Author Topic: The Next Club Get-Together  (Read 141697 times)

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: The Next Club Get-Together
« Reply #345 on: September 07, 2009, 06:37:03 AM »
It's been way too long since I've shopped the Fatted Calf stall at the Berkeley Farmer's market...

We'll shop the Fatted Calf tonite, so stick around..."

I can't nail the reference. And, what's more, I'm afraid you'll tell me it's Steely Dan.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #346 on: September 07, 2009, 08:49:21 AM »
It's been way too long since I've shopped the Fatted Calf stall at the Berkeley Farmer's market...

I can't nail the reference. And, what's more, I'm afraid you'll tell me it's Steely Dan.

I guess it's from here:
http://www.kissthisguy.com/1559misheard.htm
but I never heard it.
This song always makes me think of working in the Post Office at Rincon Annex in 73-74
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 07, 2009, 10:56:47 AM »

I guess it's from here:
but I never heard it.
This song always makes me think of working in the Post Office at Rincon Annex in 73-74

that "lysol" thing is one of the worst mondegreens EVAH.  A much better m-green in that song is "electric boobs" instead of "electric boots".
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 08, 2009, 03:59:23 AM »

I guess it's from here:
but I never heard it.

that "lysol" thing is one of the worst mondegreens EVAH.  A much better m-green in that song is "electric boobs" instead of "electric boots".

Agreed, it's a bad mondy. I find it very amusing that I NEVER knew the words to the verses of this song until I looked them up just now. I suppose I've always just mumbled along between "Hey kids" and "have you seen them yet".

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 25, 2009, 08:03:33 PM »
Hey Joe, I had occasion to chat on the phone with Kenny O. today & he'd just randomly bumped into Mr. Armstrong yesterday, so we're already thinking of another Schwabbie reunion.  Kenny says he knows how to get word to Linda Perez as well, who apparently got wind of our last get together and asked to be included.  He wasn't sure if the rest of us would care, and I said I'd be happy to see her & said I was pretty sure you would as well.

If I'm wrong about that somehow, then you need to call Kenny before any plans are made.

Afterwards I left a message with Double D, and told him to start planning ahead.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 25, 2009, 09:15:01 PM »
Hey Joe, I had occasion to chat on the phone with Kenny O. today & he'd just randomly bumped into Mr. Armstrong yesterday, so we're already thinking of another Schwabbie reunion.  Kenny says he knows how to get word to Linda Perez as well, who apparently got wind of our last get together and asked to be included.  He wasn't sure if the rest of us would care, and I said I'd be happy to see her & said I was pretty sure you would as well.

If I'm wrong about that somehow, then you need to call Kenny before any plans are made.

Afterwards I left a message with Double D, and told him to start planning ahead.

I would love to see Linda - I have fond memories of her TOSS messages - and of course the rest of the gang.  I still need to shoot Ken (and Stan, and DD, and Kurt, etc) a note to warn of my arrival.  I get in Friday the 16th at SFO at 6:50; since I'm not going to Santa Cruz, maybe a gathering that night could work?  (I wish I could get in earlier to do happy hour, but alas.)
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 06, 2009, 10:32:51 AM »
Wow, only 10 days til my arrival!

I'm slated to meet up with Mark and many of our fellow Schwab alumni next Friday night upon my arrival.  Beyond that, my schedule's pretty open.  I'm up for pretty much any restaurant, bar, Amoeba, or other social gathering as long as others can handle the logistics.  :ast year the Citrus Club seemed to work pretty well for mass lunch.

Any thoughts/plans?  PS: I will have some mix CDs and some gag gifts, probably to distribute as trivia prizes.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 06, 2009, 11:12:23 AM »

I'm slated to meet up with Mark and many of our fellow Schwab alumni next Friday night upon my arrival.  Beyond that, my schedule's pretty open.  I'm up for pretty much any restaurant, bar, Amoeba, or other social gathering as long as others can handle the logistics.  :ast year the Citrus Club seemed to work pretty well for mass lunch.

Any thoughts/plans?  PS: I will have some mix CDs and some gag gifts, probably to distribute as trivia prizes.
I remember offering to BBQ some meat POC was supposed to buy.  Are the both of you out here at same time?

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 06, 2009, 11:22:14 AM »

I would be up for some kind of get together, for sure.  I will be gone fishing, though, the 16th through the 20th, and have softball on the 22nd.  So that leaves the 21st (school night), 23rd, 24th, 25th? 
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 06, 2009, 11:24:15 AM »

I remember offering to BBQ some meat POC was supposed to buy.  Are the both of you out here at same time?

Ooh, if we do a bbq after my fishing trip, trout will def be on the menu. 

*hoping i just didn't jinx my luck*
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 06, 2009, 11:24:38 AM »
I get in Friday the 16th at SFO at 6:50; since I'm not going to Santa Cruz, maybe a gathering that night could work?  (I wish I could get in earlier to do happy hour, but alas.)

do you need Airport pickup? I'm happy to oblige if you do.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 06, 2009, 10:20:54 PM »
I have the day off Weds. Oct 21 and got the weekend 24/25 off. Sunday for the Bridge. Notes on my calendar show POC playing Hayward Wednesday 10/21 and SF Fri 10/23.
Meet for show in Hayward on Wednesday?
BBQ or lunch Sat 24th?
Sharks bleed teal.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 07, 2009, 10:09:20 AM »
I get in Friday the 16th at SFO at 6:50; since I'm not going to Santa Cruz, maybe a gathering that night could work?  (I wish I could get in earlier to do happy hour, but alas.)

do you need Airport pickup? I'm happy to oblige if you do.

Mark's already offered, but I thank you kindly!

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 07, 2009, 08:17:03 PM »
I have the day off Weds. Oct 21 and got the weekend 24/25 off. Sunday for the Bridge. Notes on my calendar show POC playing Hayward Wednesday 10/21 and SF Fri 10/23.
BBQ or lunch Sat 24th?

I'm down for Hayward. ;) And a BBQ on the 24th sounds good, too. We just need a venue. I'm still up for a Fatted Calf run.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 07, 2009, 09:10:28 PM »
BBQ or lunch Sat 24th?

I'm down for Hayward. ;) And a BBQ on the 24th sounds good, too. We just need a venue. I'm still up for a Fatted Calf run.
I live out by the Zoo.  If you want to BBQ here on the 24th, it's cleared.  If coming out to the Sunset hinterlands is too far out of the way, I understand.