Author Topic: The Rant & Vent about the Right Wing thread  (Read 227385 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
The Rant & Vent about the Right Wing thread
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2005, 08:33:46 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
Quote from: "RGMike"
Pat Robertson sez: assassinate the prez (of Venezuela, that is):

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2005/08/22/national/a200632D93.DTL

You mean a conservative Christian isn't valuing A Culture Of Life over all?

That he still has a national pulpit after all he's said over these recent years is nothing short of dispiriting and dismaying, and I have to hold Christians accountable for keeping him visible.  The more reasonable Christian community needs to rise up and say, "Pat, you have got to go now.  WE ARE NOT WITH YOU."

I can't wait to see what Jon Stewart does with this story!  The "culture of life" thing is whatever they want it to be; when it is proven conclusively that being gay is genetic and can be predicted before birth, abortion will become "pre-partum ascension" or somesuch.

BOS2 Hollies! "On a Carousel".  Somebody covered this in the late '70s/early '80s but I can't remember who...
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2005, 01:07:06 PM »
someone sent me this today. it's more than a little frightening. the video download is legit - i mean, it's not a corrupted file, or anything. whether the fbi is tracking who downloads it, i know not. if you don't want to download the video (which is frightening in the "dr. strangelove" meets "the manchurian candidate" sort of way), check the written first person accounts. i only wonder what the military has in store for burning man next week.

> I've not seen this in the mainstream press, so thought you should  
> know of the attack on US citizens in Utah the other night.  Maybe to  
> pave the way for Bush's visit?
>
> Video:
>
> http://homepage.mac.com/apexgrin/FileSharing2.html
>
> First person accounts:
>
> http://utrave.org/showthread.php?t=20020&page=1&pp=10

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2005, 12:10:39 PM »
This could have gone in a number of threads,  but since I ranted about the right in the CG thread earlier, I thought this would work as well here as anywhere:

ETA: Ah, crap. Guess I have a little HTML studying up to do. Well, go here:

http://www.uclick.com/client/wpc/db/

God save the Rascals.
Let's get right to it.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2005, 09:03:38 AM »
Friends,

I got back from Montreal last night.  Had an absolutely incredible time but I can't bring myself to talk about it now that I'm learning of all the horrific Katrina fallout.  While on my press junket I had no internet access and didn't bother reading newspapers for several days.  Imagine finding out about 9/11 on 9/15.  People, I am speechless, beyond saddened, not sure at all where to begin in responding.  Except to say that Kanye West was absolutely right in his unscripted rant on the telethon thing.

I am so, so sorry, America.  Should I even call us united states anymore?
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2005, 10:01:48 AM »
Friends,

I got back from Montreal last night.  Had an absolutely incredible time but I can't bring myself to talk about it now that I'm learning of all the horrific Katrina fallout.  While on my press junket I had no internet access and didn't bother reading newspapers for several days.  Imagine finding out about 9/11 on 9/15.  People, I am speechless, beyond saddened, not sure at all where to begin in responding.  Except to say that Kanye West was absolutely right in his unscripted rant on the telethon thing.

I'm in the same position.  Got back late last night & while in Huatulco had only heard that it was a bad hurricane and 'maybe over 100 dead'.  Not even close to what I'm finding out about now.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
being informed
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2005, 11:44:00 AM »
Quote from: "mshray"
Friends,

I'm in the same position.  Got back late last night & while in Huatulco had only heard that it was a bad hurricane and 'maybe over 100 dead'.  Not even close to what I'm finding out about now.

Sounds like you use the same news service of George W Bush!  {just kidding!} It's freakin' awesome to hear all this spin about how they had no idea how bad it was.  I heard on the news before the hurricane hit that if the levees break, the whole city was underwater.  But then again, I don't watch Fox News!
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: being informed
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2005, 07:28:23 PM »
Quote from: "ggould"
Friends,

Sounds like you use the same news service of George W Bush!  {just kidding!} It's freakin' awesome to hear all this spin about how they had no idea how bad it was.  I heard on the news before the hurricane hit that if the levees break, the whole city was underwater.  But then again, I don't watch Fox News!

Are you aware of the Rush Limbaugh/Sean Hannity story? Seems they were both pooh-pooh-ing the dire predictions in the day or two before the storm hit. It was "the liberal media trying to stir things up and cause panic" (Gee, FAUX, er, FOX News would never do that!).
I shudder to think of anyone who perished by not evacuating because Rush said there was nothing to worry about. No wonder he and Hannity are teaming up for a hurricane relief benefit.  Lawsuit, anybody?

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2005, 10:43:06 PM »
Quote from: "ggould"
Friends,

Are you aware of the Rush Limbaugh/Sean Hannity story? Seems they were both pooh-pooh-ing the dire predictions in the day or two before the storm hit. It was "the liberal media trying to stir things up and cause panic" (Gee, FAUX, er, FOX News would never do that!).
I shudder to think of anyone who perished by not evacuating because Rush said there was nothing to worry about. No wonder he and Hannity are teaming up for a hurricane relief benefit.  Lawsuit, anybody?

As if things couldn't be worse, that's one thing I *hadn't* heard yet.

The sorrow is unspeakable right now.  I can't function on any level right now.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2005, 10:51:13 PM »

Important P.S.: Anyone who did not heed the evacuation warnings, whether out of choice or out of necessity, does not deserve the sanctimony that has come their way from all too many pundits.  IT DOES NOT MATTER why they stayed: AMERICA FAILED THEM, AND CONTINUES TO FAIL THEM.  A national lie comes home, proving once and for all that America is indeed essentially a caste system.  We've avoid the discussion of class for far too long, that discussion being inextricably intertwined with race in America, but now we shall have it, like it or not.

And it is very, very hard to return to writing about music and gay sports in the midst of the dissolution of the national lie.  I am honestly having trouble bearing up, people.  "God" has forsaken those who believed in God most fervently.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Out of touch
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2005, 09:28:52 AM »
The Sr. Mrs. Bush said yesterday that since the majority of Katrina evacuees now in Texas were underemployed to begin with, they weren't faring too badly now. Here exact words sounded worse.

Geez! Bush PR people are working hard to spin this one.
Sharks bleed teal.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: Out of touch
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2005, 09:34:27 AM »
Quote from: "Alicat"
The Sr. Mrs. Bush said yesterday that since the majority of Katrina evacuees now in Texas were underemployed to begin with, they weren't faring too badly now. Here exact words sounded worse.

Yeah, Babs's line was something like, "Since they were already underprivileged, this is working out pretty well for them."  I so wish I could have slugged her in the face.  The Great American Lie comes home to roost.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2005, 09:51:16 AM »

Yeah, Babs's line was something like, "Since they were already underprivileged, this is working out pretty well for them."  I so wish I could have slugged her in the face.  The Great American Lie comes home to roost.

Perhaps explains a bit about how GW ended up as such an a**hole.

The a**hole doesn't fall far from the tree?
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2005, 09:55:08 AM »
Quote from: "urth"

Perhaps explains a bit about how GW ended up as such an a**hole.

The a**hole doesn't fall far from the tree?

the applehole? :wink:

Beneath her grandmotherly facade, Mrs Bush is pure patrician. Facades sure do crumble during hurricanes & floods...

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2005, 02:36:23 PM »
Poor Scott McClellan... between Rove, his boss, and his boss' mother, his head may just explode:

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2005/09/07/national/w130512D09.DTL

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2005, 02:51:40 PM »
I nominate McClellan for first in line at the seppuku queue.

Right after I finish pummeling Barbara Bush, that fucking half-wit hag.