music everyone else.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 23, 2005, 04:13:57 PM »
Yeah, thanks for the keen CDs, Urth! And thanks for the mp3s, Mshray!
nakes? On my plane?

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2005, 04:25:20 PM »
Quote from: "Alicat"

My one disappointment. I was bleary eyed from picking a group of tunes to burn. Selected a full discs worth, burned it, or THOUGHT I burned it. Never checked till I got home. Nothing on the disc. Damn! I need to be supervised next time. :roll:

Ali, did you put them in a computer or a CD player?  Not all CD players (& basically none from more than two years ago) will play MP3's straight from a burned disc.  Pop it into a PC & see if you can find the files.  If the disc is blank then you really are screwed (sorry).

I forget who it was besides Dave that was in on the discussion of Peter Finch's professed desire for Anna Ayala, but there's a KFOG insta poll up now, so vote & see if you belong to the 4% or the 96%.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 23, 2005, 09:42:37 PM »
Hey thanks mshray for puttin' on a helluva party!  Urth and DaveFish - nice to meet you at long last - and Sharlene (?) too.  It more than made up for not going to Ka-Boom!  Have a happy Memorial Day weekend everyone!  And Angela sends her regrets for not being able to make it!

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2005, 10:05:25 PM »

Ali, did you put them in a computer or a CD player?  Not all CD players (& basically none from more than two years ago) will play MP3's straight from a burned disc.  Pop it into a PC & see if you can find the files.  If the disc is blank then you really are screwed (sorry).

I forget who it was besides Dave that was in on the discussion of Peter Finch's professed desire for Anna Ayala, but there's a KFOG insta poll up now, so vote & see if you belong to the 4% or the 96%.

Definitely NOT, 'cept now it's 5%/95%. This morning Peter was gushing about Sabado Gigante, a hispanic variety show hosted by (I think) a Chilean Jew. Very funny, amusing, long-running show. I immediately phoned in and gave Peter crap about the Ana Ayala fetish. Dave played it back right away.

About the disc, I just didn't do it right apparently. I put it into my PC, tried both drives, nothing. C'est la vie. What I tried to burn was Aretha, Green Day, Chairman of the Bd. and a few others.
Sharks bleed teal.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2005, 10:07:42 PM »
Thanks Urth for the tunes.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 23, 2005, 10:16:45 PM »
thanks Beej for sending me the "Blackberry way" mp3 (I emailed you a "thank you" and it got bounced back).

Of course, with dial-up it took 20 minutes to download, but still...
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 23, 2005, 11:52:59 PM »

This morning Peter was gushing about Sabado Gigante, a hispanic variety show hosted by (I think) a Chilean Jew. Very funny, amusing, long-running show.

Oh my God you need to see "Sabado Gigante."  (Literally, "Giant Saturday.")  It's a collision of every hack idea to ever appear on a game show or variety show.  It's lasted so long because it's never the same thing twice, kind of like "the Price Is Right."  Actually, a lot of that, with a little bit of "Let's Make a Deal," a few Mexican wrestlers demonstrating moves in a pool of reclaimed water, people doing Sonny/Cher-esque slapstick routines, and I guess a touch of "Supermarket Sweep."  And when Wesson Oil sponsors the show, the entire arena-like audience sings the Wesson theme before the commercial break.  It's scary and sweet.

P.S.  The host's name is Don Francisco, IIRC
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2005, 08:52:50 AM »
I do watch Sabado Gigante from time to time. While my spanish is good, they speak way too fast for me to catch most of what's happening.
Sharks bleed teal.

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2005, 09:07:40 AM »
I forget who it was besides Dave that was in on the discussion of Peter Finch's professed desire for Anna Ayala...

That was me at Rod's house, I think. And I'm glad you called him on it, Ali!

RGMike: oops. Heh. I thought I was the only one who had dial-up anymore. Anyhoo- yer welcome! Enjoy!
nakes? On my plane?