Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1078715 times)

darryl

• The Core
  • half-baked
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #960 on: December 05, 2008, 10:27:18 AM »
wow, I had not heard that. Had she ever lived in SF? to discover someone on the internet from 3000 miles away and then travel that distance to stalk him makes it extra crazy/creepy.

"Her family is not helpful, possibly buying into her delusion that he is reading every e-mail and listening to every voicemail and playing each song just for her" -- I mean, What. The. F**K??

They played a couple of voicemails from her from just today or yesterday, I think.  Very sad sounding woman.  Unfortunately public airing of this story will probably just encourage her.

She's in violation of the restraining order with every e-mail and phone call, but in typical Dave fashion, he says the "excellent" Westchester Police Department has better things to do with their time than deal with this.  Still, you'd think they could cut off her Internet at least, maybe force her to get a 911-only phone line, etc.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: December 06, 2008, 12:08:04 AM »
Did you hear Dave talking about his stalker this morning?  Apparently 3-4 years ago, prompted by a friendly "Are you ok?" response to an e-mail, a woman in Westchester, Pennsylvania started mailing him about 1 mail per minute from 6am-11am daily.  Tens of thousands of messages.  Phone calls left at the station.  And she showed up at his house.  He has a restraining order against her.  And a canoe oar.  Her family is not helpful, possibly buying into her delusion that he is reading every e-mail and listening to every voicemail and playing each song just for her.

Creepy.  Lots of cranks called up with the "Play Misty for Me" reference to follow-up, along with a psychotherapist who confirmed the Morning Show's general consensus that she's in need of help.

Sorry if this was old news.  Certainly provides some additional insight into Dave's move.  He claims that it didn't drive him to retirement in Michigan, but it certainly was a factor.

wow, I had not heard that. Had she ever lived in SF? to discover someone on the internet from 3000 miles away and then travel that distance to stalk him makes it extra crazy/creepy.

"Her family is not helpful, possibly buying into her delusion that he is reading every e-mail and listening to every voicemail and playing each song just for her" -- I mean, What. The. F**K??

Yikes. No wonder Dave is a little reticent about coming out to have a drink with the likes of us. One of us could turn out to be the next crazy lady from Westchester, PA. (I don't think that's really the case, but I can't blame him if that's why he's a kinda gunshy.)

And now he's moving to some house in rural Michigan to live by himself by the shores of Lake Huron? Holy Kathy Bates, Batman.

(Sodden thought: you don't think she's one of the "silent" members of our little group here, do ya?)
Let's get right to it.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: December 09, 2008, 03:38:12 PM »

(Sodden thought: you don't think she's one of the "silent" members of our little group here, do ya?)

I'm guessing not, someone like that probably couldn't resist the urge to defend Dave whenever we diss him.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #963 on: December 09, 2008, 05:29:33 PM »

I'm guessing not, someone like that probably couldn't resist the urge to defend Dave whenever we diss him.
don't go dissin' my Dave!
 ;)
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: December 09, 2008, 05:45:15 PM »
Speaking of Dave, here's his latest blog entry, dated 12/9:
http://www.kfog.com/shows/airstaff/dave_morey_blog.asp#hallmark

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: December 09, 2008, 09:43:25 PM »
I can't believe he's really going!
 :'(

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: December 10, 2008, 09:11:24 AM »
They've been giving away Concert for Kids tix on the 9:00 Pop Quiz; you had a choice between answering a trivia question about either a past or present CFK artist.  Today's winner said "present" and got an easy Pretenders question (who besides Chrissie is the only orig member -- Martin Chambers). And then they asked him to answer a "past" question just for fun. Peter began asking a Bare Naked Ladies question and the Foghead interrupted with, "I couldn't tell ya --  who cares about them, anyway?"  Huge BNLs fan Peter was beside himself, and I was LMAO.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: December 10, 2008, 09:21:32 AM »

I can relate somewhat -- I couldn't WAIT to get out of NYC 17 years ago. And while I still don't miss the winter weather, I do have a nostalgic desire to live there again that I would not have expected.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
KFOG xmas?
« Reply #968 on: December 11, 2008, 09:29:46 AM »
is there a xmas music stream this year?

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG xmas?
« Reply #969 on: December 11, 2008, 09:42:28 AM »
is there a xmas music stream this year?

doesn't appear to be, but then I couldn't find a link to the "new music" channel on their website either. KBCO has a holiday channel, BTW.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: December 12, 2008, 09:54:30 AM »
That "See Fernando" song KFOG has been playing to death is by... Jenny Lewis? (she's NTM) For weeks I've been hearing it and assuming it was Lucinda Williams.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: December 12, 2008, 10:47:19 AM »
I don't often check out the other KFOG airstaff blogs, but Irish Greg posted this on his most recent:

« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 02:05:27 PM by ggould »
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: December 13, 2008, 12:35:42 AM »
That "See Fernando" song KFOG has been playing to death is by... Jenny Lewis? (she's NTM) For weeks I've been hearing it and assuming it was Lucinda Williams.

She's the leader of indie faves Rilo Kiley.  Two years ago she did a solo album with backing vocalists the Watson Twins, Rabbit Fur Coat, from which "You Are What You Love" was one of my year-end faves.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: December 15, 2008, 09:26:41 AM »
incredible as it seems, there are Fogheads who JUST THIS WEEK are finding out FOR THE FIRST TIME that Dave is leaving. And they're calling in to ask why/what/when. Astounding, really.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: December 15, 2008, 05:38:17 PM »
I was looking for the shameless self-promotion thread, but I suppose this fits here, too. KFOG (the one in San Jose :) has been playing my song "Blackberry", or so I'm told. If you'd like, you can contact:

KFFG-FM 97.7
San Jose
800-300-5364
kfog@kfog.com

and say:

I heard "Blackberry" by Amelia Ray on Fame Games. Please play it again!

And if you're feeling really adventurous, and would like to contact other radio stations that are playing the song, you can find the entire list here:

http://www.meermusic.com/content/general/faq.asp?ac=4&iid=105

Thanks a million,
Amelia