Author Topic: Welcome to the 10@10 club  (Read 72557 times)

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the 10@10 club
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 11:32:35 AM »
Hey all, this is Dave, aka Wayback, a name I picked top of mind when signing up for this group, seems appropriate. 10at10 has been a real fave since moving here in Jan 1988.  I grew up in New Jersey, but my folks are originally from the Bay Area.  I've lived in Walnut Creek, Albany, Oakland, and since '97 in Pleasanton. I worked at the HQ's of a couple major consumer products companies, in marketing, but changed careers in 1990 to marketing consultant for non-profits.  And now for something completely different...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 10:34:14 PM by Wayback »

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008, 11:35:26 AM »

Wilkommen!  Glad to find another fan.  Please don't be put off by the number of in-jokes; most of us have known each other for years.

My name is Mark, Mshray is a contraction of first initial + first syllable of surname that I was using for years before CWebb or ARod or anyone.  I used to work with Gaz 10-11 yrs ago, and he introduced me to the rest of the group shortly after it coallesced.  I left the City for the 'burbs after my kids started arriving & now live in Castro Valley, but I work in Silicon Valley which means a lengthy commute.  So I'm a fairly regular caller to the Morning Show during my drive time, most recently last week I told them a joke which they replayed.  I'm also known around here for maintaining a Db of all the 10@10 sets, which Urth has dubbed the Shraytabase.  Between him & me we have over a 100 sets ripped digitally & I can send copies to folks who ask.
Do you have a list of your ripped sets?  I might like a couple on CD. Thanks!

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2008, 11:31:38 PM »
Hey all, this is Dave, aka Wayback, a name I picked top of mind when signing up for this group, seemed appropriate (the Wayback Machine). 10at10 has been a real fave since moving here 19 years ago. I grew up in New Jersey, but my folks are originally from here. I've lived in Walnut Creek, Albany, Oakland, and since 97 in Pleasanton. I worked for a couple major consumer products companies, but changed careers in 1990 to marketing consultant for non-profits.  Glad I stumbled onto the 10@10 Club.  And now for something completely different...

Okay, busy me, just getting around to this...

Welcome Wayback (and John@10 too)!

I'm Rod, and I'm a tenattenaholic.  *rimshot*

I'm a computer programmer for a small software company in downtown S.F. (claims software), mainly to support my golf habit.  Live in Alameda.  I've not quite the encyclopedic knowledge of music of most around here, but am damn passionate about what I do know.  One of the great things about this club (and 10@10) is that it broadens my appreciation of different genres of music, and ways of thinking in general.  That, and the people are intelligent and tolerant of others views. 

I don't get to post as much as I used to, with being busy as f@ck and also having bandwidth issues at work that caused monitoring of internet usage, but I'm almost always listening.

My favorite song is "I'm Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves.  Dave can't play that enough for my tastes.

And I hope Huckabee is our next president. 

Two of the above statements may not be true.   8)
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2009, 12:36:21 PM »
Hi everyone!

I moved to SF in Jan of 2008...and KFOG is the station I listen to the most. (I've been buying their Live from the Archives CDs online since volume 9.)  I discovered 10 at 10 in the evenings when I was listening to KFOG after school, when I heard a bunch of 80s songs in a row.  I noticed that they played 80s songs fairly often (But not every day) at 10 PM.  I have been obsessed with 80s music - people tell me they don't understand it as I was born in 1983, but there's something about it that just draws me in!  I gradually started paying attention to them saying "10 at 10" and figured the program was called 10 at 10.  I wondered if they played it in the morning too; I tuned into it one morning and sure enough, there it was.  Since then I've been listening religiously.

I am not a big fan of the 70s or 60s...I guess too far before my time...but I have found myself listening to some very interesting 70s sets more than once.  The 80s sets I find most interesting as there's many times when I hear a song I haven't heard in a really long time, or ever, and have found myself googling the lyrics to figure out what it is and then download the MP3.  At first I was excited to hear when a set was in the 90s but most of them, especially the ones 1994+ I have found a bit disappointing.  (Annalisa did do a killer 1999 though!)

Many of my friends comment how obsessed with 10 at 10 I am but they don't get it!  I thought I was the only one...then I couldn't believe it when I found this group.  When I saw the domain name '10 at 10 club.com' my eyes just about popped out of my head...  ;D

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2009, 12:51:50 PM »
Hi everyone!

I moved to SF in Jan of 2008...and KFOG is the station I listen to the most. (I've been buying their Live from the Archives CDs online since volume 9.)  I discovered 10 at 10 in the evenings when I was listening to KFOG after school, when I heard a bunch of 80s songs in a row.  I noticed that they played 80s songs fairly often (But not every day) at 10 PM.  I have been obsessed with 80s music - people tell me they don't understand it as I was born in 1983, but there's something about it that just draws me in!  I gradually started paying attention to them saying "10 at 10" and figured the program was called 10 at 10.  I wondered if they played it in the morning too; I tuned into it one morning and sure enough, there it was.  Since then I've been listening religiously.

I am not a big fan of the 70s or 60s...I guess too far before my time...but I have found myself listening to some very interesting 70s sets more than once.  The 80s sets I find most interesting as there's many times when I hear a song I haven't heard in a really long time, or ever, and have found myself googling the lyrics to figure out what it is and then download the MP3.  At first I was excited to hear when a set was in the 90s but most of them, especially the ones 1994+ I have found a bit disappointing.  (Annalisa did do a killer 1999 though!)

Many of my friends comment how obsessed with 10 at 10 I am but they don't get it!  I thought I was the only one...then I couldn't believe it when I found this group.  When I saw the domain name '10 at 10 club.com' my eyes just about popped out of my head...  ;D

Welcome to the club, Radical347!  It seems you like 10 at 10 for many of the same reasons we do, it can be a nice trip back in time.  Many of us are online in the morning during the week when Annalisa plays her 10 at 10 sets, but you'll also see occasional posts all throughout the day. 

have fun!

Tinka_Cat
~CPL593H~

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2009, 03:46:43 PM »
Welcome R347!

I'm probably the most 80's obsessed member here, so I will be interesting to see what you have to say the next time Annalisa takes us there.  I'm also the guy responsible for the Database of setlists (aka the Shraytabase), which you might find interesting.  You can get it from the link on the Main Discusion page in the Stream of Consciousness thread (and if you do, check out the set from 3/6/03).

Cheers!
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 04:37:50 PM »
Welcome R347!

I'm probably the most 80's obsessed member here, so I will be interesting to see what you have to say the next time Annalisa takes us there.  I'm also the guy responsible for the Database of setlists (aka the Shraytabase), which you might find interesting.  You can get it from the link on the Main Discusion page in the Stream of Consciousness thread (and if you do, check out the set from 3/6/03).

Cheers!

hey, that's my bday, too!   (but you knew that)

speaking of "hey,"  Colin Hay will be at the Independent Aug 1st, but it's really steep: $31

http://independentsf.com/august2009.htm
~CPL593H~

steve-o

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2009, 03:20:12 PM »
Hello All,
I just joined the board at the prodding of my good friend and frequent contributor (Tinka Cat) who got me into listening to 10@10 most every day a couple years ago. Long-time listener, first-time caller.

And I'm probably the second-most 80's obsessed member here :)

Cheers!

-- Steve

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2009, 03:32:42 PM »
Hello All,
I just joined the board at the prodding of my good friend and frequent contributor (Tinka Cat) who got me into listening to 10@10 most every day a couple years ago. Long-time listener, first-time caller.

Cheers!

-- Steve

welcome Steve-O!  We're snarky but harmless. Enjoy!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2009, 04:14:25 PM »
Hello All,

Cheers!

-- Steve

there goes the neighborhood!  :)

~CPL593H~

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2009, 08:50:48 PM »

Good on ya, mate!
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2009, 10:28:09 PM »
Hello All,

Cheers!

-- Steve

Salut!
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

steve-o

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2009, 06:03:37 PM »
Thanks All.

Snarky is good.

:)

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2009, 06:37:52 PM »
Hello All,

Cheers!

-- Steve
Welcome!
Sharks bleed teal.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2009, 01:19:13 PM »
Thanks All.

Snarky is good.

:)

Hey, belated greetings from one of the two Oregonians in our group, although I'm not sure if I'm allowed to make that claim yet--only moved here a year ago. If you're as snarky as Mr. T. Cat, all will be well. And Mshray needed some company defending 80s sets. ;)
Jim aka Urth
Let's get right to it.