Author Topic: CG/KPOO/KCDX etcetcetc for the week of 11/12/07  (Read 8056 times)

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
CG/KPOO/KCDX etcetcetc for the week of 11/12/07
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2007, 01:19:38 PM »
Hoo Lawd! Greg ends my 5-1/2 hours of OT by playing Millie Jackson's fantabulous "Hurts So Good".
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2007, 10:40:58 PM »
Catching up with what I missed of Casey's Kountdown this AM: Peter Brown's amazing "Do You Wanna Get Funky With Me", which I haven't heard in many years.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2007, 04:27:15 PM »
Mike, you asked on another thread whether Barry Scott's Lost 45s was being pre-empted now that WODS in Boston has gone all-Christmas for its oldies.  Answer is: Barry's doing all Christmas songs tonight (and presumably for the next few weeks?).  Some interesting oddities, but I don't know if I can take this much Christmas.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2007, 07:18:06 PM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
Mike, you asked on another thread whether Barry Scott's Lost 45s was being pre-empted now that WODS in Boston has gone all-Christmas for its oldies.  Answer is: Barry's doing all Christmas songs tonight (and presumably for the next few weeks?).  Some interesting oddities, but I don't know if I can take this much Christmas.

Damn, I wish I'd known -- I have a CD of a "Lost 45s" Xmas show from the early '90s that's a delight.  But how many Xmas oddities can he play for the next 4 Sundays? Moonlion's disco "Drummer Boy" is great... once a year. But not 4 weeks in a row.

BTW is your new quote from Space Jam, one of the worst movies of the '90s?

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2007, 08:35:08 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"

No, it's from a FOAF's blog, one of the most intricately esoteric pieces of rumination I've yet seen on the Web.  I found the culture collision wonderful.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2007, 09:50:41 PM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
Quote from: "RGMike"

No, it's from a FOAF's blog, one of the most intricately esoteric pieces of rumination I've yet seen on the Web.  I found the culture collision wonderful.

But it IS a Space Jam reference, no? (Bill Murray and Bugs Bunny are both in that film.)

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2007, 09:53:20 PM »
This show ain't for everybody... only the hungry people...

Little Steven's opening set for his Thanksgiving show included Little Eva's "Let's Turkey Trot", Rufus Thomas' "Funky Chicken", The Beatles "Your Bird Can Sing" and --OMG! -- The Time, "The Bird".