Author Topic: KA-BOOM!  (Read 28272 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KA-BOOM!
« on: March 25, 2005, 09:30:45 AM »
Wasting no time as soon as Wing- er, Spring Break was over, they've announced the date for Kaboom is Sat May 21st. No artists announced yet.  Prepare for the usual onslaught of hype...
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: KA-BOOM!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 09:38:27 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
Wasting no time as soon as Wing- er, Spring Break was over, they've announced the date for Kaboom is Sat May 21st. No artists announced yet.  Prepare for the usual onslaught of hype...

that's the day of our party. what to do? shall we kaboom it? kaboom is during the day, right?

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 09:54:24 AM »
Quote from: "princessofcairo"

that's the day of our party. what to do? shall we kaboom it? kaboom is during the day, right?

uh, kinda hard to do fireworks during the day. :wink:

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 10:00:27 AM »

uh, kinda hard to do fireworks during the day. :wink:

oh, yeah. but don't they have other things???

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2005, 10:00:44 AM »

What perfect timing!  Have they announced a featured artist yet?  Oh, how I wish I still had my pad on the Embarcadero ...
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2005, 10:07:56 AM »

That was the day we had last agreed to.  Maybe we can do more of an afternoon thing & people can head downtown after.  That would give y'all extra incentive to take BART to Castro Valley, then BARTing back to the Embarcadero would be a no-brainer.

Typically the headliner comes on around 7:00 & fire works start a little after 9:00.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2005, 06:40:52 PM »
Quote from: "mshray"

That was the day we had last agreed to.  Maybe we can do more of an afternoon thing & people can head downtown after.  That would give y'all extra incentive to take BART to Castro Valley, then BARTing back to the Embarcadero would be a no-brainer.

Typically the headliner comes on around 7:00 & fire works start a little after 9:00.

My suggestion is to wait & see who the musical talent is. If it's someone good we might want to move the gathering to the pier, and if it's not I could just as easily show up late just for the fireworks, or blow 'em off entirely & continue the festivities at Chez 'Shray.
Let's get right to it.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2005, 08:41:36 AM »
Quote from: "urth"

My suggestion is to wait & see who the musical talent is. If it's someone good we might want to move the gathering to the pier, and if it's not I could just as easily show up late just for the fireworks, or blow 'em off entirely & continue the festivities at Chez 'Shray.

I agree.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
KA-BOOM!
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2005, 01:01:24 PM »
If Dave knows who this year's featured artist is, he's holding the cards close to his chest.  Not even a hint in his promo just before 10@10 today.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
KA-BOOM!
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2005, 01:23:34 PM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
If Dave knows who this year's featured artist is, he's holding the cards close to his chest.  Not even a hint in his promo just before 10@10 today.

I checked Pollstar, as in the past they've posted artists and dates before the station spilled the news, but nothing so far for May 21.

I also checked Jet's routings, and they haven't announced any dates in the US til June, when they commence opening shows for Oasis. So I wouldn't rule them out entirely, but they don't have anything booked at all in that time-frame, and I'd expect that they'd have at least a few dates booked around then.
Let's get right to it.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
KA-BOOM!
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2005, 10:47:30 AM »
They're supposed to bust the secret on who's playing next Monday. So we should be able to start making more def. plans after that.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KA-BOOM!
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2005, 08:58:18 AM »
Now you know: it's the Wallflowers.

(*stifles yawn*)

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
KA-BOOM!
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2005, 09:48:07 AM »

(*stifles yawn*)

I'm with you on that one.

The opening act, Kathleen Edwards, is quite good. But I'm not sure it would be worth trying to negotiate thousands of rampaging Fogheads (and cutting short the doin's at Chez 'Shray) just to hear her do a 30 or 40 minute set on a windy pier. Will hope she books a date someplace else in the area that weekend.

Anyone have any clues on the John Butler Trio? They're the support act on the bill.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KA-BOOM!
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2005, 10:00:17 AM »
Anyone have any clues on the John Butler Trio? They're the support act on the bill.

they've gotten quite a bit of KFOG play the last 6 months or so. Don't ask me to name a song, tho'.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
KA-BOOM!
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2005, 05:39:04 AM »

(*stifles yawn*)

oh dear. who let the walls out? bo-ring. john butler NOT from south africa...