Author Topic: The Sports Thread  (Read 416039 times)

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: The Sports Thread
« Reply #1035 on: August 28, 2008, 10:23:47 AM »
I thought I'd put this here since there is no 2008 Football Pool thread yet. Some did join last year and I'm putting out the invites again.

http://games.espn.go.com/pigskin/frontpage
group name: StewieGriffin'sRedRumInc. (my note: sorry Mike. I like Family Guy and know you hate it)
Password: CowboysSuck

I'm put a reminder out the week before the games.
Hey there - I was unable to find this group name at the Pigskin site.  I'm in, though, once I figure it out.

I'm in too, since it looks like KFOG is not doing one this year. But Gaz ain't the only one who can't find the team listed. Can you send us invites? Send mine to urthwerm (at) yahoo-dot-com.
Let's get right to it.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #1036 on: August 28, 2008, 07:08:26 PM »
I thought I'd put this here since there is no 2008 Football Pool thread yet. Some did join last year and I'm putting out the invites again.

group name: StewieGriffin'sRedRumInc. (my note: sorry Mike. I like Family Guy and know you hate it)

Hey there - I was unable to find this group name at the Pigskin site.  I'm in, though, once I figure it out.

I'm in too, since it looks like KFOG is not doing one this year. But Gaz ain't the only one who can't find the team listed. Can you send us invites? Send mine to urthwerm (at) yahoo-dot-com.
no more KFOG pool?  >:(
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: August 28, 2008, 09:43:24 PM »

Finally found it by doing a search for "redrum". SFGuy, there's a typo in the group name--it's under StevieGriffin'sRedRumInc. Anyway, I'm in.
Let's get right to it.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: August 28, 2008, 10:09:10 PM »

Finally found it by doing a search for "redrum". SFGuy, there's a typo in the group name--it's under StevieGriffin'sRedRumInc. Anyway, I'm in.

Joe Mama is in!
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

SFGuy

« Reply #1039 on: August 28, 2008, 11:33:25 PM »

Whoops. I didn't even catch until now. Sorry!!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: August 29, 2008, 07:37:34 AM »
interestingly, The Bone *is* doing the fiootball pool this year.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: August 29, 2008, 10:14:01 PM »
ZITO is officially a nasty four letter word. What an effed up effort today. Had to load the bases with a walk and pitch into a grand slam. Nice work Barry. >:(
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: August 30, 2008, 11:42:14 AM »
ZITO is officially a nasty four letter word. What an effed up effort today. Had to load the bases with a walk and pitch into a grand slam. Nice work Barry. >:(

Ha!  I missed that one -- went to my first (and probably only) A's game of the season last nite. Got my Jack Cust bobblehead, and got to see him hit a 2-run homer, but they were still losing 8-2 when I left. Sad year on both sides of the Bay. But hey, hockey's just around the corner...

SFGuy

« Reply #1043 on: September 01, 2008, 03:36:31 AM »
Anyone else going to join the ESPN football poll?? Still go until game time Thursday (4 PM).

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: September 13, 2008, 10:06:17 AM »
I'm watching the Yankees pre-game right now and wondering which I'd enjoy more: Paul O'Neill in The Chris Isaak Story, or Chris Isaak in The Paul O'Neill Story.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: September 13, 2008, 09:52:35 PM »
"The Freak" c'est chic! The Giants' Cy Young contender, young Mr Lincecum, just notched his 17th win with a complete-game shutout against the Padres. And he could concievably break the Giant's single-season strikeout record, currently held by Jason Schmidt.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #1046 on: September 13, 2008, 11:24:50 PM »
"The Freak" c'est chic! The Giants' Cy Young contender, young Mr Lincecum, just notched his 17th win with a complete-game shutout against the Padres. And he could concievably break the Giant's single-season strikeout record, currently held by Jason Schmidt.
we were wondering...
Quote from: Wikipedia says this about his stint with Dodgers
Schmidt, though, has struggled with a right shoulder problem during the 2007 season, the first of his three year $47 million deal. After only three starts he missed 45 games with the injury before being reactivated from the DL on June 5th. He started three games after his return from the DL, the last two created more concern. On June 18th he was returned to the DL and underwent exploratory surgery to find the cause of his ineffectiveness. The damage to his shoulder was more severe than expected and he missed the rest of the 2007 season due to injury. The Dodgers hoped to have Schmidt back before the end of the 2008 season, but manager Joe Torre later said that Schmidt will not be back this season. Schmidt in his Dodger career has only one win in six starts.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: September 18, 2008, 12:20:38 PM »
The NYT Magazine discovers Barry Zito. Long, but an interesting read.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/14/sports/playmagazine/0914play-ZITO.html

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: September 18, 2008, 01:42:55 PM »
Question for Alicat: did you get anything from the Sharks about a ticket pre-sale this year? I remember getting one last year (with a password) to buy single-game tix a couple days before they went on sale. Well, they go on sale to the general public this Saturday morning 9/20 (I heard ONE commercial on KFOG on Monday) but I haven't gotten anything from the Sharks or TicketBastard even tho' I'm in their database.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: September 18, 2008, 08:46:48 PM »
Question for Alicat: did you get anything from the Sharks about a ticket pre-sale this year? I remember getting one last year (with a password) to buy single-game tix a couple days before they went on sale. Well, they go on sale to the general public this Saturday morning 9/20 (I heard ONE commercial on KFOG on Monday) but I haven't gotten anything from the Sharks or TicketBastard even tho' I'm in their database.
Just happened.
Presale available Wednesday, September 17 at 10 AM through Friday, September 19 at 5 PM. Maximum of eight tickets per game for up to eight games (64 total tickets).  http://www.ticketmaster.com/promo/5bczyc?dma_id=

Enter code: 14CHEECH into Special Offers Box.
I have a few games not yet spoken for. My tix are $72 ea if you're interested let me know. I have a lot of Saturday games this time. There's a meet and greet with the team this coming Tuesday and an exhibition or scrimmage after. I think I'm going. Roenick-Roenick-Roenick.....
Sharks bleed teal.