Author Topic: The Next Club Get-Together  (Read 142249 times)

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: The Next Club Get-Together
« Reply #375 on: October 24, 2009, 12:18:12 AM »
Wow, remarkable turnout--looks like Alicat was the only Bay Arean to miss out. Wish I coulda been there, hopefully next time!
Let's get right to it.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 24, 2009, 10:52:17 PM »
Wow, remarkable turnout--looks like Alicat was the only Bay Arean to miss out. Wish I coulda been there, hopefully next time!

dang. make me feel bad!  :(
Sharks bleed teal.

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 25, 2009, 10:38:59 AM »
Fun get-together y'all, sorry that Jim, Ali, others couldn't make it.  Nice dinner spot Mike, fun tunes from POC and thanks for the pics and audio, Geoff!  Terrific to finally meet many of you.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #378 on: October 25, 2009, 01:48:59 PM »
Fun get-together y'all, sorry that Jim, Ali, others couldn't make it.  Nice dinner spot Mike, fun tunes from POC and thanks for the pics and audio, Geoff!  Terrific to finally meet many of you.
Was Rod out of town?
 :(
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 25, 2009, 08:14:56 PM »
Was Rod out of town?

Gone fishing, if I recall an earlier post correctly.  But it was indeed a swell evening -- nice to finally meet Wayback and always a joy to see Gaz and the princess. Hope they're both back in town soon.  But why are my eyes closed in that pic?  ::)
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 25, 2009, 09:58:39 PM »
Was Rod out of town?

Gone fishing, if I recall an earlier post correctly.  But it was indeed a swell evening -- nice to finally meet Wayback and always a joy to see Gaz and the princess. Hope they're both back in town soon.  But why are my eyes closed in that pic?  ::)
well, the other crowd shot has your eyes somewhat open.  I liked the one I featured just because it was a little cheesier on most people's part!

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 25, 2009, 10:22:01 PM »

Sorry, Ali, no ill will intended. Besides, I think I mistook Wayback for Rod somehow, so you weren't the only one.
Let's get right to it.

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 26, 2009, 09:39:56 AM »

Sorry, Ali, no ill will intended. Besides, I think I mistook Wayback for Rod somehow, so you weren't the only one.

Well, damn.  I was back from fishing, but work piled up some more while I was gone, and I just didn't have it in me to deal with the logistics of a late night in SF after three 12 hr days at the computer.  Looks like a great time. 

And yeah, I can see the resemblance with Wayback -- poor guy.   ;)
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 26, 2009, 12:13:12 PM »

yes, that was a good time.  It was great to hang w Mike and catch up on Monty Python's Life of Brian while we waited for Gaz and Shray to show.  And Mark, so sorry about the car!  The dinner was really nice, and I learned about Stinky Tofu and we got to see Shray speak Chinese to an impressed waiter.  I trust they weren't talking smack about us...!  ;)

POC is fierce onstage -- and off! She can shread that Takamine guitar and sings her butt off.  wow! 

I was happy to meet Glenn finally.  He's taller in person!
~CPL593H~

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 26, 2009, 05:12:57 PM »

yes, that was a good time.  It was great to hang w Mike and catch up on Monty Python's Life of Brian while we waited for Gaz and Shray to show.  And Mark, so sorry about the car!  The dinner was really nice, and I learned about Stinky Tofu and we got to see Shray speak Chinese to an impressed waiter.  I trust they weren't talking smack about us...!  ;)

POC is fierce onstage -- and off! She can shread that Takamine guitar and sings her butt off.  wow! 

Glenn?
 ;)

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 26, 2009, 08:59:34 PM »

Glenn?
 ;)

uh... yeah, The Ghost of Glenn Gould was there, too.   You didn't see him? 

heh-heh, sorry Geoff!
~CPL593H~

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 27, 2009, 08:36:28 AM »

Glenn?
 ;)

uh... yeah, The Ghost of Glenn Gould was there, too.   You didn't see him? 

heh-heh, sorry Geoff!
My guitar line is branded G. Gould, and when I was in Canada, everyone wanted to know if it stood for Glenn Gould!

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 27, 2009, 02:43:04 PM »
Fun get-together y'all, sorry that Jim, Ali, others couldn't make it.  Nice dinner spot Mike, fun tunes from POC and thanks for the pics and audio, Geoff!  Terrific to finally meet many of you.
yes, that was a good time.  It was great to hang w Mike and catch up on Monty Python's Life of Brian while we waited for Gaz and Shray to show.  And Mark, so sorry about the car!  The dinner was really nice, and I learned about Stinky Tofu and we got to see Shray speak Chinese to an impressed waiter.  I trust they weren't talking smack about us...!  ;)
POC is fierce onstage -- and off! She can shread that Takamine guitar and sings her butt off.  wow!  
I was happy to meet Glenn finally.  He's taller in person!
Glenn?  ;)
uh... yeah, The Ghost of Glenn Gould was there, too.   You didn't see him?  
heh-heh, sorry Geoff!
My guitar line is branded G. Gould, and when I was in Canada, everyone wanted to know if it stood for Glenn Gould!
Or, G. Gould is actually Graham Gouldman of 10cc, writer of many 60's hits for Yardbirds, Hollies, etc!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVArC_klWEI
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 09:34:41 PM by Wayback »

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 27, 2009, 06:58:04 PM »
Fun get-together y'all, sorry that Jim, Ali, others couldn't make it.  Nice dinner spot Mike, fun tunes from POC and thanks for the pics and audio, Geoff!  Terrific to finally meet many of you.
yes, that was a good time.  It was great to hang w Mike and catch up on Monty Python's Life of Brian while we waited for Gaz and Shray to show.  And Mark, so sorry about the car!  The dinner was really nice, and I learned about Stinky Tofu and we got to see Shray speak Chinese to an impressed waiter.  I trust they weren't talking smack about us...!  ;)
POC is fierce onstage -- and off! She can shread that Takamine guitar and sings her butt off.  wow!  
I was happy to meet Glenn finally.  He's taller in person!
Glenn?  ;)
uh... yeah, The Ghost of Glenn Gould was there, too.   You didn't see him?  
heh-heh, sorry Geoff!
Or, G. Gould is actually Graham Gouldman of 10cc and writer of many 60's hits for Yardbirds, Hollies, etc?!

Quote from: YouTube
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by a third party.

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 27, 2009, 09:31:39 PM »
Or, G. Gould is actually Graham Gouldman of 10cc, writer of many 60's hits for Yardbirds, Hollies, etc!

quote author=YouTube This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by a third party.
Try this one: a 4-min Dreadlock Holiday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5j47--4HYk