Author Topic: The Job Thread  (Read 78326 times)

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
Re: The Job Thread
« Reply #210 on: November 22, 2011, 02:06:23 PM »
 :) ;) ;D

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 22, 2011, 08:48:57 PM »
:) ;) ;D
Congratulaaaaaytions!
Are you feelin' good from your head to your shoes?
Slipping into something
And out of something else

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #212 on: November 22, 2011, 09:10:53 PM »
The bad part is that I probably won't be able to post as much here during work.  My boss right now is making my life hell for leaving, BTW.   

Obla di obla da!  Welcome to your new life!
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 22, 2011, 11:21:32 PM »
Going to an interview at Samovar in 1/2 hour.  This is on the down-low...my boss would *die* if she knew.  Heh.   ;)

P.S. This isn't for a job at Samovar.  :)

*whispers* good luck!
Thanks, TC!  The interview went OK (I think), but the food and tea at Samovar kicked-ass!  Holy smokes.
Hope things go your way.  Been at my job for almost 2 years now and still deliriously happy. Went through hellish awfulness prior to this gig so I am still grateful for my good fortune.

Has it been that long already, Alicat? Wow, time flies...

Good luck, SG!
Thanks guys...I got that job!  Good and bad - the good is that they're paying for my health insurance and it's closer to home.  The bad part is that I probably won't be able to post as much here during work.  My boss right now is making my life hell for leaving, BTW.   

Well done, SG! Wish someone would pay my health insurance! Oh and a pox on your soon-to-be-ex boss. I don't know what people think they have to gain by acting like a schmuck. I suppose there's no way you can walk early and leave them hanging, and he/she knows that. 

How long 'til your last day?
Let's get right to it.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 23, 2011, 12:03:09 AM »
My boss right now is making my life hell for leaving, BTW.   

what a great boss </sarcasm>.  There might be many reasons that caused you to leave your current job, but having a boss that would seemingly extract some revenge b/c you gave notice might just illustrate one of those reasons: That person just doesn't seem *nice* and who wants to work for that?

~CPL593H~

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 23, 2011, 09:45:03 PM »
Going to an interview at Samovar in 1/2 hour.  This is on the down-low...my boss would *die* if she knew.  Heh.   ;)

*whispers* good luck!
Thanks, TC!  The interview went OK (I think), but the food and tea at Samovar kicked-ass!  Holy smokes.
Hope things go your way.  Been at my job for almost 2 years now and still deliriously happy. Went through hellish awfulness prior to this gig so I am still grateful for my good fortune.

Good luck, SG!
Thanks guys...I got that job!  Good and bad - the good is that they're paying for my health insurance and it's closer to home.  The bad part is that I probably won't be able to post as much here during work.  My boss right now is making my life hell for leaving, BTW.   

Way to go! :)

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 18, 2011, 07:10:53 PM »

*whispers* good luck!

Good luck, SG!

My 25 year old co-worker didn't know who Debbie Harry was.   ::) :-\ :'(

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 18, 2011, 09:30:23 PM »

*whispers* good luck!

Good luck, SG!

My 23 year old classmate doesn't know who Paula Abdul is

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 18, 2011, 09:33:50 PM »

*whispers* good luck!

Good luck, SG!

And I once knew a girl my age named Ruby who was unfamiliar with the song "Ruby Tuesday".

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 18, 2011, 10:36:37 PM »

*whispers* good luck!

Good luck, SG!

And I once knew a girl my age named Ruby who was unfamiliar with the song "Ruby Tuesday".

I had a 20-year-old kid working for me a year or so ago who had never heard of R.E.M. But he knew who Metallica was.
Let's get right to it.