Author Topic: The Cheezy Gossip Thread  (Read 188860 times)

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
Buckaroo Beej's Gossip Round-up
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2005, 08:55:53 AM »
that should be real. i bet it would work.

Oh, there's companies that do just that. And, yes- even my cohorts & I have contemplated just such an idea from time to time over the years.

Murder mystery dinners work better. Like the company I work for. May God have mercy on my soul.
nakes? On my plane?

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2005, 03:58:05 PM »
Hey Beej -- didja know Drea deMatteo is hot'n'heavy with Waylon Jennings' son?  His name is (ahem) "Shooter". LOL!

from Daily Dish:

"Actress Drea De Matteo showed her romance with country star Shooter Jennings is very much back on again at the CMT Music Awards Monday night by interrupting the singer's presentation speech with a lengthy kiss.
The couple strolled hand in hand onto the stage at the Gaylord Entertainment Center in Nashville, TN to present the Collaborative Video of the Year award to Brad Paisley, and promptly left the audience speechless as they halted proceedings to show their affection."
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2005, 04:12:39 PM »
Indeed I saw that item in "Daily Dish" today.

For a guy named "Shooter"- he's pretty lucky!
nakes? On my plane?

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2005, 05:01:26 PM »
A late-breaking news item: Britany confirms what the gossip goons have been saying for weeks: she's pregneato...

BRITNEY SPEARS IS PREGNANT

Britney Spears has revealed what might be Hollywood's worst-kept secret: She's pregnant.

Publicist Sonia Muckle confirmed the singer's pregnancy Tuesday but declined to provide additional details.

In a posting on her Web site, Spears told fans that she and husband, Kevin Federline, were expecting their first child together. The couple were married in September.

"There are reports that I was in the hospital this weekend, and Kevin and I just want everyone to know that all is well. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers."

Magazines have speculated for weeks that the 23-year-old singer was pregnant, noting her expanding waistline. She's previously expressed a desire to start a family.

Federline has two children with ex-girlfriend actress Shar Jackson. (From AP)

And here's a picture of Shooter Jennings & Drea de Matteo
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/article?m=/c/pictures/2005/04/12/ga_dailydish01.jpg&f=/gate/archive/2005/04/12/ddish.DTL

I think my problem is: I'm just not ugly enough. Yeah. That's it. I'm too cute to attract fabulous babes. Yeah. I must intimidate them or something. Yeah. That's it. Oh. Also, I'm poor.
nakes? On my plane?

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2005, 05:08:00 PM »
Quote from: "Beej"
I think my problem is: I'm just not ugly enough. Yeah. That's it. I'm too cute to attract fabulous babes. Yeah. I must intimidate them or something. Yeah. That's it. Oh. Also, I'm poor.

My god. That guy's uglier than a bucket of armpits. Now Waylon was nothing to write home about either, but assuming his mom is Jessi Colter, he should have gotten some looks from her side of the gene pool.

On the other hand, it doesn't seem to have held him back none.
Let's get right to it.

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2005, 05:16:46 PM »
Money. Money changes every-thiiing....
nakes? On my plane?

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2005, 08:44:23 PM »
Quote from: "urth"

My god. That guy's uglier than a bucket of armpits. Now Waylon was nothing to write home about either, but assuming his mom is Jessi Colter, he should have gotten some looks from her side of the gene pool.

Good gawd he IS fugly.  Waylon musta whacked him with the ugly stick. He looks like the bastard child of Cheech Marin and Emily Latella.  But he has a really big, er, bank account.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2005, 01:27:53 AM »

Where did you get that 'bucket of armpits' colloquialism?  I love stuff like that, & yours is my new second favorite, right behind "He's so greedy he'd steal a hot stove & come back for the smoke."

Speaking of FUGLY, did anyone catch American Idol tonight?  Contestants were to sing songs from their birth years & two happened to pick Hall & Oates compilations, so they were seated front row for the VIP treatment.  Darryl looked great, just a healthy, older version of his own self.  On the other hand, John should f*cking sue the ASS off of his plastic surgeon.  He looked like a f*cking ET that had squeezed into a body three sizes too small.  I could have sworn bodily fluids were seeping out around the edges.  Yuucck!
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2005, 03:12:25 PM »
By the way, Mshray, I enjoyed your "defense" of The Morning Show team today (4/26) re talking about American Idol too much. "I wanted to talk about John's crappy plastic surgery..." HA-HA!

TOPIC: John Lennon may be known as a pacifist but his son, Sean, is a bit more aggressive. Check it out (from 'Daily Dish', 4/26/05)

LENNON PICKED FIGHT AT BRITISH BEACH CONCERT
John Lennon's son Sean reportedly tried to start a fight with a punk rock bassist during an appearance at Britain's All Tomorrow's Parties festival this weekend.

The son of the Beatles legend, who was joined by his mother Yoko Ono at Pontin's holiday resort in England's Camber Sands, allegedly took exception to the Jayne County and the Electric Chairs bassist because he was sporting a mohawk.

The pair almost came to blows before security at the venue stepped in and defused the situation.

Singer Jayne County says, "It angers me that Sean Lennon, son of John -- a member of the Beatles, who I love -- can be so drunk and narrow-minded to pick a fight with my bass player because he has a mohawk.

"He was surrounded by girls and thought my bass player was competition so he started picking on him. He was out of order and was slagging him, saying he was old and had a crap haircut.

"I think he's insecure. Security had to step in and separate them or blood would have been spilled. The gig went brilliantly but Sean Lennon spoiled it for me. He's a loser."

Or, y'know- it was a really lame haircut & Sean was just doing his part for the betterment of hair-kind.
nakes? On my plane?

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2005, 04:26:16 PM »
By the way, Mshray, I enjoyed your "defense" of The Morning Show team today (4/26) re talking about American Idol too much. "I wanted to talk about John's crappy plastic surgery..." HA-HA!

TOPIC: John Lennon may be known as a pacifist but his son, Sean, is a bit more aggressive. Check it out (from 'Daily Dish', 4/26/05)

LENNON PICKED FIGHT AT BRITISH BEACH CONCERT
John Lennon's son Sean reportedly tried to start a fight with a punk rock bassist during an appearance at Britain's All Tomorrow's Parties festival this weekend.

The son of the Beatles legend, who was joined by his mother Yoko Ono at Pontin's holiday resort in England's Camber Sands, allegedly took exception to the Jayne County and the Electric Chairs bassist because he was sporting a mohawk.

The pair almost came to blows before security at the venue stepped in and defused the situation.

Singer Jayne County says, "It angers me that Sean Lennon, son of John -- a member of the Beatles, who I love -- can be so drunk and narrow-minded to pick a fight with my bass player because he has a mohawk.

"He was surrounded by girls and thought my bass player was competition so he started picking on him. He was out of order and was slagging him, saying he was old and had a crap haircut.

"I think he's insecure. Security had to step in and separate them or blood would have been spilled. The gig went brilliantly but Sean Lennon spoiled it for me. He's a loser."

Or, y'know- it was a really lame haircut & Sean was just doing his part for the betterment of hair-kind.

Just goes to show: just cuz yer dad was John Lennon doesn't mean you're a decent fellow. Come to think of it, at times, neither was John.
Let's get right to it.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2005, 04:28:49 PM »

Further to the discussion of Shooter Jennings, ugly or not, he does appear to have a sense of humor: his new album is called "Put the 'O' Back in Country."

Wait for it.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2005, 08:19:20 PM »

Further to the discussion of Shooter Jennings, ugly or not, he does appear to have a sense of humor: his new album is called "Put the 'O' Back in Country."

Wait for it.

Ha! Clever, and also the reverse of Rodney Crowell's line when he used to introduce Roseanne Cash: "here's the woman who puts the cunt back in country -- mah wife!"  

No wonder they broke up...

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2005, 07:10:23 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
Ha! Clever, and also the reverse of Rodney Crowell's line when he used to introduce Roseanne Cash: "here's the woman who puts the cunt back in country -- mah wife!"  

Are you sure that wasn't Carlene Carter, rather than Roseanne Cash?
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2005, 07:35:57 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
Quote from: "RGMike"

Are you sure that wasn't Carlene Carter, rather than Roseanne Cash?

Rodney was married to Roseanne. Unless you're saying Carlene was a c-word?

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2005, 09:08:41 AM »
Renee Zellwegger goes Winona Ryder one better:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/entertainment/cst-nws-zell10.html

I give it 6 months...