Author Topic: The Job Thread  (Read 78320 times)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: The Job Thread
« Reply #195 on: January 23, 2010, 12:51:16 AM »
A - I hope you took the leap.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 23, 2010, 08:40:48 AM »
A - I hope you took the leap.
about to. sharing deets on private cow-orker thread
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 24, 2010, 09:51:44 AM »
Geoff -- hearing/reading the stories about SF teacher layoffs and sending good thoughts your way. Hope you are spared the ax!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #198 on: February 24, 2010, 12:48:50 PM »
Geoff -- hearing/reading the stories about SF teacher layoffs and sending good thoughts your way. Hope you are spared the ax!
different axe here in Daly City.  I guess I'll know part of the story by 3/15.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 15, 2011, 10:33:09 AM »
Hey gang, I start a new job tomorrow with training at the Embassy Suites at SFO for 3 days.   A bit different from what I've done before, but seems interesting & looks like I'll learn a lot of useful stuff.  Working for a company that does consulting services for small & medium businesses.

Also my next door neighbor Carol is starting a new job this week after being out of work almost 2 years (she got laid off by Merrill Lynch following the financial crisis).  She's the one I mentioned before who's a liberal Iowa emigre, but whose father told her that we'd have a black president over his dead body.  He passed away very shortly after Iowa approved gay marriage.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 10:47:14 AM by mshray »
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 11, 2011, 12:39:37 PM »
Going to an interview at Samovar in 1/2 hour.  This is on the down-low...my boss would *die* if she knew.  Heh.   ;)

P.S. This isn't for a job at Samovar.  :)

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 11, 2011, 12:51:43 PM »
Going to an interview at Samovar in 1/2 hour.  This is on the down-low...my boss would *die* if she knew.  Heh.   ;)

*whispers* good luck!
~CPL593H~

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 11, 2011, 03:02:01 PM »

*whispers* good luck!
Thanks, TC!  The interview went OK (I think), but the food and tea at Samovar kicked-ass!  Holy smokes.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 11, 2011, 05:45:42 PM »

*whispers* good luck!
Thanks, TC!  The interview went OK (I think), but the food and tea at Samovar kicked-ass!  Holy smokes.

Nice. Hope you were able to relax enough to enjoy the vittles. And hope you get the gig.

I think the only place I've ever been taken for a job interview (outside of an office) is Starbuck's.
Let's get right to it.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 18, 2011, 10:20:16 AM »

*whispers* good luck!
Hope things go your way.  Been at my job for almost 2 years now and still deliriously happy. Went through hellish awfulness prior to this gig so I am still grateful for my good fortune.
Sharks bleed teal.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 18, 2011, 10:47:35 AM »
Going to an interview at Samovar in 1/2 hour.  This is on the down-low...my boss would *die* if she knew.  Heh.   ;)

*whispers* good luck!
Hope things go your way.  Been at my job for almost 2 years now and still deliriously happy. Went through hellish awfulness prior to this gig so I am still grateful for my good fortune.

Has it been that long already, Alicat? Wow, time flies...

Good luck, SG!

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 22, 2011, 01:16:09 PM »
Going to an interview at Samovar in 1/2 hour.  This is on the down-low...my boss would *die* if she knew.  Heh.   ;)

*whispers* good luck!

Good luck, SG!
Thanks guys...I got that job!  Good and bad - the good is that they're paying for my health insurance and it's closer to home.  The bad part is that I probably won't be able to post as much here during work.  My boss right now is making my life hell for leaving, BTW.   

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 22, 2011, 01:18:51 PM »

*whispers* good luck!

Good luck, SG!
Thanks guys...I got that job!  Good and bad - the good is that they're paying for my health insurance and it's closer to home.  The bad part is that I probably won't be able to post as much here during work.  My boss right now is making my life hell for leaving, BTW.   

Congrats, baby!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 22, 2011, 01:28:23 PM »

*whispers* good luck!

Good luck, SG!

Congratulations!

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 22, 2011, 01:30:40 PM »
Congratulations!

*high five*
~CPL593H~