Author Topic: The Next Club Get-Together  (Read 140024 times)

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
The Next Club Get-Together
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2005, 09:39:54 AM »
Quote from: "mshray"

I would be happy to host again, either Saturday 3/26 or Sunday 3/27.  My feeling is if it is Sunday it should start a little earlier maybe.  Also, I am getting a new BBQ grill today, a gift from my wife's cousin.  We're gonna inaugurate it tomorrow with her side of the family.

wherever, whenever - those days work for me.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2005, 09:44:35 AM »
moving this over from a different topic this morning...
Quote from: "urth"

regarding the next gathering, I was planning to bring that up today when/if we see Urth & DaveMack in the forum.

Actually that was on my mind too--was a date ever settled on? I kinda got the impression the 4/2 suggestion was scotched. I think the weekend before that would work tho.

I would be happy to host again, either Saturday 3/26 or Sunday 3/27.  My feeling is if it is Sunday it should start a little earlier maybe.  Also, I am getting a new BBQ grill today, a gift from my wife's cousin.  We're gonna inaugurate it tomorrow with her side of the family.

Mr Mark if you host either 3/26 or 3/27 you will be my new hero!  Aside from the fact that poc has to get up early the day after April Fools, I recall that Fri nite totally sucks, parking-wise, in my 'hood; by the time folks get there poc will be ready to leave. And I may be working Saturday mornings for a few weeks myself. So thanks, bub!  I'll bring dessert.  And since you're hosting you don't have to keep my comedy-records theme if ya don't want to. :wink:
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2005, 09:52:37 AM »
Sunday the 27th works best for me. I'm doing production work for Electric Candyland & there's a show on Saturday night.
nakes? On my plane?

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2005, 09:58:18 AM »
Quote from: "Beej"
Sunday the 27th works best for me. I'm doing production work for Electric Candyland & there's a show on Saturday night.

Sunday works for me, tho' I should point out that it's Easter Sunday.  Let's color eggs!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2005, 10:05:08 AM »
tho' I should point out that it's Easter Sunday. Let's color eggs!

Oh, crap. Well, that means the Sunday-day I'll be at Weir Manor or one of my sibling's estates.

Sunday night? I'll be free. I guess if youse guys get together Sat (3/26) night I can just show up late.
nakes? On my plane?

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2005, 10:06:27 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"

Sunday works for me, tho' I should point out that it's Easter Sunday.  Let's color eggs!

yeah! egg-coloring! it's been years...i'll bring some electric. blue. Candyland paint.

easter, huh? i can start using the elevator at work again! if i so desired...someone was stuck in it last week. plus, the stairs get me one step closer to tina turner legs.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2005, 10:13:28 AM »
tho' I should point out that it's Easter Sunday. Let's color eggs!

Oh, crap. Well, that means the Sunday-day I'll be at Weir Manor or one of my sibling's estates.

Sunday night? I'll be free. I guess if youse guys get together Sat (3/26) night I can just show up late.

When/where will you be on Easter & when can you drag your ass over to Castro Valley?

Since I have a pretty big backyard & there would be some kids around I already thought of an Easter egg hunt.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2005, 10:15:25 AM »
When/where will you be on Easter & when can you drag your ass over to Castro Valley?

Well, if it's Weir Manor? Fremont. If it's my sister Or brother's place? Pleasanton.

Since I'll be BARTing it, I can get to the Castro Valley BART station from either place. But, when? Not sure yet. I'll have to check in with Ma & Sis.
nakes? On my plane?

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2005, 10:17:16 AM »

Well, if it's Weir Manor? Fremont. If it's my sister Or brother's place? Pleasanton.

Since I'll be BARTing it, I can get to the Castro Valley BART station from either place. But, when? Not sure yet. I'll have to check in with Ma & Sis.

Well that's not so bad.  We can certainly retrieve you from the BART station.

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Davefish

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2005, 10:20:57 AM »

Well that's not so bad.  We can certainly retrieve you from the BART station.

Oh, yeah.  Easter.  That would probably make a bad day for me.  Saturday more promising.  I'll contact the master scheduler...
"Play the tape machine, make the toast and tea"

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2005, 10:30:26 AM »
Saturday would be better than a work night. We could color eggs Saturday. I'm willing to play hooky from 6pm Saturday bowling league for this. (Didn't do it for 40 years of Beej, sorry dude) No idea what our Easter plans are, usually big egg hunt meal type thing at MILs.

As enticement to Beej, I can bring you Sir Mix a Lot on my flash key or whatever the USB thing is called.
Sharks bleed teal.

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2005, 10:35:55 AM »
As enticement to Beej, I can bring you Sir Mix a Lot on my flash key or whatever the USB thing is called

I've already got a "Baby Got Back" mp3. But, thanks!

But, if you have "Ride" (I think that's what it's called)? That would kick ass.

Anyway, it's not a matter of having to be enticed as it is I have to run lights & tech for a stage show. I don't reaqlly have much choice in the matter!
nakes? On my plane?

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2005, 10:51:20 AM »

Anyway, it's not a matter of having to be enticed as it is I have to run lights & tech for a stage show. I don't really have much choice in the matter!

When do you have to be at the venue for your show?  If we started in the afternoon could you make an appearance?

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2005, 11:02:12 AM »
When do you have to be at the venue for your show? If we started in the afternoon could you make an appearance?

With all the train-travel & stuff? I'd rather not stress about getting back in time, etc. I'm hesitant to give you a 'Yes' right now. I'd have to say "Maybe, but probably not'.

I may have to miss this gathering. But, maybe I could call-in to say "Hi"!
nakes? On my plane?

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2005, 08:22:21 AM »
Sorry everybody, but my wife reminded me that we are committed to a family thing for Easter weekend.  So I guess it's back to the drawing board.

POC, when do you get back to town?  Can we shoot for late April or early May?

--Carlos Santana, 2010