Author Topic: Welcome to the 10@10 club  (Read 72380 times)

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Welcome to the 10@10 club
« on: September 21, 2005, 08:59:25 PM »
Just saw new person listed, Albalillorcas.
Welcome!
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 10:08:10 PM »
yay! Welcome to the Club!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 02:43:03 PM »
Just noticed that we have been joined by another new member: xjscott05. Welcome, whoever you may be!
Let's get right to it.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 03:01:12 PM »
as terri hatcher once sang, "wilkommen, bienvenue, welcome!"

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
xjscott05
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 05:58:26 PM »
Quote from: "urth"
Just noticed that we have been joined by another new member: xjscott05. Welcome, whoever you may be!

the website link seems like a real person.  Hard to tell these days with spambots around.  The last couple of 'new members' turned out that way!
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: xjscott05
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 09:43:35 AM »
Quote from: "ggould"
Quote from: "urth"

the website link seems like a real person.  Hard to tell these days with spambots around.  The last couple of 'new members' turned out that way!

My thoughts exactly.
Let's get right to it.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the 10@10 club
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 08:52:27 PM »
I'll let stripp introduce herself

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 10:23:42 AM »
Quote from: "ggould"
I'll let stripp introduce herself

You mean we've got a real, live new member who's not from a spambot? Wow! Welcome, stripp, whoever you are!
Let's get right to it.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 09:57:42 AM »
Welcome Stripp, who I see is logged in now.
Sharks bleed teal.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 10:43:15 AM »
we have a couple of new members, I hope they introduce themselves here!

John@10

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 08:12:26 PM »
I think someone else just joined....

I've been a huge fan of 10@10 since I moved to the Bay Area in '91. I tell people everywhere that it's the best hour of radio anywhere in America, which is not too bad given it's only 45 minutes long at best!

I'm glad to find a place where other fans are hanging out.

John in San Jose
"Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains. Think about that for a while."
--- Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2008, 10:45:03 PM »

I've been a huge fan of 10@10 since I moved to the Bay Area in '91. I tell people everywhere that it's the best hour of radio anywhere in America, which is not too bad given it's only 45 minutes long at best!

John in San Jose

Wilkommen!  Glad to find another fan.  Please don't be put off by the number of in-jokes; most of us have known each other for years.

So how's about we regulars (re-)introduce ourselves as well?  (Set it to the B-52s' "Song for a New Generation" if you must.)  My name's Joe, aka Gazoo, aka Gaz, aka Joe Mama, aka He Who Must Be Mi-Highty Real; and I'm the sole East Coaster here, having moved to NYC 5 years ago after spending the late '90s as an adopted San Franciscan.  I'm a copy editor and occasional writer and music critic.  And I squared the circle.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 09:36:44 AM »

John in San Jose

Wilkommen!  Glad to find another fan.  Please don't be put off by the number of in-jokes; most of us have known each other for years.

So how's about we regulars (re-)introduce ourselves as well?  (Set it to the B-52s' "Song for a New Generation" if you must.)  My name's Joe, aka Gazoo, aka Gaz, aka Joe Mama, aka He Who Must Be Mi-Highty Real; and I'm the sole East Coaster here, having moved to NYC 5 years ago after spending the late '90s as an adopted San Franciscan.  I'm a copy editor and occasional writer and music critic.  And I squared the circle.
Welcome! Glad you found us. I'm a native San Franciscan now located on the Peninsula. Was part of the Yahoo group and now feel quite attached to this little group. Very smart and friendly people. I am much less knowledgable about music trivia and take notes from the experts here. Music is however where I derive much enjoyment. Dave and the 10@10 sets are just the BEST. This group also "meets" for other regional 10@10's which begin at 7am PST and there are threads for those too. This is a great little group to chat music, current events, life events, sports, and so much more. I'm a baseball (Giants) and hockey (Sharks) fan. Enjoy football to a lesser extent, call myself a Niners fan but have pretty much lost faith.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 11:19:43 PM by Alicat »
Sharks bleed teal.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 09:20:42 PM »

John in San Jose

I think Joe's suggestion is a good one, particularly since it can be a little daunting for a new person to come into a group that's been well established for awhile, as this one has.*

I'm Jim, aka Urth, which is short for Urthwerm, which evolved from a cartoon/comic book called Earthworm Jim. I live here in SF, and have been listening to 10@10 regularly since moving hear almost 10 years ago. Like Joe, I am also a copy editor for a large Internet company, and am kind of a musical obsessive. Not an uncommon trait among our numbers.

*If you were wondering about the history of our little kaffeeklatsch, it was spawned out of the 10@10 Club Yahoo group that was sponsored by Yahoo and often mentioned on air by Dave (until the sponsorship money ran out). I believe most of us were at least occasional contributors to that group, which was much larger when we were getting PR from Dave.
Let's get right to it.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 10:27:27 AM »

My name is Mark, Mshray is a contraction of first initial + first syllable of surname that I was using for years before CWebb or ARod or anyone.  I used to work with Gaz 10-11 yrs ago, and he introduced me to the rest of the group shortly after it coallesced.  I left the City for the 'burbs after my kids started arriving & now live in Castro Valley, but I work in Silicon Valley which means a lengthy commute.  So I'm a fairly regular caller to the Morning Show during my drive time, most recently last week I told them a joke which they replayed.  I'm also known around here for maintaining a Db of all the 10@10 sets, which Urth has dubbed the Shraytabase.  Between him & me we have over a 100 sets ripped digitally & I can send copies to folks who ask.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010