Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1094692 times)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2005, 04:40:46 PM »
That's very cool -- thanks for posting.

Also noticed this job opp while at the KFOG site.  I'm underqualified but maybe some of you aren't:

Web/Promotions Coordinator
KFOG 104.5\97.7
(Susquehanna Radio Corp.)
San Francisco, California

KFOG is seeking a Website Content Coordinator for KFOG.com. The position will be in charge of creation, editing, placement, and maintenance of content, images, and media on the site under the direction of KFOG Marketing, Promotions, and Programming.

Help coordinate, with KFOG Marketing, Promotions, Programming, and Sales, contests, promotions, and advertising on the KFOG.com site. Coordinates all in-house production of website. The primary responsibility is to manage the website, with a secondary focus on promotion department responsibilities.

EXPERIENCE/SKILLS:
• Must be savvy in current web trends and computer literate
• Proficient in Windows
• Familiar with all internet applications
• Working knowledge in all areas of internet capabilities, uploading, downloading, graphics, audio, Dreamweaver, HTML, Flash, Online Media Software (Windows Media Player Video and Audio, Real Audio, Quicktime), Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
• Good communication skills
• Excellent writing skills are a requirement
• Have the ability to multi-task
• BA or BS Degree or equivalent experience in web/radio industry
• Website and radio or promotion experience preferred
• Knowledge of San Francisco/San Jose market
• Some evenings and weekends required
• Valid CA driver’s license.

Send resumes to:
fogjob@kfog.com
OR
Jude Heller at KFOG Radio
55 Hawthorne St., #1000
San Francisco, CA 94105

No phone calls, please.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2005, 09:02:18 AM »
the prize on the Pop Quiz is Stevie Nicks tix -- appropriately, since last nite's South Park was the "goat" episode.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Is it just me
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2005, 11:41:07 AM »
...or are we hearing a lot more Chris Isaak on KFOG the last month or so? Ever since they had Archive week a couple weeks back, the place has been just lousy with him. (They're playing a live Heartful of Soul right now, which spurred the question.)
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: Is it just me
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2005, 11:46:51 AM »
Quote from: "urth"
...or are we hearing a lot more Chris Isaak on KFOG the last month or so? Ever since they had Archive week a couple weeks back, the place has been just lousy with him. (They're playing a live Heartful of Soul right now, which spurred the question.)

I heard an "archives set" of him Monday after 10@10. Maybe he's playing the "summer picnic"?

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2005, 09:16:52 AM »
Am I crazy or did KFOG just bleep the word "bastard" in the new John Hiatt song?  (it's obviously "bastard", it rhymes with "plaster", "Telecaster" and "master of disaster").  That's scary.

meanwhile, the POp Quiz -- under criticism that they give too many clues, is having "no clue Thursday" (quoting song lyrics, you name the song). And sure enough the Fogheads have.... no clue!

"Like a dog without a bone
An actor out on loan..."

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
not sure what I heard
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2005, 11:30:51 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
An actor out on loan..."

But I never heard "An actor out on loan"
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2005, 12:38:35 PM »
meanwhile, the POp Quiz -- under criticism that they give too many clues, is having "no clue Thursday" (quoting song lyrics, you name the song). And sure enough the Fogheads have.... no clue!

An actor out on loan..."

The "no clue" thing was a reaction to yesterday's PQ, in which Peter Finch, ever the nice guy, gave several HUGE breaks to the woman that eventually won ("awww, come on, she's nice...") . Afterward, Dave and Renee commiserated and decided they were being too lenient, and promised no slack from here on out.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2005, 08:51:13 AM »
I can't believe they just re-ran the interview with the "Blinded By the Lyrics" guy (author of a book about the meaning behind cryptic song lyrics).  His big revelation: that "One Night in Bangkok" is about... chess! No, really? Gee, maybe the fact that it's from a musical called Chess was a clue, eh?

He also made a big deal about Steely Dan using the word "squonk" in "Any Major Dude"... without bothering to mention that Genesis wrote a song called "Squonk".

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
here I go again
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2005, 09:44:15 AM »
I can't believe they just re-ran the interview with the "Blinded By the Lyrics" guy (author of a book about the meaning behind cryptic song lyrics).  His big revelation: that "One Night in Bangkok" is about... chess! No, really? Gee, maybe the fact that it's from a musical called Chess was a clue, eh?

He also made a big deal about Steely Dan using the word "squonk" in "Any Major Dude"... without bothering to mention that Genesis wrote a song called "Squonk".

Reminiscent of my Cure vs. Mamas & Papas faux pas, does Genesis deserve to share the limelight with Steely Dan?

[Geoff ducks again]
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: here I go again
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2005, 09:49:46 AM »
Quote from: "ggould"

Reminiscent of my Cure vs. Mamas & Papas faux pas, does Genesis deserve to share the limelight with Steely Dan?

[Geoff ducks again]

in the post-interview discussion, they referred to "Squonk" as "Genesis... when they were good".  But I was just commenting on the cluelessness of the guy who wrote the book.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2005, 10:04:25 AM »

[Geoff ducks again]

in the post-interview discussion, they referred to "Squonk" as "Genesis... when they were good".  But I was just commenting on the cluelessness of the guy who wrote the book.

I was interested in hearing the interview if only because I missed it the first time around, but considering how much he fawned over the Dan squonk reference as being one of the most obscure lyrical allusions ever, I thought he was totally lame not to at least give Genesis props for writing a whole damn song about the little rascal.

Still, the book sounds like the kind of thing I'd geek out over. And Stacey's semi-annual big ass sale is coming up this weekend. Anything to avoid paying full retail.
Let's get right to it.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2005, 10:08:55 AM »

[Geoff ducks again]

But the Steely Dan lyric was 2 years earlier, they did mention that fact.

also catching up on a couple other items:

Last Wednesday they were WAAAAYYY too forgiving of the gal who 'won' their BART quiz.  (Which line goes thru the Rockridge Station?....starts with a 'P'....same name as a city in Pennsylvania....)

I haven't noticed a more than ususal amount of Chris Isaak, but definitely have noticed a big increase in the Police (on top of the usual dose of Sting solo).
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2005, 09:24:45 AM »
yay! they're finally playing an uncensored version of that John Hiatt "Master of Disaster" tune.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2005, 09:26:37 AM »
the winner of the "get a celebrity to call"contest was William Windom of Farmer's Daughter, My World & Welcome To It and Murder She Wrote. Rcognized his voice immediately.  Glad to know he's still alive!

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2005, 09:31:28 AM »
the winner of the "get a celebrity to call"contest was William Windom of Farmer's Daughter, My World & Welcome To It and Murder She Wrote. Rcognized his voice immediately.  Glad to know he's still alive!

I googled his image, and found that he was also Commodore Mathew Decker in the classic Star Trek ep "The Doomsday Machine."

http://www.fondazionevulcaniana.it/museo/autografi/immagini/windom.jpg
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing