Author Topic: Cream  (Read 11600 times)

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
watching Cream on PBS
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2005, 08:35:18 PM »
not too bad!  Jack Bruce is half-sitting on a stool!  Oy!  I get real tired sometimes too playing bass, but I find my rhythm suffers when I don't stand up.  I'm enjoying it, but the tone is a little too clean for me.  Tune it in when you can.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: Live Cream
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2007, 11:13:49 PM »
Quote from: "ggould"
Quote from: "RGMike"
Quote from: "Alicat"
Just got my Amazon shipment with CD and DVD from Royal Albert Hall. Immediately popped in CD. I thought I knew my Cream. NOT. Never heard most of disc one. Pressed Rat and Wart Hog; Sleepy Time, Time; Deserted Cities of the Heart. GREAT guitar.
Now you know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall.

I was at Winterland when they recorded Wheels of Fire, but it was when I was in high school, before I started to play bass.  It's a whole different head. :lol:

It's like listening to Hendrix.  When I first heard Purple Haze, it was all this cosmic mess, but now it sounds like a guitar to me.  I wonder how it would have felt to see Cream, and have been a musician at the time.

Don't know if anyone's online right now, but tune into 107.7 if you are.  Selvin is featuring Cream at the Winterland concert Geoff mentioned.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010