Author Topic: The Cheezy Gossip Thread  (Read 206606 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Buckaroo Beej's Gossip Round-up
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2005, 11:43:52 AM »
Quote from: "Beej"
If ever the phrase "stranger than fiction" applied to anything- it's to The Wendy's Chili Finger Fraud case.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/05/20/MNG5CCS85J1.DTL

The best part? The guy who lost his finger? His nickname's "Fudge". Heh.

It's gonna make a great USA Network movie-of-the-week.  I'm betting on the woman who plays Karen's maid on Will & Grace playing the finger lady.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2005, 11:48:52 AM »
If ever the phrase "stranger than fiction" applied to anything- it's to The Wendy's Chili Finger Fraud case.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/05/20/MNG5CCS85J1.DTL

The best part? The guy who lost his finger? His nickname's "Fudge". Heh.

My favorite part:
Bar buddies bought him shots of his favorite drink, a cinnamon-flavored schnapps with gold flecks called Goldschlager.

I *LURVE* GOLDSCHLAGER!   (hic)
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2005, 11:54:19 AM »
I'm betting on the woman who plays Karen's maid on Will & Grace playing the finger lady.

I think Ayala herself thinks she's already IN the TV movie.

Didja notice how dolled up she was for her court appearance a week or so ago? She had more war-paint on than an Apache brave. She's wearing prison garb but she's acting like she's strolling down the red carpet at the Oscar's preshow. A-mazing.
nakes? On my plane?

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2005, 11:55:09 AM »
Oh, yeah- I forgot about the Goldschlager. That stuff'll kick yer ass.
nakes? On my plane?

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2005, 12:26:48 PM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"

Liberal pinko that I am, I think Newsweek's story was probably correct, and the PTB needed a fall guy in response to the anti-American sentiment.

Well, Jon Carroll -- a liberal pinko in his own right -- has another take in today's column.

(And, speaking of that, let me give you a data point about the whole Newsweek-Guantanamo thing. When we were in Islamic northern Nigeria in 1995, we heard a story about a Christian American woman who was accused by a politically ambitious mullah of using the Koran as toilet paper. The leader of the family who had taken the woman in defended her; a crowd broke in, beheaded him, and carried his head around on a stick. According to our host, a university professor, the Koran-and-toilet-paper story is basically the Muslim equivalent of "Jews eat Gentile babies during Passover" slander. (So, I am guessing that Newsweek was sold a bill of goods. I'm thinking a sting operation of some sort. And, oh look, it's Michael Isikoff, Kenneth Starr's best media buddy. Oh, that karma).

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2005/05/20/DDGM7C8F3E1.DTL
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2005, 02:39:25 PM »
I'm betting on the woman who plays Karen's maid on Will & Grace playing the finger lady.

Didja notice how dolled up she was for her court appearance a week or so ago? She had more war-paint on than an Apache brave. She's wearing prison garb but she's acting like she's strolling down the red carpet at the Oscar's preshow. A-mazing.

Beej, I really wish you hosted a program on E! for points like this.  I mwah you.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2005, 03:13:45 PM »
Beej, I really wish you hosted a program on E! for points like this. I mwah you.

LOL! Thanks! And a mwah right back at ya.
nakes? On my plane?

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2005, 05:00:36 PM »

Did anyone catch the exchange on the Morning Show about her, yesterday I think? Apparently Peter Finch thinks she's hot (in a strictly married-guy-watching-from-afar kind of way. Apparently he goes for the skanky type (no offense to Mrs. Finch, who I've never seen.) Nevertheless....

EEEEeeeeewwww....
Let's get right to it.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2005, 08:55:18 PM »
Quote from: "urth"
Apparently he goes for the skanky type (no offense to Mrs. Finch, who I've never seen.) Nevertheless....

EEEEeeeeewwww....

It took a lot of courage for you to attempt that maneuver and dismount.   :)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2005, 10:53:43 PM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
Quote from: "urth"
Apparently he goes for the skanky type (no offense to Mrs. Finch, who I've never seen.) Nevertheless....

EEEEeeeeewwww....

It took a lot of courage for you to attempt that maneuver and dismount.   :)

I feel for Peter; I've had the same experience with hot murderers. Cary Stayner... Scott Petersen... god help me!

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
for Beej, a Kylie Kalendar!
« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2005, 10:17:44 PM »
And I'm going to hell for pointing out she was voted "Best Butt" in some UK magazine a year or so ago.

Get well soon, Kylie! The world needs you now more than ever!

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2005-05/20/content_2979998_1.htm
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2005, 03:06:41 PM »
can't believe nobody beat me to this... you gotta love the unbearable cuteness of Paris marrying Paris:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2005/05/31/entertainment/e050322D58.DTL

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2005, 03:48:48 PM »
Speaking of Paris Hilton- another celeb has cellphone issues- and it's none other than Gaz's favorite novelty singer!

BUFFETT'S STOLEN PHONE CAUSES CHAOS FOR STARS

Hollywood stars are frantically changing their phone numbers after country singer Jimmy Buffett's cell phone fell into the wrong hands.

The star, 57, accidentally left his phone in a Florida restaurant on May 29, and although the device has been recovered, the memory card that holds numbers belonging to stars such as Michael Douglas, George Clooney, Harrison Ford and Bill Gates, is still missing.

The U.S. Secret Service were alerted when former President Bill Clinton received a crank call.

Jason Martin, a bellboy at the Brisa Atlantica restaurant in Delray Beach, found the phone outside the venue, and police believe it was a friend of Martin who contacted Clinton.

Martin, 22, says, "We were sitting around smoking weed and scrolling down the list on Jimmy's phone, going 'Wow!'"

When one of the singer's staff called the phone to retrieve it, Martin became agitated and refused to give it up -- even after being offered a $200 reward.

He says, "He said I was a thief and a liar. Then I called (Buffett's wife) Jane's number, and she was nasty to me. So I told them I wouldn't give it back."

Martin has since been fired by his employer.

Buffett fumes, "It's a person's worst nightmare."
nakes? On my plane?

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2005, 04:34:15 PM »
Speaking of Paris Hilton- another celeb has cellphone issues- and it's none other than Gaz's favorite novelty singer!

BUFFETT'S STOLEN PHONE CAUSES CHAOS FOR STARS

Buffett fumes, "It's a person's worst nightmare."

I guess Jimmy's never experienced any real pain.  I can think of innumerable experiences that would be worse nightmares.  Like, I don't know, having your arm ripped off by an angry grizzly bear or,  *cheap shot alert!* listening to Jimmy Buffet for more than a few minutes.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2005, 04:39:46 PM »
I can think of innumerable experiences that would be worse nightmares. Like, I don't know, having your arm ripped off by an angry grizzly bear or, *cheap shot alert!* listening to Jimmy Buffet for more than a few minutes.

LOL! I was waiting for one of you to say that!

ETA: I'm not so sure this story is all that accurate. If somebody cranked-called Clinton, the Secret Service would have arrested them by now. At least I think they would have.
nakes? On my plane?