Author Topic: The Next Club Get-Together  (Read 151321 times)

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Re: Gazoo's December Visit
« Reply #225 on: November 29, 2006, 12:20:59 PM »
Quote from: "mshray"
Quote from: "Gazoo"
REVIVED because it's under 3 weeks till my SF vacation.  I'll be in town 12/18-12/28.  Would love to do a group dinner with karaoke afterward but am open to any and all ideas.  Including a field trip to Amoeba.  Also hoping to invite Dave, as I don't think he's made a Club gathering in a few years.  Let me know your availabilities.  And let me know if you have any NYC requests for me to fulfill (any Mallomar lovers out there?).  Thanks!

I'll show up when/wherever.  You are welcome to crash at my place for any of your nights, there's a really good Chinese place in San Leandro we can take you to, especially if you like spicy food.  

Are you also planning to see any of our Schwab friends?  If so please include me if at all possible.

I'm in most anytime too.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 29, 2006, 02:42:21 PM »
REVIVED because it's under 3 weeks till my SF vacation.  I'll be in town 12/18-12/28.  Would love to do a group dinner with karaoke afterward but am open to any and all ideas.  Including a field trip to Amoeba.  Also hoping to invite Dave, as I don't think he's made a Club gathering in a few years.  Let me know your availabilities.  And let me know if you have any NYC requests for me to fulfill (any Mallomar lovers out there?).  Thanks!

I'll show up when/wherever.  You are welcome to crash at my place for any of your nights, there's a really good Chinese place in San Leandro we can take you to, especially if you like spicy food.  

Are you also planning to see any of our Schwab friends?  If so please include me if at all possible.

I'm game for dinner, more likely on a weeknight than the weekend of the 23rd & 24th, and I'm off the week after Xmas so that's probably better than the week before. Am def into an Amoeba run, which would probably be better attempted after the pre-Xmas retail rush is over. But I'm literally a 15-minute walk from the Haight so could potentially meet you there any time.
Let's get right to it.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #227 on: November 29, 2006, 08:38:03 PM »

I'll be off school, so should be somewhat available, but brain-dead until that point! I'll keep in touch with this topic.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
The Next Club Get-Together
« Reply #228 on: December 12, 2006, 05:07:30 PM »
so Gaz have we settled on an itinerary for you yet?

I'll be in Seattle for the first 24 hrs or so that you're here, but after that I'm flexible.

Christina says you are more than welcome to spend a night here & she's looking forward to seeing you. As of course am I.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 12, 2006, 07:07:56 PM »

I'll be in Seattle for the first 24 hrs or so that you're here, but after that I'm flexible.

Christina says you are more than welcome to spend a night here & she's looking forward to seeing you. As of course am I.

Very kind offer, I appreciate!  So far I'm doing the Sharks game with Mike Saturday night (as opposed to doing the Sharks, which isn't ruled out); and am taking the legendary Niel Armstrong out to dinner Wednesday night.  Will try and plan around your availability for any excursions (dinner, drinks, Amoeba, karaoke, go-karts, skee-ball, Civil War re-enactments, whatever).

I'm really excited to see you all (I hope) next week.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 13, 2006, 10:18:08 AM »

...as opposed to doing the Sharks, which isn't ruled out);

Stay away from my man boys! :wink:
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 13, 2006, 10:31:10 AM »
Quote from: "Alicat"

...as opposed to doing the Sharks, which isn't ruled out);

Stay away from my man boys! :wink:

Didya see the interview with Marleau after last nite's game? Dreamy.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 17, 2006, 12:00:13 PM »
So I'll be arriving in town tomorrow noon-ish.  I actually have kind of a cluttered afternoon right off the bat, including a phone interview with Michael Bracy of the Future of Music Coalition (even on vacation I manage to take on work, sheesh) but afterwards have fairly few commitments.  I haven't had a chance to scout for concerts of interest, and Urth, I agree with you that an Amoeba run will be more fun after Christmas.  Since I'll have fairly limited Internet access while in town, probably best to call me if anything's in the works like dinner or drinks.  Hoping to see you all!

Gaz
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 17, 2006, 02:05:07 PM »
So I'll be arriving in town tomorrow noon-ish.  I actually have kind of a cluttered afternoon right off the bat, including a phone interview with Michael Bracy of the Future of Music Coalition (even on vacation I manage to take on work, sheesh) but afterwards have fairly few commitments.  I haven't had a chance to scout for concerts of interest, and Urth, I agree with you that an Amoeba run will be more fun after Christmas.  Since I'll have fairly limited Internet access while in town, probably best to call me if anything's in the works like dinner or drinks.  Hoping to see you all!

Gaz

Sounds good. Joe, my cell phone # hasn't changed since I was in NY a couple years back, so if you still have it, it should work. However, I don't seem to have your # in my phone any longer, so if you could drop that via e-mail, that'd be cool.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 17, 2006, 05:20:27 PM »
Quote from: "urth"

Gaz

Sounds good. Joe, my cell phone # hasn't changed since I was in NY a couple years back, so if you still have it, it should work. However, I don't seem to have your # in my phone any longer, so if you could drop that via e-mail, that'd be cool.

I understand it will be warmer in NY this week than in SF :wink:

I was gonna suugest our usual after-work-at-Chevy's thing, in terms of convenient acces to BART etc.  But other suggestions are welcome.  And if anyone will be near San Jose on Saturday, Gaz & I will be going to a 7pm Sharks game.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 17, 2006, 09:36:24 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"

Gaz

I understand it will be warmer in NY this week than in SF :wink:

I was gonna suugest our usual after-work-at-Chevy's thing, in terms of convenient acces to BART etc.  But other suggestions are welcome.  And if anyone will be near San Jose on Saturday, Gaz & I will be going to a 7pm Sharks game.

How about Friday night or Saturday day? Or, after Xmas. I have managed to get something booked every night this comoing week thru Thursday.
When you go to the game on Saturday, get there early for the pre game skate. You can go down to the front by the ice and watch them up close and personal. (not that personal but it's goooood. Mark Smith up close is goooood.) The Sharks warm up at the end by where the Shark head is. Ushers allow you to go down. Last night was stupendous. Once again, more fun that I should have had. One of the rare games Bob goes to with me.
Sharks bleed teal.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 18, 2006, 01:10:34 PM »
<snip>I haven't had a chance to scout for concerts of interest, and Urth, I agree with you that an Amoeba run will be more fun after Christmas. <snip>
Gaz

If a group assault on Amoeba is to be undertaken, can I suggest maybe sometime the day of the 26th? Hopefully most of the denizens of the haight will still be sleeping off their Christmas cheer somewhere in the park, and the rest of SF are still off at mummy and daddy's on the Cape. Fun for all ages, and lots of food options nearby if we wanna get a bite afterward.

Can't help as to concert suggestions-I've been woefully out of touch, and there generally aren't many touring bands playing right before or after Xmas, so it's usually local acts. I do know Blackalicious is at the Fillmore on the 27th, but can't think of much else happening during your time frame.
Let's get right to it.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 18, 2006, 01:54:46 PM »
<snip>I haven't had a chance to scout for concerts of interest, and Urth, I agree with you that an Amoeba run will be more fun after Christmas. <snip>
Gaz

If a group assault on Amoeba is to be undertaken, can I suggest maybe sometime the day of the 26th? Hopefully most of the denizens of the haight will still be sleeping off their Christmas cheer somewhere in the park, and the rest of SF are still off at mummy and daddy's on the Cape. Fun for all ages, and lots of food options nearby if we wanna get a bite afterward.

Can't help as to concert suggestions-I've been woefully out of touch, and there generally aren't many touring bands playing right before or after Xmas, so it's usually local acts. I do know Blackalicious is at the Fillmore on the 27th, but can't think of much else happening during your time frame.

26th is good for me. No work that day. Amoeba would be great, we can pick up what Santa neglected to bring. I made an Amazon order for a gift for my bro and ordered the Radio Birdman CD as you had gushed about them. Should receive in the next few days.
Sharks bleed teal.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 18, 2006, 04:31:58 PM »
I made an Amazon order for a gift for my bro and ordered the Radio Birdman CD as you had gushed about them. Should receive in the next few days.

Good call!! Hope you dig it--that was one of my top shows of the year, no question. Kinda punkish energy, but with great guitar hooks.
Let's get right to it.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 20, 2006, 03:29:54 PM »
Gaz

26th is good for me. No work that day. Amoeba would be great, we can pick up what Santa neglected to bring. I made an Amazon order for a gift for my bro and ordered the Radio Birdman CD as you had gushed about them. Should receive in the next few days.

26th good for me too!  See Holiday thread . . .