Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1078621 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #945 on: November 20, 2008, 07:49:50 AM »
Top 15 songs for October (Spins / Artist / Song / Album):

77 Aimee Mann FREEWAY

This morning Dave asked the Request-O-Rama winner what he wanted to hear. The guy replied "Play that Aimee Mann 'Freeway' song -- you haven't played that in a while"  :o :o :o 

Seriously, who ARE these people??
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: November 20, 2008, 09:05:28 AM »

77 Aimee Mann FREEWAY

This morning Dave asked the Request-O-Rama winner what he wanted to hear. The guy replied "Play that Aimee Mann 'Freeway' song -- you haven't played that in a while"  :o :o :o 

I bet it they really couldn't get a true winner, so Benson the PD called from the other room, disguised his voice, and then told Dave to play it.  I'm surprised he didn't request "Jason Mraz -- you haven't played that in nearly six hours."

~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: November 20, 2008, 09:10:11 AM »

77 Aimee Mann FREEWAY

I bet it they really couldn't get a true winner, so Benson the PD called from the other room, disguised his voice, and then told Dave to play it.  I'm surprised he didn't request "Jason Mraz -- you haven't played that in nearly six hours."

LOL!  Actually, Benson's workload just doubled -- Cumulus fired The Bone's PD as a cost-cutting move and Benson's now overseeing both stations. Lucky him.  Hey, maybe he'll move Lamont & Tonelli to KFOG in January.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: November 20, 2008, 11:01:25 AM »

LOL!  Actually, Benson's workload just doubled -- Cumulus fired The Bone's PD as a cost-cutting move and Benson's now overseeing both stations. Lucky him.  Hey, maybe he'll move Lamont & Tonelli to KFOG in January.

Maybe that explains why Kelly Ransford filled in for Benson on the this morning's weekly new music bit at 8:30.  First time I'd heard her, but now it makes me want to check out her Sunday night show.  Big improvement of Benson - imho - who never seems less than 50% snarky, and usually more like 95%.  And unlike Tim Goodman, it doesn't seem to be an act.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: November 20, 2008, 11:04:48 AM »
Big improvement of Benson - imho - who never seems less than 50% snarky, and usually more like 95%.  And unlike Tim Goodman, it doesn't seem to be an act.

no wonder he likes Webster --  peas in a pod.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: November 24, 2008, 11:19:21 PM »
So does anyone here have an HD radio?   or have experience with the KFOG HD station that plays all 10 at 10 sets?   

~CPL593H~

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: November 25, 2008, 09:51:37 AM »
So does anyone here have an HD radio?   or have experience with the KFOG HD station that plays all 10 at 10 sets?   

Not me, but I was seriously going to ask for one for Christmas from my wife, until she got laid off that is.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: November 25, 2008, 10:02:24 AM »

Not me, but I was seriously going to ask for one for Christmas from my wife, until she got laid off that is.

nobody has one. Seriously, they can't GIVE 'em away on 7th Avenue (shmatta shmatta shmatta).  A major flop, slaes-wise.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: November 26, 2008, 09:05:24 AM »
today's pop quiz (for Oasis/Ryam Adams tix) involved a cover of Oasis' "Wonderwall" by... Ryan Adams. NTM.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: November 26, 2008, 09:06:58 AM »
today's pop quiz (for Oasis/Ryam Adams tix) involved a cover of Oasis' "Wonderwall" by... Ryan Adams. NTM.

I have it on a British covers comp titled "Inspired."  Only lives up to its name 1/3 of the time.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: November 26, 2008, 09:28:43 AM »
Did anyone hear Jonathan Richman on the morning show?   He sounded a bit .. eccentric!   :D 

anyway, I won tix to see hix Dec 7 GAMH show.  I was one of three callers who knew the name of his old band he used to be in with Jerry Harrison of the THeads.   easy-cheesey.
~CPL593H~

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: November 26, 2008, 09:36:47 AM »
Did anyone hear Jonathan Richman on the morning show?   He sounded a bit .. eccentric!   :D 

anyway, I won tix to see hix Dec 7 GAMH show.  I was one of three callers who knew the name of his old band he used to be in with Jerry Harrison of the THeads.   easy-cheesey.

I didn't hear it, but I can imagine. Jonathan's always been that way. Part of his charm. Anyway, enjoy the show--it should be loads of fun.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: December 05, 2008, 08:54:52 AM »
the KFOG "wine guy", Batholomew Broadbent (great name) visited the Morning Show to say goodbye to Dave and gave him a case of champagne, knowing how much Mr Morey loves him some bubbly.  A sweet moment.

darryl

• The Core
  • half-baked
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: December 05, 2008, 09:48:52 AM »
Did you hear Dave talking about his stalker this morning?  Apparently 3-4 years ago, prompted by a friendly "Are you ok?" response to an e-mail, a woman in Westchester, Pennsylvania started mailing him about 1 mail per minute from 6am-11am daily.  Tens of thousands of messages.  Phone calls left at the station.  And she showed up at his house.  He has a restraining order against her.  And a canoe oar.  Her family is not helpful, possibly buying into her delusion that he is reading every e-mail and listening to every voicemail and playing each song just for her.

Creepy.  Lots of cranks called up with the "Play Misty for Me" reference to follow-up, along with a psychotherapist who confirmed the Morning Show's general consensus that she's in need of help.

Sorry if this was old news.  Certainly provides some additional insight into Dave's move.  He claims that it didn't drive him to retirement in Michigan, but it certainly was a factor.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: December 05, 2008, 09:55:18 AM »
Did you hear Dave talking about his stalker this morning?  Apparently 3-4 years ago, prompted by a friendly "Are you ok?" response to an e-mail, a woman in Westchester, Pennsylvania started mailing him about 1 mail per minute from 6am-11am daily.  Tens of thousands of messages.  Phone calls left at the station.  And she showed up at his house.  He has a restraining order against her.  And a canoe oar.  Her family is not helpful, possibly buying into her delusion that he is reading every e-mail and listening to every voicemail and playing each song just for her.

Creepy.  Lots of cranks called up with the "Play Misty for Me" reference to follow-up, along with a psychotherapist who confirmed the Morning Show's general consensus that she's in need of help.

Sorry if this was old news.  Certainly provides some additional insight into Dave's move.  He claims that it didn't drive him to retirement in Michigan, but it certainly was a factor.

wow, I had not heard that. Had she ever lived in SF? to discover someone on the internet from 3000 miles away and then travel that distance to stalk him makes it extra crazy/creepy.

"Her family is not helpful, possibly buying into her delusion that he is reading every e-mail and listening to every voicemail and playing each song just for her" -- I mean, What. The. F**K??