Author Topic: The Next Club Get-Together  (Read 140201 times)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: The Next Club Get-Together
« Reply #435 on: March 02, 2011, 11:30:25 PM »

Turns out CC opens at 11:30. Maybe we shuld just plan to be there when the doors open.

I'm good with that.

Me too.

Me 3.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 03, 2011, 10:59:09 AM »
Cheap drink tips for Gaz this week:

http://ht.ly/46J23

and last call for tonite: Gaz & I will be having dinner at Shanghai Dumpling King out on Balboa in SF (we'll get there roughly between 5:30 & 6), followed by that Simon & Garfarkel docu at the Balboa Theatre (7:30).  Anyone else interested, please post.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 04, 2011, 02:09:38 PM »
Just a final reminder, we'll be meeting Sunday at Citrus Club on Haight for lunchy/brunchy at 11:30 (which is when they open).  This will be followed by a visit to Amoeba.  All are welcome and we especially want to see you newer folks/people who haven't yet been to one of our too-rare gatherings -- sundaygal, SFGuy, darryl, Radical347 and anyone else I'm forgetting.  A good time will be had by all.  Please post here if you're coming so we know who to look for.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 04, 2011, 02:39:38 PM »

Just a final reminder, we'll be meeting Sunday at Citrus Club on Haight for lunchy/brunchy at 11:30 (which is when they open).  This will be followed by a visit to Amoeba.  All are welcome and we especially want to see you newer folks/people who haven't yet been to one of our too-rare gatherings -- sundaygal, SFGuy, darryl, Radical347 and anyone else I'm forgetting.  A good time will be had by all.  Please post here if you're coming so we know who to look for.

likewise, since it's my birthday, let me reiterate that we'd all love to see you there, or if you can't make the meal, at least show up at Amoeba ~1ish.  

http://www.citrusclubsf.com/
http://www.amoeba.com/

I'm at 4oh8 386-86oh9 in case anyone needs anything.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 02:41:31 PM by mshray »
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 04, 2011, 06:07:21 PM »
Just a final reminder, we'll be meeting Sunday at Citrus Club on Haight for lunchy/brunchy at 11:30 (which is when they open).  This will be followed by a visit to Amoeba.  All are welcome and we especially want to see you newer folks/people who haven't yet been to one of our too-rare gatherings -- sundaygal, SFGuy, darryl, Radical347 and anyone else I'm forgetting.  A good time will be had by all.  Please post here if you're coming so we know who to look for.
Funny, I was just at Amoeba on Haight St. last Sunday and picked up a Stiff records compilation CD with The Belle Stars on it for AL (on behalf of RG and I) in hopes that she would finally play Sign Of The Times on 10@10.  It cost under $5.  Gee, CDs have sure become more affordable...

I'll try to make it.  Keep you posted!  I miiiight be able to meet you guys at Amoeba, but not for lunchy/brunchy.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 05:29:00 PM by sundaygal »

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 06, 2011, 12:22:42 AM »
Hope you all have a blast, and find some long-sought after album in the bins at Amoeba! And happy birthday to Mark and John--I'll wear my "Make Cheese, Not War" t-shirt in your honor! Cheers!
Let's get right to it.

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 06, 2011, 11:59:13 AM »
Argh.  Can't make it to Amoeba today after all. :( 
Hope you find some goodies! 

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #442 on: March 06, 2011, 04:34:20 PM »
damn! 

Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 06, 2011, 06:50:04 PM »
damn! 
Hey, The Three Amigos struck gold!  Who all showed up?  Sorry I couldn't make it, had a long week at work buried in the annual budget process, so had things to do at home on weekend.  I'm sure there'll be another time.  I'm downtown SF weekdays, so perhaps an evening after work?

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 06, 2011, 07:16:11 PM »
damn!
Hey, The Three Amigos struck gold!  Who all showed up?  Sorry I couldn't make it, had a long week at work buried in the annual budget process, so had things to do at home on weekend.  I'm sure there'll be another time.  I'm downtown SF weekdays, so perhaps an evening after work?

Wish I could have been there to join you. Did Alicat or anyone else make it? (I assume Geoff did since he posted the pic!) And what great finds did y'all come up with in the bins? All I can make out are Glenn Miller and Are You Being Served?
Let's get right to it.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #445 on: March 06, 2011, 07:36:41 PM »
damn!
Hey, The Three Amigos struck gold!  Who all showed up?  Sorry I couldn't make it, had a long week at work buried in the annual budget process, so had things to do at home on weekend.  I'm sure there'll be another time.  I'm downtown SF weekdays, so perhaps an evening after work?

Wish I could have been there to join you. Did Alicat or anyone else make it? (I assume Geoff did since he posted the pic!) And what great finds did y'all come up with in the bins? All I can make out are Glenn Miller and Are You Being Served?
I was busy too; I merely reposted Alicat's pic from fb.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 07, 2011, 09:20:52 AM »
damn!

I was the picture taker. I got a Page/Black Crowes CD, baseball CD and two Costner baseball DVDs. Wish list for others but didn't buy. Thanks Tinka for the Giants papers. and to Gaz for the compilations.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 07, 2011, 03:51:04 PM »
damn!
Hey, The Three Amigos struck gold!  Who all showed up?  Sorry I couldn't make it, had a long week at work buried in the annual budget process, so had things to do at home on weekend.  I'm sure there'll be another time.  I'm downtown SF weekdays, so perhaps an evening after work?

I was the picture taker. I got a Page/Black Crowes CD, baseball CD and two Costner baseball DVDs. Wish list for others but didn't buy. Thanks Tinka for the Giants papers. and to Gaz for the compilations.

Was just listening to the Marvelettes comp I got at Amoeba -- it must be hard to find or out-of-print, because Amazon wants 25 bucks for it; but I paid Amoeba $6.99!  And it's wonderful and contains one for Gaz's next "shoulda-beens" collection: the great "Here I Am Baby", a #44 pop peak, with the fab Smokey Robinson couplet:

Here I am baby, the one who was so love-defiant/
Here I am baby, the one who was so self-reliant.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 02, 2011, 10:12:30 PM »
Anyone want to meet at Peets in Palo Alto 77 Town & Country at 10-noon on Saturday. AL doing the LFTA appearance.
Sharks bleed teal.

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 03, 2011, 06:01:27 AM »
Won't be able to make the LFTA appearance, but I do plan on attending sunday's auction that night.

Beej, eujean2 and pefanie (remember them?) attended my wedding in '07. Since then, apart from random sightings of RGMike and Rod, I haven't seen any 10@10ers, so I'm definitely looking forward this.