Author Topic: Gettin' Dutchie with it, Thursday 24 Feb  (Read 10735 times)

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Gettin' Dutchie with it, Thursday 24 Feb
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2005, 12:51:28 PM »
on CG: "Lost in France" by Bonnie Tyler, a UK hit that pre-dates "It's A Heartache". Another new one on me.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2005, 02:32:02 PM »
Eamonn on CG just interviewed a rather drunk-sounding woman who said she was literally a David Cassidy groupie when she was 16. Do Tell!

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2005, 02:42:43 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
Eamonn on CG just interviewed a rather drunk-sounding woman who said she was literally a David Cassidy groupie when she was 16. Do Tell!

Yeah, I heard that.  Got the impression that she was making it up as she went along.  And I hope she was: otherwise "Could It Be Forever" makes for kind of a tragic request ...
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2005, 03:14:03 PM »
CG plays Edwin Collins, "A Girl Like You" o ne of my fave '90s singles. Apprently he's seriously ill following a brain hemmorage...

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2005, 08:40:23 PM »
CG plays Edwin Collins, "A Girl Like You" o ne of my fave '90s singles. Apprently he's seriously ill following a brain hemmorage...

Yeah, I'm wishing him well, hoping he has as quick a recovery as Paul Kantner had from his 1980 hemmorage.

Anyone else think "A Girl Like You" was Bowie the first time they heard it?
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2005, 10:05:56 PM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"

Hmmm... no. I always thought it was more '60s hommage than '70s.  But funnily enough, I stopped into Arinell pizza on Valencia tonight for my weekly slice of real NY style (yum) and they were watching the Ziggy Stardust movie on a small TV/VCR combo. And of course the Klaus Nomi docu features the clip of Bowie on SNL doing "Man Who Sold the World".

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2005, 07:42:38 AM »

Hmmm... no. I always thought it was more '60s hommage than '70s.  But funnily enough, I stopped into Arinell pizza on Valencia tonight for my weekly slice of real NY style (yum) and they were watching the Ziggy Stardust movie on a small TV/VCR combo. And of course the Klaus Nomi docu features the clip of Bowie on SNL doing "Man Who Sold the World".

Arinell, eh?  Never been.  My favorite "NY style" pizza was Escape From New York Pizza on Haight.  But by far my favorite pizza in NY came from Nizario's at Castro & 18th.

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2005, 08:01:28 AM »

Arinell, eh?  Never been.  My favorite "NY style" pizza was Escape From New York Pizza on Haight.  But by far my favorite pizza in NY came from Nizario's at Castro & 18th.

But Escape From NY is too thick to be truly "NY Style", no?  Arinell is like being in the Bronx. And next week I'm trying (for the first time) Amici's the "East Coast Pizza" that Ralph Barbieri sings the praises of on KNBR.