Author Topic: KFOG A-to-Z 2012  (Read 24958 times)

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG A-to-Z 2012
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2012, 10:19:45 AM »
Seems more Dead being played than in years past.  Like.

I've noticed that too.  I think one of DC's theories is that the local angle works for his format.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2012, 10:53:54 AM »
Seems more Dead being played than in years past.  Like.

yes, heavy on the Dead and Bruce Springsteen.   

.... they BETTER play Tom Sawyer at least!   

~CPL593H~

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2012, 04:39:10 PM »
Yay for Elvis & his Green Shirt!
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2012, 11:12:50 PM »
Dred introduced our next H song, "Henry" from Keb' Mo'...and then played a horrendous live version of "Only Wanna Be With You" by Hootie & the Blowfish.  Whoops.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2012, 09:44:58 AM »

Dred introduced our next H song, "Henry" from Keb' Mo'...and then played a horrendous live version of "Only Wanna Be With You" by Hootie & the Blowfish.  Whoops.

I heard that too.  At first I thought it was a parody that was going to turn into something else, presumably called "Henry".
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Davefish

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2012, 10:07:08 AM »
It may be my imagination, but today it feels like the playlist is skewing more towards KFOG's new style with more Killers, Fray, Foster the People. It's a secret plot to make you think it's still good. I've had to switch it off numerous times...
"Play the tape machine, make the toast and tea"

Davefish

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2012, 10:51:39 AM »
It may be my imagination, but today it feels like the playlist is skewing more towards KFOG's new style with more Killers, Fray, Foster the People. It's a secret plot to make you think it's still good. I've had to switch it off numerous times...
Now Train. Ugh.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2012, 10:59:15 AM »
Now Train. Ugh.

I think it's just a function of where songs fall Alphabetically. One hour seems "modern", the next sounds '60s-centric.  This morning, I heard "Hey Joe" and "Hey Jude" back-to-back -- and luckily I missed the "Hey Mama"/"Hey Soul Sister"/"Hey There Delilah" trifecta. But there's been (overall) a surprising number of "old KFOG" songs in the mix and I still can't decide if it's an attempt to broaden the base again or if it's "the last farewell" before a drastic switch.  Like, maybe The Bone is gonna become KNBR-FM and therefore KFOG needs to play more "classics" again. 
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2012, 08:39:44 PM »
When's the last time you heard Elton's "Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding" on Kfog?  It's okay by me, but a bit disengenuous.

I can't say I've heard it on KFOG before.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2012, 09:35:01 PM »
I think it's kind of evil!  They are playing wonderful music, true classics, and they exist alongside all this other drek 'in the library.'  So, by association, the new music is just as good as the old music.  You know, the old music is just nostalgia for old farts, Foster the People is supposed to represent future classics.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2012, 10:31:26 PM »
I think it's kind of evil!  They are playing wonderful music, true classics, and they exist alongside all this other drek 'in the library.'  So, by association, the new music is just as good as the old music.  You know, the old music is just nostalgia for old farts, Foster the People is supposed to represent future classics.

KFOG: We play The New .. and we also play The Good. 
~CPL593H~

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2012, 07:00:40 AM »
I don't want it to end!  I hope they bring this back again next year without having to fire people.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2012, 09:12:22 AM »
Turned it on just in time for the "Jesus" songs. Will we get BOTH "Jesus is Just Alright"s?  I much prefer the Byrds to the Doobs.

Sadly: Doobs only. On to "Jet"
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2012, 11:04:08 AM »
I much prefer the Byrds to the Doobs.

Sadly: Doobs only. On to "Jet"
agreed on both points!

:D ;) :)
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Davefish

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2012, 10:32:37 AM »
Didja see this from DC on the KFOG front page?

A message from Dennis for Fogheads:

One of the most difficult things in life is dealing with change. We get into our comfortable patterns. Challenging those patterns and finding new ways of doing things is scary, but it can be invigorating and even exciting.

After much consideration, I have made the very difficult decision that it’s time to introduce a brand new morning show on KFOG. It’s a show we’re calling KFOG In The Morning, and it will debut right after Memorial Day.

The Morning After will feature a fresh cast of characters that will immediately put you in a great mood, starting your day with information that’s relevant to you and, of course playing great music to give a positive start to your day. We hope that you will enjoy the new KFOG In The Morning with Tony, Greg and Melanie.

Unfortunately, this will mean that Webster and Irish Greg are leaving the station. We sincerely appreciate their years of service at KFOG and the sacrifices in they have made to get up early every morning to entertain Fogheads. They have been and will remain friends of everyone here.

Thank you for your support of KFOG and we sincerely hope you will find KFOG In The Morning with Tony, Greg and Melanie an enlightening and inspiring experience.

Dennis Constantine
KFOG Program Director

So is the "The Morning After" or ain't it? Anybody know who Tony and Melanie might be?