Author Topic: The Sports Thread  (Read 415763 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: The Sports Thread
« Reply #1065 on: October 06, 2008, 08:58:12 PM »
Wow!  Great play by TeddyBearitek...

Bwahahaha! I (heart) Varitek even as I hate the Sawx. I will call him that from now on.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 03:55:46 PM by RGMike »
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: October 07, 2008, 12:18:39 AM »
Wow!  Great play by TeddyBearitek in thye 9th, catching Reggie Willits up the line at third after a failed squeeze bunt attempt.

Yeah, the squeeze was a gutsy call on Soscia's (sp?) part--if it had worked they'd have had a good chance at winning and taking it back to Los Anaheim. But since it didn't, it cost them the game and the series.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: October 11, 2008, 07:08:57 PM »
All's right with the world: Drew Remenda's back for another year of doing Sharks games. Yay!

But those new folks Comcast hired for the pregame show: they all look like they just graduated high school.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: October 11, 2008, 11:08:51 PM »
All's right with the world: Drew Remenda's back for another year of doing Sharks games. Yay!

But those new folks Comcast hired for the pregame show: they all look like they just graduated high school.
I'm good with Amy G (took me a while to have the green light for her) for the Giants but there seems to be a requisite chick reporter now for all pro sports games. Didn't care for the gal doing the Sharks post game in the locker room. Maybe I wish it was me?
Sharks bleed teal.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: October 11, 2008, 11:13:54 PM »

I'm good with Amy G (took me a while to have the green light for her) for the Giants but there seems to be a requisite chick reporter now for all pro sports games. Didn't care for the gal doing the Sharks post game in the locker room. Maybe I wish it was me?

What hath Jeannie Szelaszko wrought?
Let's get right to it.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: October 16, 2008, 09:01:46 PM »
Helluva ballgame goin' on at Fenway right now. The Sox aren't laying down the way the Dodgers did last night. They were down 7-0 going to the bottom of the 7th, came back and scored 7 runs in the 7th and 8th, just about to come to bat in the 9th. Love 'em or hate 'em, they've made this a helluva game.
Let's get right to it.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #1071 on: October 16, 2008, 10:00:55 PM »
Helluva ballgame goin' on at Fenway right now. The Sox aren't laying down the way the Dodgers did last night. They were down 7-0 going to the bottom of the 7th, came back and scored 7 runs in the 7th and 8th, just about to come to bat in the 9th. Love 'em or hate 'em, they've made this a helluva game.
unbelievable.  I didn't watch the game, but the score online.  It seemed like a done deal, then the Sox won in the bottom of the 9th!  There's probably a story there somewhere.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: October 16, 2008, 10:19:08 PM »
unbelievable.  I didn't watch the game, but the score online.  It seemed like a done deal, then the Sox won in the bottom of the 9th!  There's probably a story there somewhere.

I am so pissed I couldn't get out of work early tonight!  I was following the play-by-play at ESPN.com, but it's just not the same.

J.D. fucking Drew.  Who'da thunk.  Will be kinda interesting if he winds up playing in the Series against the Phils - the Philly fans'll be throwing a lot more than batteries at him.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: October 21, 2008, 03:34:20 PM »
An excellent articel from Mark Kreidler on the Niners' coaching woes.

York family ineptitude aside, I still say Nolan deserved the boot about 22 games ago.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: October 21, 2008, 03:54:30 PM »

I am so pissed I couldn't get out of work early tonight!  I was following the play-by-play at ESPN.com, but it's just not the same.

J.D. fucking Drew.  Who'da thunk.  Will be kinda interesting if he winds up playing in the Series against the Phils - the Philly fans'll be throwing a lot more than batteries at him.

I just saw these "Red Sox comeback" posts now -- glad it worked out for the Rays on Sunday. Gawd I hate the Sawx. Go Phillies!

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: October 21, 2008, 07:23:11 PM »
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

SFGuy

« Reply #1076 on: October 21, 2008, 10:22:31 PM »

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: October 22, 2008, 07:47:13 AM »
Go Phillies!

Go Rays!

I'm with Mike, go Phillies!

Go Phillies:

Is Pat still shaving his forearms? ;)

Truth be told I don't have a passionate rooting interest in either team. But the Phillies have gone longer without a WS victory. The Rays are an amazing story; they have many good years ahead.

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: October 22, 2008, 09:02:24 AM »
Go Rays!
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing