Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1095202 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #975 on: December 15, 2008, 10:07:12 PM »
I was looking for the shameless self-promotion thread, but I suppose this fits here, too. KFOG (the one in San Jose :) has been playing my song "Blackberry", or so I'm told. If you'd like, you can contact:

KFFG-FM 97.7
San Jose
800-300-5364
kfog@kfog.com

and say:

I heard "Blackberry" by Amelia Ray on Fame Games. Please play it again!

And if you're feeling really adventurous, and would like to contact other radio stations that are playing the song, you can find the entire list here:

http://www.meermusic.com/content/general/faq.asp?ac=4&iid=105

Thanks a million,
Amelia

Well, "the one in San Jose" is the same as the one in SF -- if they're playing your song it's news to me, but I'll keep my ears open!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: December 15, 2008, 10:22:07 PM »
KFOG just rolled out a new website layout. Hard getting used to something new or I'm just in a critical mood. Ticketswap very different, not sure better. Yup, I've got the crankypants on.
Sharks bleed teal.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: December 15, 2008, 10:55:33 PM »
KFOG just rolled out a new website layout. Hard getting used to something new or I'm just in a critical mood. Ticketswap very different, not sure better. Yup, I've got the crankypants on.

Yep, it was discussed a bit at the end of the thread for today's 83 set. It's messed up a few things--their link to the KFOG Football pool is busted (the one on our door works fine). And when you get to the Pool page, it's all messed up as I guess they changed some CSS or something and didn't tell the folks who are hosting the pool.

Btw, might be a good idea to tune in the Morning Show for the rest of this week. Teaser after tonight's replay said they've got a surprise guest scheduled that they wouldn't tell Dave the identity of. Then Wednesday Scoop Nisker is doing his annual solstice rap combined with a Dave farewell at 8:30 am. And Friday they've got His Gavinness coming in to proclaim Friday Dave Morey Day in SF.
Let's get right to it.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: December 16, 2008, 08:37:52 AM »
Not sure if he was the "surprise" or not, but Armistead Maupin was just on the morning show--absolutely hilarious.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: December 16, 2008, 08:38:45 AM »
Not sure if he was the "surprise" or not, but Armistead Maupin was just on the morning show--absolutely hilarious.

he must've been -- they said it was gonna be in the 8:00 hour.

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: December 16, 2008, 09:08:53 AM »

Your avatar is back. 

and there was much rejoicing - yay
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: December 16, 2008, 09:19:54 AM »

Dave made it clear that AM was the surprise guest.  And somewhere after the second commercial break AM was quite eloquent about how important it has been for people (straight & gay) to hear someone on the radio everyday, just doing his thing, who also happened to be gay.

I wholeheartedly agreed.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: December 16, 2008, 09:28:48 AM »
another "surprise guest": Raquel the continuity lady, who's been with KFOG longer than Dave. Tears are being shed, and he's playing her fave "Suavecito".

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: December 16, 2008, 09:33:29 AM »
Another change that came with the KFOG page redesign: they've got a new imbedded media player that launches a whole lot faster than the old one, and there doesn't appear to be any "instrumental breaks" between the ads. (Thank god--I was getting really tired of that same guitar piece they played ad nauseam.)
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: December 16, 2008, 09:39:18 AM »
Another change that came with the KFOG page redesign: they've got a new imbedded media player that launches a whole lot faster than the old one, and there doesn't appear to be any "instrumental breaks" between the ads. (Thank god--I was getting really tired of that same guitar piece they played ad nauseam.)

damn, it's actually nice -- and mercifully small; I hate those oversize players that take up half the screen. Kudos to the KFOG techies!

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: December 16, 2008, 09:44:07 AM »

damn, it's actually nice -- and mercifully small; I hate those oversize players that take up half the screen. Kudos to the KFOG techies!

Yep, excellent point. I just hope the stream is a bit more bullet-proof when it comes to large amounts of traffic. I'm dreading having extended buffering on Friday when Dave's final in-house set airs. The last couple of high-traffic sets (the Halloween set and also the one the day DM announced his retirement) both had buffering issues, which I suspect was due to a high number of users and their server just couldn't keep up.

ETA: One other thing about the player: it puts the title of the song in the title bar of the player's browser window--and it also does it with ads. A couple minutes ago, it said "Rolling Stones-Sympathy for the Devil" and just now it said "Sleep Train something or other about kids."
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 09:58:34 AM by urth »
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: December 16, 2008, 10:06:56 AM »
I was looking for the shameless self-promotion thread, but I suppose this fits here, too. KFOG (the one in San Jose :) has been playing my song "Blackberry", or so I'm told. If you'd like, you can contact:

KFFG-FM 97.7
San Jose
800-300-5364
kfog@kfog.com

and say:

I heard "Blackberry" by Amelia Ray on Fame Games. Please play it again!

And if you're feeling really adventurous, and would like to contact other radio stations that are playing the song, you can find the entire list here:

http://www.meermusic.com/content/general/faq.asp?ac=4&iid=105

Thanks a million,
Amelia

Well, "the one in San Jose" is the same as the one in SF -- if they're playing your song it's news to me, but I'll keep my ears open!

BTW, I see no mention of "Blackberry" on KFOG's New Releases page. But they are playing a cover of "Fat man in the Bathtub" by (gawd help us) Dave Matthews with Little Feat.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: December 16, 2008, 12:38:31 PM »
BTW, I see no mention of "Blackberry" on KFOG's New Releases page. But they are playing a cover of "Fat man in the Bathtub" by (gawd help us) Dave Matthews with Little Feat.

It's part of a show on ABC stations called Fame Games. They listed The SJ KFOG call letters (but not the SF ones) on their page that lists stations taking part.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: December 16, 2008, 12:53:48 PM »

It's part of a show on ABC stations called Fame Games. They listed The SJ KFOG call letters (but not the SF ones) on their page that lists stations taking part.

Hmmm. Seems weird that one of the KFOG frequencies would be an ABC affiliate but not the other. Still, if they say so....
Let's get right to it.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: December 16, 2008, 12:58:09 PM »

Hmmm. Seems weird that one of the KFOG frequencies would be an ABC affiliate but not the other. Still, if they say so....

I thought so, too. It seems legit enough, maybe they just don't do their homework.