Author Topic: The Sports Thread  (Read 415802 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: The Sports Thread
« Reply #1050 on: September 19, 2008, 08:18:10 AM »
Question for Alicat: did you get anything from the Sharks about a ticket pre-sale this year? I remember getting one last year (with a password) to buy single-game tix a couple days before they went on sale. Well, they go on sale to the general public this Saturday morning 9/20 (I heard ONE commercial on KFOG on Monday) but I haven't gotten anything from the Sharks or TicketBastard even tho' I'm in their database.
Just happened.
Presale available Wednesday, September 17 at 10 AM through Friday, September 19 at 5 PM. Maximum of eight tickets per game for up to eight games (64 total tickets).  http://www.ticketmaster.com/promo/5bczyc?dma_id=

Enter code: 14CHEECH into Special Offers Box.
I have a few games not yet spoken for. My tix are $72 ea if you're interested let me know. I have a lot of Saturday games this time. There's a meet and greet with the team this coming Tuesday and an exhibition or scrimmage after. I think I'm going. Roenick-Roenick-Roenick.....

Thanks, Ali!!!

I'm on a budget this year. I used to buy 2 "cheap" tix in order to have breathing room, but no more. I bought $20 tix (which becomes $30 after all the extra charges) for Philly (10/18), Wash Caps (11/22), Rangers (12/20) and Islanders (1/3). 
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: September 19, 2008, 08:46:10 AM »
Question for Alicat: did you get anything from the Sharks about a ticket pre-sale this year? I remember getting one last year (with a password) to buy single-game tix a couple days before they went on sale. Well, they go on sale to the general public this Saturday morning 9/20 (I heard ONE commercial on KFOG on Monday) but I haven't gotten anything from the Sharks or TicketBastard even tho' I'm in their database.
Just happened.
Presale available Wednesday, September 17 at 10 AM through Friday, September 19 at 5 PM. Maximum of eight tickets per game for up to eight games (64 total tickets).  http://www.ticketmaster.com/promo/5bczyc?dma_id=

I have a few games not yet spoken for. My tix are $72 ea if you're interested let me know. I have a lot of Saturday games this time. There's a meet and greet with the team this coming Tuesday and an exhibition or scrimmage after. I think I'm going. Roenick-Roenick-Roenick.....

Thanks, Ali!!!

I'm on a budget this year. I used to buy 2 "cheap" tix in order to have breathing room, but no more. I bought $20 tix (which becomes $30 after all the extra charges) for Philly (10/18), Wash Caps (11/22), Rangers (12/20) and Islanders (1/3). 
All spectacular games and I won't be at any of those. My seat partners selected those games. I was interested but alos had to be budget concious and just took others. I have way too many as it is. Good news, I think I'm closing in on a new job which will help finance AC/DC tix and Bridge Bennie tix whenever those go on sale. I let the month of Oct go for the Sharks. My first game isn't until Nov 8, the Stars. Booooooooo hissssssss
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: September 19, 2008, 08:53:43 AM »
Just happened.

Thanks, Ali!!!

All spectacular games and I won't be at any of those. My seat partners selected those games. I was interested but alos had to be budget concious and just took others. I have way too many as it is. Good news, I think I'm closing in on a new job which will help finance AC/DC tix and Bridge Bennie tix whenever those go on sale. I let the month of Oct go for the Sharks. My first game isn't until Nov 8, the Stars. Booooooooo hissssssss

I liked the idea of seeing East Coast teams on their once-every-6-years visits. Oddly, the Rangers & Islanders are coming, but not the Devils.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: September 24, 2008, 08:59:53 AM »
Saw the Sharks last night. RG, there are some very cute YOUNG players. hooooo boy! Gotta find out whassup with JR. I heard he had a knee or something on ice and wasn't seen last night. They played two 30 min periods and it was pretty low energy. Can't hurt your own players. Can hardly wait for the real season to begin.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: September 28, 2008, 07:16:23 PM »
OMGWTFLOL!!!  They just announced the entertainment for the Super Bowl this year and it's...

BROOOOOOCE!!!!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 07:18:18 PM by RGMike »

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: September 28, 2008, 11:11:14 PM »
Oh those wacky ballplayers. Spring training tales with George Brett. Audio is very NSFW, but this is unbelieveable. Also gross.

http://spoiledvids.com/play.php?vid=525
Let's get right to it.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: September 29, 2008, 09:55:00 AM »
OMGWTFLOL!!!  They just announced the entertainment for the Super Bowl this year and it's...

BROOOOOOCE!!!!

I'm thrilled by this.  And sad that I've never seen him live and probably never will.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: September 29, 2008, 09:59:13 AM »
Oh those wacky ballplayers. Spring training tales with George Brett. Audio is very NSFW, but this is unbelieveable. Also gross.

http://spoiledvids.com/play.php?vid=525

oops, clip not working. I've heard interesting "tales" about George Brett, but I suspect they aren't addressed here ;)

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: September 30, 2008, 11:46:23 AM »
The inevitable has happened. Lane Kiffin gets the boot.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/09/30/SPL7138OOB.DTL&tsp=1

So who's the next one to be Al's whipping boy? Who would take this job?
Let's get right to it.

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: September 30, 2008, 11:46:49 AM »
Buh-bye, Lane. ::)

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/09/30/SPL7138OOB.DTL&tsp=1

Sigh.  It aint easy being silver and black.

:-\
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: September 30, 2008, 11:50:09 AM »
The inevitable has happened. Lane Kiffin gets the boot.

So who's the next one to be Al's whipping boy? Who would take this job?

Beat me by 26 seconds. 

I hope they give it to Rob Ryan, poor sap.  But since he was party to Kiffin's demise, he needs to be subjected to the hopelessness too.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: October 04, 2008, 10:14:30 PM »
I can't believe the Dodgers just swept the Cubbies. I really thought this was the Cubs' year. Bummer.

OTOH, Joe Torre gets the last laugh on the Evil Empire, which apparently snubbed him in their endless "Farewell to Yankee Stadium" indulgence last month.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: October 05, 2008, 05:23:27 AM »
I can't believe the Dodgers just swept the Cubbies. I really thought this was the Cubs' year. Bummer.

OTOH, Joe Torre gets the last laugh on the Evil Empire, which apparently snubbed him in their endless "Farewell to Yankee Stadium" indulgence last month.

They snubbed Clemens as well, which makes it really tough to figure out who are the good guys and who are the bad guys in that soap opera.

I also thought this was the Cubs' year.   :'(
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: October 05, 2008, 10:58:41 PM »

They snubbed Clemens as well, which makes it really tough to figure out who are the good guys and who are the bad guys in that soap opera.

I also thought this was the Cubs' year.   :'(

Dodgers SUCK. (As do the Yankees.)
Let's get right to it.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: October 06, 2008, 08:23:20 PM »
Wow!  Great play by TeddyBearitek in thye 9th, catching Reggie Willits up the line at third after a failed squeeze bunt attempt.