Author Topic: The Concert Thread  (Read 443366 times)

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
The Concert Thread
« Reply #390 on: October 11, 2006, 10:44:00 AM »
Quote from: "Alicat"
Bridge in two weeks, Yay! Any of you going? Haven't heard yet who special guests are.

I noticed Death Cab was one.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
The Concert Thread
« Reply #391 on: October 11, 2006, 10:53:55 AM »
Quote from: "mshray"
Bridge in two weeks, Yay! Any of you going? Haven't heard yet who special guests are.

I noticed Death Cab was one.

they're on the main bill; I think Ali means unannounced "special guests"

Quote from: "Bridge School Website"
Neil Young
Pearl Jam
Dave Matthews Band
Brian Wilson
Foo Fighters
Trent Reznor
Death Cab for Cutie
Gillian Welch
Devendra Banhart
plus special guests!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
The Concert Thread
« Reply #392 on: October 16, 2006, 09:21:38 PM »
I now think the "special guests" are the kids who sit on the stage.
Sharks bleed teal.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
The Concert Thread
« Reply #393 on: October 16, 2006, 10:25:57 PM »
I now have two reserved Bridge tix to sell. Reply to me if you're interested.
Sharks bleed teal.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
The Concert Thread
« Reply #394 on: October 17, 2006, 10:00:10 AM »
KFOG's announce their "Concert for Kids" lineup this year--they're taking a decided indie-rock tack, with Death Cab for Cutie and Feist. Didn't catch the date, but it's being held at the Paramount. Tix on sale to the public 10/29, but supposedly there will be a Foghead presale.
Let's get right to it.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
The Concert Thread
« Reply #395 on: October 17, 2006, 10:56:48 AM »

What are the deets?  I might very well be interested.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
The Concert Thread
« Reply #396 on: October 17, 2006, 10:50:22 PM »
Quote from: "mshray"

What are the deets?  I might very well be interested.

Saturday 203V 4pm
Sunday 201 V 2pm

Face for each day (2 tix) is $181.50, you can have them cheaper or include something in partial trade in lieu of cash if need be.

I'll still be there both days as well. Up in the 200's on Saturday and got very lower level tix on Sunday.

Call me.
Sharks bleed teal.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
The Concert Thread
« Reply #397 on: October 22, 2006, 09:40:29 AM »
wooo hooo. Saturday Bridge was great. Neil opened with about 3 songs and closed with about 6, final sing along was keep on rockin in the free world. Show went from 4 till 1am. Most memorable song for me was Death Cab for Cutie giving props to Graham Nash and doing a exlnt rendition of Military Madness.

Eddie Vedder was wondeful. Everyone was really inspired with their guitar work and drum work was great. I'm not a huge DMB fan but he was good as well.

They crowd really supported Brian Wilson who sat center stage and sang almost every Beach Boys tune imaginable. (This was good after the darker melodies fron Trent Reznor.) Big audience participation and it was they first time most everyone got up and danced and sang. While the music was still on, it appreared that he stood up and kind of abruptly walked off stage. I forget what's up with him, a previous stroke?

I'm not running full speed yet but getting prepped to do it again today. Show at 2.
Sharks bleed teal.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
The Concert Thread
« Reply #398 on: October 23, 2006, 12:17:31 AM »
Another memorable Bridge show. Neil played a lot more during all the sets. David Grohl (Nirvana/Foo Fighters) was entertaining & funny.
I saw/heard Gillian Welch tonight after missing her perform yesterday. Very good voice. Her partner was playing a guitar/violin type instrument that was awesome. Email sent to you all (Don't have your addy Dave) to view photo book online. I'll try to get a movie file onto this site another day.

yay! wooo hoooo!
work tomorrow :roll:
Sharks bleed teal.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
The Concert Thread
« Reply #399 on: November 03, 2006, 12:30:20 PM »
Every other concert in my entire life pales in comparison. OMFG!!! Thats about all I can keep saying after Motley Crue and Aerosmith. OMFG!
Great concert karma placed me center in Row fu%~!ing A, AT the stage that goes up the center. (These were not my ticketed seats but everyone was so accommodating) Great people and in touching distance of Joe Perry. Shoutig distance for Vince and Tommy. Was able to stroke Joe's leg, jeans and shoe. OK. Mock me but it was sooooo damn good. Photos are phenomenal. Some are poster worthy. I'll get on ofofo this weekend. As I walked out to the parking lot, two girls recognized me from being on the "big screen." I neveer saw myself but it felt good to be recognized.

This was the first concert ever where I was so close and so excited as Aerosmith came on, that I cried. Now I "get it" when I see the fainting and crying Beatles fans. I was like Fred Sanford, clutching my heart for the big one.
Sharks bleed teal.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
The Concert Thread
« Reply #400 on: November 03, 2006, 02:56:49 PM »
Every other concert in my entire life pales in comparison. OMFG!!! Thats about all I can keep saying after Motley Crue and Aerosmith. OMFG!
Great concert karma placed me center in Row fu%~!ing A, AT the stage that goes up the center. (These were not my ticketed seats but everyone was so accommodating) Great people and in touching distance of Joe Perry. Shoutig distance for Vince and Tommy. Was able to stroke Joe's leg, jeans and shoe. OK. Mock me but it was sooooo damn good. Photos are phenomenal. Some are poster worthy. I'll get on ofofo this weekend. As I walked out to the parking lot, two girls recognized me from being on the "big screen." I neveer saw myself but it felt good to be recognized.

This was the first concert ever where I was so close and so excited as Aerosmith came on, that I cried. Now I "get it" when I see the fainting and crying Beatles fans. I was like Fred Sanford, clutching my heart for the big one.

ha! fred sanford. i can see why! joe's still sexy. joey is still cute (can't say the same for vince neil). good lord! the abs on those men! i love the confused look on the guys face as people are groping for tyler's butt.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
The Concert Thread
« Reply #401 on: November 07, 2006, 07:55:42 PM »
Posted this in another thread and figured may as well post here. I didn't get to the Stones last night but here's their set list:

Rolling Stones 11/6/06: 8:45 p.m. – 10:40 p.m.
Jumping Jack Flash
It's Only Rock'n Roll
Let's Spend The Night Together
She Was Hot
Dead Flowers
Streets Of Love
Bitch
Midnight Rambler
Tumbling Dice
--- Introductions
You Got The Silver (Keith)
Connection (Keith)
Under My Thumb (to B-stage)
Just My Imagination
Start Me Up
Honky Tonk Women (to main stage)
Sympathy For The Devil
Paint It Black
Brown Sugar
Satisfaction (encore)

OMFG! Check this out from their show at the Beacon last week:
http://www.iorr.org/tour05/beacon2.htm
Sharks bleed teal.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
The Concert Thread
« Reply #402 on: November 08, 2006, 02:28:29 AM »
OMFG! Check this out from their show at the Beacon last week:
http://www.iorr.org/tour05/beacon2.htm

i found a very short clip of aguilera singing with mick on youtube, but it wasn't long enough to gauge much.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
The Concert Thread
« Reply #403 on: November 10, 2006, 11:45:04 PM »

Sharks bleed teal.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
The Concert Thread
« Reply #404 on: November 11, 2006, 10:59:10 AM »
PHENOMENAL pics!!!
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”