1 (12.5%)
Be Creeped Out
1 (12.5%)
huh?
2 (25%)
Hey, Its Hollywood baby
4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Funny Stuff on the Internet  (Read 308149 times)

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Re: Dancing Matt video
« Reply #480 on: July 19, 2006, 12:13:37 PM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
Quote from: "RGMike"
Quote from: "ggould"
http://www.wherethehellismatt.com/

and just WHOthehellismatt?

Matt is a 29-year-old deadbeat from Connecticut who used to think that all he ever wanted to do in life was make and play videogames. He achieved this goal pretty early and enjoyed it for a while, but eventually realized there might be other stuff he was missing out on. In February of 2003, he quit his job in Brisbane, Australia and used the money he'd saved to wander around the planet until it ran out. He made this site so he could keep his family and friends updated about where he is.

A few months into his trip, a travel buddy gave Matt the idea of dancing everywhere he went and recording it on his camera. This turned out to be a very good idea. Now Matt is quasi-famous as "That guy who dances on the internet. No, not that guy. The other one. No, not him either. I'll send you the link. It's funny."

The response to the first video brought Matt to the attention of the nice people at Stride long-lasting gum. They asked Matt if he'd be interested in taking another trip around the world to make a new video. Matt asked if they'd be paying for it. They said yes. Matt thought this sounded like another very good idea.

At the start of 2006, Matt left on a 6 month trip through 39 countries on all 7 continents. In that time, he danced a great deal.

Matt dances very badly, but most people don't seem to mind.

Matt is not independently wealthy. Matt also doesn't have some magical secret for traveling cheaply. He does it pretty much the same way everybody else does.

Matt thinks Americans need to travel abroad more.

Matt was a very poor student and never went to college. When he got older, he was pleased to discover that no one actually cares. Matt doesn't want to imply that college is bad or anything. He's just saying is all. There's other ways to fill your head.

Matt currently lives in Seattle, Washington, where he still works in videogames from time to time as a writer and designer. Matt recognizes that this is not the worst job in the world, but he prefers traveling.

Matt is left-handed.

When Matt was younger, he could hang seven spoons on his face at once. Sadly, puberty made Matt's face less conducive to spoon-hanging.

Matt has a little piece of extra cartilage sticking out on the rim of one ear and a little hole in the same place on the other ear. Matt has no idea why this is the case.

Matt is very good with figures and wishes people asked him to multiply things more often.

Matt has never lost a staring contest.

http://www.wherethehellismatt.com/about.html

That's pretty cool.  I don't think the dancing is all that funny, or that Matt deserves a full 15 minutes of fame.  But you have to admire a guy who found a way to travel the world on someone else's dime.  I want to be like Matt...
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #481 on: July 19, 2006, 12:18:02 PM »
Quote from: "Rod"
That's pretty cool.  I don't think the dancing is all that funny, or that Matt deserves a full 15 minutes of fame.  But you have to admire a guy who found a way to travel the world on someone else's dime.  I want to be like Matt...

Yeah, I wasn't sure if this was a funny or not funny internet link, but I like the global viewpoint.  That company really sent him to the far corners of this Earth.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 19, 2006, 08:36:14 PM »

Matt is very good with figures and wishes people asked him to multiply things more often.

Mark is also very good with figures and wishes people asked him to multiply things more often, but whenever Mark said this no one seemed to think it was funny.  Now Mark's 6-year-old son is following in his footsteps.  If you come to his house you will probably hear him say, "hey, ask me a math question."
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 19, 2006, 09:06:29 PM »
Quote from: "mshray"
Mark is also very good with figures and wishes people asked him to multiply things more often, but whenever Mark said this no one seemed to think it was funny.  Now Mark's 6-year-old son is following in his footsteps.  If you come to his house you will probably hear him say, "hey, ask me a math question."

Heh, that was me when I was a sapling.  Get the kid a seventh-grade-level math textbook!
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Funny Stuff on the Internet
« Reply #484 on: July 24, 2006, 08:17:11 AM »

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 24, 2006, 08:20:15 AM »
Quote from: "princessofcairo"
bush pilot

that explains everything!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 24, 2006, 08:35:26 AM »
Quote from: "princessofcairo"
bush pilot

that explains everything!

right down to the touching of the chancellor!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 28, 2006, 10:19:09 AM »
Assmussen again:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2006/07/28/DDASMUSSENBR.DTL

Brilliant as usual!

Officials deemed Lance Bass' gayness "more aspirational than operational".
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 28, 2006, 10:37:31 AM »
Assmussen again:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2006/07/28/DDASMUSSENBR.DTL

Brilliant as usual!

d'ya think they called him Gay-ass Bass in High school?

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 28, 2006, 01:50:44 PM »
Assmussen again:

Brilliant as usual!

d'ya think they called him Gay-ass Bass in High school?

I thought all teen pop-tarts went to Schools For the Arts rather than normal high schools.

PS: As one ILM wag opined: "One down, four to go."
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 28, 2006, 04:05:24 PM »
Bee Gees Stayin Alive on You Tube. Not synchronized very well. Funny. Sounds good though.
Sharks bleed teal.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 01, 2006, 09:36:34 PM »
The song's a year old now, but I've only now seen the video for Willie Nelson's "Cowboys Are Frequently Secretly Fond of Each Other":

http://www.secretcowboys.com/

It's to their credit that they didn't try to make it a full-on parody of anything.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 02, 2006, 02:57:09 AM »
The song's a year old now, but I've only now seen the video for Willie Nelson's "Cowboys Are Frequently Secretly Fond of Each Other":

http://www.secretcowboys.com/

It's to their credit that they didn't try to make it a full-on parody of anything.

jury's still out.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile