Author Topic: Welcome to the 10@10 club  (Read 73811 times)

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the 10@10 club
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2011, 12:50:42 AM »
Greetings, Latte! I'm Urth aka Jim. I'd explain the origins of my handle, but I already used the good lines in my previous post in this thread (see above). Glad to have another member of the 10@10 OCD and Crankypants Society! I'm one of two Oregonians who post here periodically, but I still have strong ties to the Bay area. 10@10 used to be one of them, but a certain unnamed PD is doing all he can to lessen my interest. Nevertheless, I still check in here several times a week, even if I'm not carving out as much time to listen to Annalisa's works of art as much as I was a couple of months ago.

So can I assume from your dislike of the Cubbies that you're from the South Side and hence a White Sox fan?

Since I really didn't say much in my previous passage, tet me expound a little further on one of my favorite subjects...me.

Musical tastes are all over the map. At various times in my past I have been fanatical about prog rock, new wave, the Dead, just about anything from New Orleans and its environs, and alt-country aka y'allternative.  I still have a fondness for most if not all of the above, but lately I mostly listen to garage rock, old r&b, bebop, or recordings of 10@10. Fave artists include (to name a few) NRBQ, the Kinks, the Young Fresh Fellows/Minus 5, Los Lobos, Elvis Costello, Uncle Tupelo, Dave Alvin, the Skeletons, Thelonious Monk, Miles, and probably three dozen more bands I'll think of as soon as I hit "post." The list goes on for ever. 

I'm a big fan of the Giants, have been since the 70s, so last year was the year I've been waiting nearly my whole life for. I have a passing interest in other pro sports, but they all pale in comparison to the National Pastime, imo.

I'm also very much into food, and am currently, with my wife and a few part-time helpers, trying to get an artisan goat cheese-making business off the ground just outside Portland. Well, I guess you could say we're off the ground, but we don't have a lot of altitude. Yet. I also like good tea, coffee, beer, wine, and other well-made comestibles, which makes Portland and NW Oregon a great place to be as there's lots of fine examples of all of the above produced within very close proximity.

OK, that should suffice for now. Welcome to our little kaffeeklatsch, Lattegirl. I think you'll fit in well here.
Let's get right to it.

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2011, 06:37:22 AM »
BTW, I've PMed LG the FB/10@10ers list, for those who prefer some anonymity.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2011, 06:43:43 AM »
BTW, I've PMed LG the FB/10@10ers list, for those who prefer some anonymity.
I thought you were kidding earlier, so yes, please send to me too!
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the 10@10 club - Lattegirl
« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2011, 01:53:27 PM »
Hey everyone,

Welcome!  Love your name.  Which do you like better, Peets or Starbucks?  Or none of the above? :P

I'm Radical/David.  I'm probably one of the few people that likes the new focus on recent years.  I'm also the youngest here...I think.  I'm studying accounting.  I collect Gloomy Bears.  I like trying to make Korean food.

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2011, 10:20:26 PM »
Hello 10at10 Club,
My name's Josh (Henig), I'm a Virgo, and I hate mayonnaise.
I was a wallflower on the Annalisa page for most of my tenure there until Kool & the Gang yelled at me this past summer, "Get your back up off the wall!" So I did and am now a frequent -- sometimes manic -- poster. That pattern may be repeated here, at least the wallflower at the beginning phase.
My musical background started with me playing piano and clarinet in grade school and accelerated when I became a dj and guitar player in college. From almost the first moment I picked up my guitar and played, I wanted to be in a rock band and take over the world. Shockingly enough, that did not happen. Sadly, the callouses disappeared from my fingers long ago, although I have an unused pool of funds collected from a past birthday with which I am supposed to buy a Telecaster.
I have been perceived as an "Indie Rock Snob" and called "The Emperor of Cheesy Music." To celebrate the yin and yang of my musical taste, I have chosen the cover of the Feelies' seminal nerd rock album, Crazy Rhythms, as my avatar, and the end of this quote from Poison's hair metal anthem, "Nothin' but a Good Time," as my username:
You see I raise a toast to all of us
Who are breakin' our backs every day
If wantin' the good life is such a crime
Lord, then put me away
Here's to ya
Slipping into something
And out of something else

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2011, 11:15:05 PM »
I have an unused pool of funds collected from a past birthday with which I am supposed to buy a Telecaster.

You didn't get enough for one of mine, didja?

http://www.ggould.com/guitars.html

:) ;) :D ;D

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2011, 11:26:51 PM »

I was a wallflower on the Annalisa page for most of my tenure there until Kool & the Gang yelled at me this past summer, "Get your back up off the wall!" 

Yeah, but Kool Moe Dee says, "How Ya Like Me Now?"   ;)

This is a great place to be!  Welcome to Fantasy Island.  Smiles, everyone, smiles!

You hate mayonnaise?  What gives?

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2011, 07:46:08 AM »

I was a wallflower on the Annalisa page for most of my tenure there until Kool & the Gang yelled at me this past summer, "Get your back up off the wall!" 

Yeah, but Kool Moe Dee says, "How Ya Like Me Now?"   ;)

This is a great place to be!  Welcome to Fantasy Island.  Smiles, everyone, smiles!

You hate mayonnaise?  What gives?

Does that include Miracle Whip?  Welcome, Josh.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 08:58:24 AM by RGMike »
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2011, 10:35:37 AM »
ggould: Your axe looks way out of my price range!
sundaygal, RGMike: I've got too much brutha in me, as you clearly recognize with your Kool Moe Dee quote (see Eddie Griffin's Undercover Brother; actually, don't, it was terrible)
Slipping into something

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2011, 10:55:29 AM »
sundaygal, RGMike: I've got too much brutha in me, as you clearly recognize with your Kool Moe Dee quote (see Eddie Griffin's Undercover Brother; actually, don't, it was terrible)

so, you're like Kim Kardashian, then (she's had a lot of bruthas in HER, for sure).
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2011, 11:06:24 AM »
For a while, I was on the fence about mayonnaise.  hard to say why, maybe that Annie Hall scene affected me? 

Welcome, Josh!

~CPL593H~

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2011, 11:19:36 AM »
that's why I was joking!  I can't afford them either!

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2011, 12:00:18 PM »
Yah, RGM, metaphorically speaking  ::)
Tinka Cat, my brother used to consume large spoonfuls of mayonnaise and margarine out of the jar while watching morning cartoons. That partially explains the mayonnaise aversion (not sure why I wasn't turned off to butter and butter-like spreads).
Slipping into something

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2011, 12:20:56 PM »
Welcome Josh!
Mayonnaise is awesome. I dip chips in it. :P  (But, it has to be real mayo.  None of that miracle whip stuff.)

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2011, 01:05:42 PM »