« on: May 04, 2005, 04:27:32 PM »
Sharks bleed teal.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Cream
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 04:29:36 PM »
Now on Deep Tracks, Why Does Love Got to be so Sad?
Sharks bleed teal.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Cream
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 10:29:34 PM »
Gaz:
You going to check out Cream at Madison Sq. Gdn next month? Is it totally sold out?
Sharks bleed teal.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Cream
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 10:36:38 PM »
Quote from: "Alicat"
Gaz:
You going to check out Cream at Madison Sq. Gdn next month? Is it totally sold out?

I've got no concert budget for the rest of 2005, alas.  Dunno if it's a sellout, but I'd be more interested in seeing McCartney at MSG.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Cream
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 10:42:32 PM »
I'd like to see Cream and McCartney. I looked at the seating chart on Ticketmaster for MSG. Looks bigger than anything I have ever been to.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Cream
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2005, 07:31:21 AM »
I'd like to see Cream and McCartney. I looked at the seating chart on Ticketmaster for MSG. Looks bigger than anything I have ever been to.

MSG seats 20,000 iirc.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Cream
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 08:57:12 AM »
Well, maybe not biggest then. For concerts at SBC, Pac Bell, when you include field seating, how many squeeze into the park? 50,000?
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Cream
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2005, 09:01:35 AM »
Well, maybe not biggest then. For concerts at SBC, Pac Bell, when you include field seating, how many squeeze into the park? 50,000?

I'm guessing not much more than its usual capacity which is around 42,000 -- if it's a standard stage (as it was for Springsteen) then the bleachers can't be used.  If it's "in the round" maybe a little more.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Cream
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2005, 09:55:57 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"

I'm guessing not much more than its usual capacity which is around 42,000 -- if it's a standard stage (as it was for Springsteen) then the bleachers can't be used.  If it's "in the round" maybe a little more.

I was told the sold-out Green Day show last week was in the neighborhood of 42K, so having people on the field balances out the lack of bleachers. Maybe a few thousand less when they have seating rather than GA on the field (Green Day had the latter).

Also, Shoreline is bigger than MSG--around 22K. 8000 in the seats, 14000 on the lawn.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Cream
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2005, 09:58:57 AM »
Quote from: "urth"

I was told the sold-out Green Day show last week was in the neighborhood of 42K, so having people on the field balances out the lack of bleachers. Maybe a few thousand less when they have seating rather than GA on the field (Green Day had the latter).

Also, Shoreline is bigger than MSG--around 22K. 8000 in the seats, 14000 on the lawn.

oddly, I've been to Concord Pav a bunch of times but never Shoreline.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Cream
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2005, 09:59:31 AM »
I want to see Cream. Anyone want to fly to NY for the Monday show? Bob refuses to consider it.
Sharks bleed teal.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Cream vs Sir Paul
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2005, 12:07:52 PM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
Gaz:
I've got no concert budget for the rest of 2005, alas.  Dunno if it's a sellout, but I'd be more interested in seeing McCartney at MSG.

I think this would be an illuminating  discussion; everyone would know they had the correct opinion!
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Cream
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2005, 02:12:34 PM »
Just got my Amazon shipment with CD and DVD from Royal Albert Hall. Immediately popped in CD. I thought I knew my Cream. NOT. Never heard most of disc one. Pressed Rat and Wart Hog; Sleepy Time, Time; Deserted Cities of the Heart. GREAT guitar.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Cream
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2005, 02:14:26 PM »
Just got my Amazon shipment with CD and DVD from Royal Albert Hall. Immediately popped in CD. I thought I knew my Cream. NOT. Never heard most of disc one. Pressed Rat and Wart Hog; Sleepy Time, Time; Deserted Cities of the Heart. GREAT guitar.

Now you know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Live Cream
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2005, 02:53:17 PM »
Now you know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall.

I was at Winterland when they recorded Wheels of Fire, but it was when I was in high school, before I started to play bass.  It's a whole different head. :lol:

It's like listening to Hendrix.  When I first heard Purple Haze, it was all this cosmic mess, but now it sounds like a guitar to me.  I wonder how it would have felt to see Cream, and have been a musician at the time.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!