Author Topic: KFOG A-to-Z 2012  (Read 24991 times)

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Re: KFOG A-to-Z 2012
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 07:18:31 PM »
Right now, Clapton's "Bad Love," which we don't hear enough on 10 @ 10.  One of the great later era Clapton records.  The guitar solos are sweet.
I was afraid some of our Clapton-haters would be making a dissimilar comment when I heard that this afternoon!
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 07:23:51 PM »
on the way home, a perfect illustration of the revisionist history of this regime's A-Z: Baker St followed by Social Distortion.  SD was never played on KFOG, and for good reason.  But now, it's part of the darling playlist.  I know some really like them, but the plodding chainsaw guitars and whiny vocals just give me a headache.  But then again, I'm the demographic that's being encouraged to leave.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 07:57:27 PM »
on the way home, a perfect illustration of the revisionist history of this regime's A-Z: Baker St followed by Social Distortion.  SD was never played on KFOG, and for good reason.  But now, it's part of the darling playlist.  I know some really like them, but the plodding chainsaw guitars and whiny vocals just give me a headache.  But then again, I'm the demographic that's being encouraged to leave.
I don't think I'm their demo.
Sharks bleed teal.

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2012, 09:10:48 PM »
I know AL's played Social Distortion a few times on 10@10 pre-DC.

But, uh oh:

AFROMAN - Because I Got High 14.5.2012 6:52pm
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 09:46:50 PM by radical347 »

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2012, 09:45:19 AM »
It's definitely beeen a mixed bag, but so far I'm digging it at least as much for the non-repeatign aspect as anything else. 

This might have been the deepest dive so far:  Annalisa played "Aquamarine" by Santana, which I've never even heard before & she said she'd never aired before.  Good tune though.

Today at the top of the 9:00 hour they played a couple of "Breakdown"s, Petty & Jack Johnson, and then went to commercial.  I called & GG picked up & I asked if he could play one more Breakdown, namely Alan Parsons Project.  He said he would try to find it before the commercials ended, and I felt like he really meant it, even though the next song out of the break was "Breakfast In America".  Oh Well...

But at least I took some consolation in thinking we'd be spared the Deep Blue Something, but NOOOOOO, they played that next, even though it was out of order (Breakfast At... should certainly preceed Breakfast In..., No?).  And so it goes...
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2012, 09:49:26 AM »

Geoff, I've always meant to ask you this:  What if any of the punk genre do you actively enjoy?  I like Social D fairly well, but I lurves me some Clash & Ramones & X.  Just curious.  London Calling made the top 10 in RS's recent Greatest 500 Albums special edition.

--Carlos Santana, 2010

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2012, 09:51:28 AM »
And now here's a twin spin that makes it all worthwhile:  "Brian Wilson" by BNL into "Brick" by Ben Folds Five.  Not only the songs, but also the artist are B's!

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2012, 09:55:59 AM »
I know AL's played Social Distortion a few times on 10@10 pre-DC.

But, uh oh:

AFROMAN - Because I Got High 14.5.2012 6:52pm

If there was anything good about 9/11, it was that it interuppted this song's chart rise.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2012, 01:28:28 PM »
Tuned in the A-Z this morning for the first time, and the first song to start after I did was...Brown Eyed Girl!!! Possibly the Most LN Song in all of AAA radio. I did not stick around to hear the end.
Let's get right to it.

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2012, 01:46:03 PM »
Tuned in the A-Z this morning for the first time, and the first song to start after I did was...Brown Eyed Girl!!! Possibly the Most LN Song in all of AAA radio. I did not stick around to hear the end.

I had better first-song-this-morning luck, with Break It Down Again.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2012, 01:46:37 PM »
So busy, forgot to tune in. Candy-O on now. Always good for me.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2012, 02:05:47 PM »

Sure you didn't punch up Oldies 103.7 by mistake? Per my post in the local radio thread, I'm somewhat baffled by their ratings surge. They actually beat Kiss-FM this month, and there's just no comparison to my ears, not just musically but in overall sound. Kiss kicks ass.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2012, 02:39:07 PM »
Missed it, but I was thrilled to see at 7:42 AM they played "Delta Rain" by the Blessing.  I've requested it many times on 10@10, to no avail.  I hope they also play "Highway 5".

Also nice to see Zero 7 "Destiny" at 8:06 AM.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2012, 09:12:05 AM »
Seems more Dead being played than in years past.  Like.
Sharks bleed teal.

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2012, 10:14:33 AM »
When's the last time you heard Elton's "Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding" on Kfog?  It's okay by me, but a bit disengenuous.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing