Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1078772 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2005, 09:44:56 AM »
Quote from: "urth"
Quote from: "RGMike"
Fogheads are stupid, part XXXVIII: Dave's "mini-My 3 Songs" for DMB tix -- three songs about fathers, it could not BE easier, folks -- is having trouble getting people to call in, much less give the right answer.  Who ARE these people who call themselves Fogheads?

Perhaps that speaks as much to the intellect of DMB fans as it does to that of Fogheads. I'm just sayin....

ROTFLMAO!

they're all "under the table and dreaming"...
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2005, 07:32:29 AM »
Another dumb Foghead: they were playing "and (Fill in the Blank)", as in "Bennie and the (Jets)" and the clue was  "Martha Reeves and the ______". and the Foghead had NO idea...

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2005, 07:49:53 AM »
Another dumb Foghead: they were playing "and (Fill in the Blank)", as in "Bennie and the (Jets)" and the clue was  "Martha Reeves and the ______". and the Foghead had NO idea...

OMG, I heard that (and would have posted about that if I'd been at my computer) too!

insomniacal Gaz, here for a limited time this week as he leaves for New England Wednesday morning
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2005, 09:15:36 AM »
Maybe we need a separate "Dumb Fogheads" thread...

I realize this guy on the Pop Quiz is (by far) not the only person who thinks Fogerty's "Centerfield" is called "Put Me in Coach", but still...

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2005, 07:41:00 AM »
Worst. Dumb. Fogheads. EVAH!

Earlier they did "The Ben Quiz" (for Ben Harper tix).

1st question: "This famous Ben has dated 2 famous Jennifers."

Foghead: no clue.

(Annalisa is so stunned that she accidentally gives away the answer!)

2nd Question: "Name Michael Jackson's famous ode to a rat."

2nd Foghead: no clue.

Annalisa: "What's the NAME of this quiz?"

2nd Foghead: "Uh... the Ben Quiz"

Annalisa: "So, then, what's the answer?"

2nd Foghead: " Uh.... uh..."

I was reminded of the time a dozen or so years ago when KDIA had a ton of WB20 merchandise to give away (because Jim Gabbert owned both stations) and was asking trivia questions and nobody was winning. So they kept making the questions easier and easier. One time they asked "What day does Channel 20 show 'The Saturday Afternoon Movie'?" and one guy called and guessed "Tuesday"!

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2005, 08:24:46 AM »
Worst. Dumb. Fogheads. EVAH!

Earlier they did "The Ben Quiz" (for Ben Harper tix).

1st question: "This famous Ben has dated 2 famous Jennifers."

Foghead: no clue.

(Annalisa is so stunned that she accidentally gives away the answer!)

2nd Question: "Name Michael Jackson's famous ode to a rat."

2nd Foghead: no clue.

Annalisa: "What's the NAME of this quiz?"

2nd Foghead: "Uh... the Ben Quiz"

Annalisa: "So, then, what's the answer?"

2nd Foghead: " Uh.... uh..."

I was reminded of the time a dozen or so years ago when KDIA had a ton of WB20 merchandise to give away (because Jim Gabbert owned both stations) and was asking trivia questions and nobody was winning. So they kept making the questions easier and easier. One time they asked "What day does Channel 20 show 'The Saturday Afternoon Movie'?" and one guy called and guessed "Tuesday"!

I kind of admire the guy who doesn't know who Ben Affleck is...

Uh, Willard?
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
How many songs about summer can you name?
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2005, 09:47:27 AM »
Apparently the folks at the Giants promotional dept get all their cues from listening to KFOG. Last night after the game, there was a fireworks display celebrating the first day of summer. Of the 8 or so snippets of songs that were used as backing for the display, two of them were part of yesterday's 10@10 summer set (Hot Fun in the Summertime & In the Summertime), one was by the same artist as a 10@10 artist (Beach Boys, Fun Fun Fun rather than Help Me Rhonda), two were part of yesterday afternoon's My Three Songs (Big Brother's take on Summertime, Henley's Boys of Summer), and one was Walking on Sunshine. (The other two were Journey's Lights (which we'd already heard in the second inning) and Stravinsky's Firebird Suite.

At least the fireworks were pretty cool (much better than the Opening Night display they had a couple of months ago).
Let's get right to it.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2005, 10:04:12 AM »
Quote from: "Rod"

I kind of admire the guy who doesn't know who Ben Affleck is...

Anyone ever been to the Pike Place Market in Seattle?  (I know Gaz has).

It's one of the biggest attractions in town, and it has both outdoor stalls & permanent shops inside the building.  One of which is The Bead Store, which has been there for at least 20 years.  The Bead Store has a sign hanging out in front, perpendicular to the storefront, such that if you were rather tall you could hit your head on it as you walk by.  The lettering on the sign is the type that I would associate with a sign for the circus.

Many, many people misread the sign and go into the shop looking for bread, not beads.  I was there just last month with some Taiwanese co-workers (including at least one cow orker) & I brought them in.  We asked the proprietor if this still happens a lot because I noticed their other sign was missing.  He said yes, it happens all the time, and that the other sign didn't help much so they got rid of it.  At this point my co-workers (& probably you as well) were wondering about the other sign, so I told them the following story:

Because so many people kept asking for bread instead of beads, below their nice Bead Store sign they put up a hand-lettered sign that read, "Beads for Wearing, NOT Bread for Eating".  Which didn't help much.  One day the local TV equivalent of the Late Show did a segment there.  They kept asking people to read the top sign, and they had literally 3 dozen people on tape reading the sign as "The Bread Store".  They even had a couple, including the most stereotypical ditsy blonde that you'd swear she came straight from central casting, read both signs:

TV guy (points to painted sign):  "Excuse me miss, could you tell me what this says?"

Blonde: "The Bread Store"

TV guy (points to hand-lettered sign):  "And this one?"

Blonde: "Beads for Wearing, NOT Bread for Eating"

TV guy (points to painted sign again):  "And this one, once more?"

Blonde: "The Bread Store"

TV guy (painfully maintaining a straight face):  "Thank You"

maybe you had to be there, but this was one of the funniest things I ever saw on TV, and I took it as a real lesson in human nature.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Pike Place
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2005, 12:37:05 PM »
Quote from: "mshray"
Anyone ever been to the Pike Place Market in Seattle?  (I know Gaz has).

I don't remember the Bead Store, but I did go once, it was fun.  I was up there just before the Hendrix museum opened.  A husband of an old high school friend was an elevator contractor there (the museum, not Pike Place), and got me a hard hat, and I pretended to be a contractor, and got a short tour!  Someday I'll have to go back and see the real thing.

My main memory of Pike's Place is the famous fish market where they throw these big fish around.  Lots of cool shops and such.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2005, 08:44:57 AM »
New Releases Thurs, PD Dave Benson is there with the new Melissa Etheridge -- she has a GH set with a couple new tunes on it, and one is a cover of Petty's "Refugee". Kinda nice.  Apparently her cover of "Piece of My Heart" is on it too (with or without Joss Stone).

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2005, 09:17:52 AM »
Pop Quiz: "Mascots of the Majors". Now some of these were actually kinda hard (even I wouldn't've gotten Baxter the Bobcat), but the woman didn't know that Stomper was the Oakland mascot without a major clue ("what city is East of us?").  "oh god, I'll sound so lame", she lamented, and Dave said "Don't worry, we'll fix ya".  

No... she sounded lame.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Stomper
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2005, 09:27:54 AM »
Pop Quiz: "Mascots of the Majors". Now some of these were actually kinda hard (even I wouldn't've gotten Baxter the Bobcat), but the woman didn't know that Stomper was the Oakland mascot without a major clue ("what city is East of us?").  "oh god, I'll sound so lame", she lamented, and Dave said "Don't worry, we'll fix ya".  

No... she sounded lame.

In a vacuum, the name "Stomper" rang no bells for me.  Now knowing he's the A's mascot, and an Elephant, I get it, but that's after the fact.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: Stomper
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2005, 09:36:25 AM »
Quote from: "ggould"

No... she sounded lame.

In a vacuum, the name "Stomper" rang no bells for me.  Now knowing he's the A's mascot, and an Elephant, I get it, but that's after the fact.

They really should've said "Stomper the Elephant".   I wonder if she'd've gotten "Mr. Met"?  :wink:

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Re: Stomper
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2005, 11:00:49 AM »
Quote from: "ggould"

No... she sounded lame.

They really should've said "Stomper the Elephant".   I wonder if she'd've gotten "Mr. Met"?  :wink:

I didn't know either, til just now.  Haven't been to an A's game in forever.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
To blog or not to blog
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2005, 04:15:39 PM »
Just discovered that KFOG is now archiving their DJs personal pages in a blog-type format.

Here's Dave's (as you can imagine, they're still getting it down--one of his entries is in there twice.)

http://www.kfog.com/blog/blog/Main.asp?id=35&Entry=127
Let's get right to it.