Author Topic: The Sports Thread  (Read 415845 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: The Sports Thread
« Reply #1755 on: May 12, 2011, 08:57:08 PM »
Holee crap: Sharks pull it off after a nail-biter of a game (and series). They're goin' to the Conference Finals against Vancouver. And this was the last broadcast of the year for Randy & Drew -- Versus/NBC pick up the next round.

And in other news, the Giants are in first place!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: May 13, 2011, 02:47:34 PM »
Somehow I missed the news that the Oakland Coliseum is now the Overstock.com Coliseum::)

SFGuy

« Reply #1757 on: May 15, 2011, 06:52:44 PM »
High ranking sports executive comes out: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6553603

Also, hockey tough guy supports gay marriage: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?page=howard/110513

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: May 15, 2011, 07:02:44 PM »
High ranking sports executive comes out: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6553603

Also, hockey tough guy supports gay marriage: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?page=howard/110513

indeed, the gay sports blogosphere was abuzz with these stories this week; it was heartening to see how many sports types defended Avery and dumped on the Canadian sports agents who "tweeted" against same-sex marriage. (proving again that if you Tweet, you're a twit)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: May 19, 2011, 09:02:38 AM »

indeed, the gay sports blogosphere was abuzz with these stories this week; it was heartening to see how many sports types defended Avery and dumped on the Canadian sports agents who "tweeted" against same-sex marriage. (proving again that if you Tweet, you're a twit)

and yet another: Jared Max, morning radio host at NYC's 1050 ESPN (and former Sports Director of WCBS-AM) came out on the air today...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/2011/05/19/2011-05-19_espn_radios_jared_max_reveals_hes_gay_on_air_follows_announcement_of_rick_welts_.html

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: May 21, 2011, 06:42:21 PM »
Timm-eh gets a complete game shut-out, Giants beat A's 3-0.  Now if the Sharks can keep their momentum up tomorrow, this will be quite the Bay Area sports weekend.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: May 22, 2011, 11:57:02 AM »
Timm-eh gets a complete game shut-out, Giants beat A's 3-0.  Now if the Sharks can keep their momentum up tomorrow, this will be quite the Bay Area sports weekend.
It is truly awesome to watch him pitch.  There's no one like him.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: May 22, 2011, 12:10:40 PM »

Gaz, is the Jared Max story a topic of convo in NYC gay circles? (I'm quessing your average queen doesn't know him from Adam Corolla.) Not one but TWO threads about it (both supportive of Jared) were removed from the NYRMB by that putz Allan S.

Sharks/Canucks game just starting: am I the only one who gets a gay vibe from Darren Pang? He looks up so... adoringly at all the big hunky hockery players he interviews.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 06:41:10 PM by RGMike »

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: May 22, 2011, 01:10:49 PM »

Gaz, is the Jared Max story a topic of convo in NYC gay circles? (I'm quessing your average queen doesn't know him from Adam Corolla.) Not one but TWO threads about it (both supportive of Jared) were removed from the NYRMB by that putz Allan S******.

Actually, no - and I just spent yesterday with my gay-softball-league team.  Sorry to hear that AS is still a jerk.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: May 25, 2011, 12:17:41 PM »
how does that song go?  Do You Know The Way To Win, San Jose?

I was bummed, but good series, good season. 

We'll get 'em next year..!
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: May 27, 2011, 04:50:12 PM »
I'm still in a funk about Buster, but just noticed Shawn Estes is doing Giants pre-game stuff on Comcast. And looking quite good.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: May 28, 2011, 11:21:09 AM »
I'm still in a funk about Buster, but just noticed Shawn Estes is doing Giants pre-game stuff on Comcast. And looking quite good.
Ooh, I hope he's colorful.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: May 28, 2011, 11:25:00 AM »
Ooh, I hope he's colorful.

Well, he's no Eric Byrnes.  But not wearing a wedding ring as far as I could tell.

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: May 28, 2011, 04:35:46 PM »

He and JT Snow were quite the hotties back in the day.  Rich Aurilia and Bill Mueller weren't too shabby either.  ;)

I used to see Mike Piazza at my job a lot when he was with the A's.  He seemed "colorful" to me even though he would come in with his big ol' beard wife.  The outfits he would have on!  Jeez.  On second thought - he is from Jersey, isn't he?

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: May 28, 2011, 05:49:07 PM »

He and JT Snow were quite the hotties back in the day.  Rich Aurilia and Bill Mueller weren't too shabby either.  ;)

I used to see Mike Piazza at my job a lot when he was with the A's.  He seemed "colorful" to me even though he would come in with his big ol' beard wife.  The outfits he would have on!  Jeez.  On second thought - he is from Jersey, isn't he?

ROTFLSHIPMP!!! Mike the pre-Situation.