Author Topic: The Sports Thread  (Read 415668 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: The Sports Thread
« Reply #915 on: April 07, 2008, 09:36:28 AM »
So, as I mentioned previously, I'm staying across from Madison Square Garden this week, and the Rangers are in the Stanley Cup playoffs. Turns out they play the NJ Devils in the first round -- so I have a choice between going to Newark Friday night or the Garden on Sunday. Woo Hoo!

I just went looking at ticket prices: the cheapest Rangers tix at MSG are 104 bucks for nosebleed seats, whereas the Devils at the Pru Center have upper level seats from 20 to 50 dollars. That's an amazing diff, no?
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: April 07, 2008, 06:55:02 PM »
So, as I mentioned previously, I'm staying across from Madison Square Garden this week, and the Rangers are in the Stanley Cup playoffs. Turns out they play the NJ Devils in the first round -- so I have a choice between going to Newark Friday night or the Garden on Sunday. Woo Hoo!

I just went looking at ticket prices: the cheapest Rangers tix at MSG are 104 bucks for nosebleed seats, whereas the Devils at the Pru Center have upper level seats from 20 to 50 dollars. That's an amazing diff, no?

New York, New York--it's a helluva t-o-o-o-o-wn!!!
Let's get right to it.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: April 09, 2008, 11:45:42 PM »

Makes San Jose seem not so expensive. After Monday/Tuesday Giants, I stayed home tonight but head to the Tank on Thursday. I pray we make it to Round 2 and I dare hope for Stanley Cup games. Already have a ticket for at least one R2 and one Cup game. Not the best game tonight but the Flames always seen to torch the Sharks. I have sworn off concerts from now until October in order to indulge in the sports.
Sharks bleed teal.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: April 11, 2008, 10:13:30 PM »
Sharks were SPEC-TAC-U-LAR last night. Nabby was the star of the game. They're off to Canada for games 3-4 then back here next Thursday. I guess I'm the only hockey fan aside from Mike. This game was better than Giants opening day!
Sharks bleed teal.

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: April 14, 2008, 09:45:00 AM »
Sharks were SPEC-TAC-U-LAR last night. Nabby was the star of the game. They're off to Canada for games 3-4 then back here next Thursday. I guess I'm the only hockey fan aside from Mike. This game was better than Giants opening day!

Not a huge fan, but I watch a little playoff hockey, root for the Sharks.  Glad you're having fun!
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: April 16, 2008, 09:39:28 AM »
Can't believe Ali or anyone else who's a bigger NHL fan than me has failed to post about last night's must have win in Calgary. Joe T. scoring the winning goal with 9.4 secs left in regulation to even up the series, doesn't get much more dramatic than that.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: April 16, 2008, 09:22:36 PM »
So I go away for a week, and I come back to finf the A's in first place! (Well, tied.)  OMGWTFLOL!

It's great to be back! Stories about the Great American Airlines Clusterf--k of 2008 to come!

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: April 16, 2008, 10:40:08 PM »
Can't believe Ali or anyone else who's a bigger NHL fan than me has failed to post about last night's must have win in Calgary. Joe T. scoring the winning goal with 9.4 secs left in regulation to even up the series, doesn't get much more dramatic than that.
Too busy to get to the computer. The win brought tears to my eyes. The goal that tied the game was great and I never expected a winning goal in regulation time. effin amazing!
I'm going to the game Thursday night and can feel the electricity already. Glad I'm not working so I can take the train down early and soak up some extra fun.
Sharks bleed teal.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: April 17, 2008, 09:26:14 AM »
So I go away for a week, and I come back to find the A's in first place! (Well, tied.)  OMGWTFLOL!

Go Athletics!

And how about my Cardinals?  I really thought they'd be worse than the G-men after all their off-season salary dumping and not having Carpenteer until mid-summer at best.   But here they are tied for the best record in the bigs after last night.

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: April 17, 2008, 09:38:53 AM »
So I go away for a week, and I come back to find the A's in first place! (Well, tied.)  OMGWTFLOL!

Go Athletics!

And how about my Cardinals?  I really thought they'd be worse than the G-men after all their off-season salary dumping and not having Carpenteer until mid-summer at best.   But here they are tied for the best record in the bigs after last night.

and of course the woeful Tigers are just the opposite.  I love it when the pundits are wrong!

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: April 17, 2008, 09:45:47 AM »

Go Athletics!

and of course the woeful Tigers are just the opposite.  I love it when the pundits are wrong!

Jayson Stark of ESPN is my favorite baseball writer, and he wrote that the Tigers are praying that they find out that Dontrelle Willis is actually injured in some way that they haven't detected yet, and not that he has just completely forgotten how to pitch.

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: April 18, 2008, 09:48:16 AM »
whoooo haaaaa
Sharks took the series lead last night. Tremendous fun, got filmed by a CBC hockey night guy while waiting for the doors to open. Hope Sharks win in Canada otherwise it'll be down to game 7 next week.
Sharks bleed teal.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: April 18, 2008, 09:56:01 PM »
My new sports crushes: legless sprinter Oscar Pastorius, and A's hanger-on Ryan Sweeney.  Sorry I only have a pic of the former to share:

“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: April 18, 2008, 09:57:01 PM »
whoooo haaaaa
Sharks took the series lead last night. Tremendous fun, got filmed by a CBC hockey night guy while waiting for the doors to open.

Whadja say?!?
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: April 19, 2008, 10:11:37 AM »
My new sports crushes: legless sprinter Oscar Pastorius, and A's hanger-on Ryan Sweeney.  Sorry I only have a pic of the former to share:

gives new meaning to the song "Wide-Eyed and Legless"...