Author Topic: KFOG A-to-Z 2015  (Read 22832 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KFOG A-to-Z 2015
« on: January 12, 2015, 07:50:43 AM »
Dunno how much action this thread will see, but here it is.

Heard the first 45 mins today, they started with "a" songs ("A Girl...", "A Long..." etc). In that first 45 mins, the oldest song I heard was Romeo Void "A Girl in Trouble". I suspect this will be the rule throughout -- very little '60s or '70s. 
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG A-to-Z 2015
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 09:49:16 AM »

Heard the first 45 mins today, they started with "a" songs ("A Girl...", "A Long..." etc). In that first 45 mins, the oldest song I heard was Romeo Void "A Girl in Trouble". I suspect this will be the rule throughout -- very little '60s or '70s.

Already Gone! Love yer '70's!
Slipping into something
And out of something else

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 09:53:05 AM »

"AG" is very much a consultant-approved oldie, so not a surprise. I heard it on The Bone over the weekend, in fact.

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 09:53:34 AM »

9:51 A.M.: American Girl and the 10@10 vigil continues.
Slipping into something

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 10:13:54 AM »

American Woman: If only '90's (Kravitz) were '60's (Jan. '70). Not that AW is The Guess Who's finest moment, but Kravitz's version is an F/F on the good/necessary covers scale.
Slipping into something

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 10:22:58 AM »

American Woman: If only '90's (Kravitz) were '60's (Jan. '70). Not that AW is The Guess Who's finest moment, but Kravitz's version is an F/F on the good/necessary covers scale.

Fully concur.

As mentioned on FB, I don't really mind the A to Z, as long as it's not done too often (once a year seems appropriate).

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 10:28:21 AM »

Fully concur.

As mentioned on FB, I don't really mind the A to Z, as long as it's not done too often (once a year seems appropriate).

I've always enjoyed it, esp when they've done a really long one (10-12 days worth); those "let's get it all done in exactly a week" ones, notsomuch. But with '60s and '70s cut way back, I'll be surprised if this goes more than 8 days.

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 10:37:53 AM »

Fully concur.

I've always enjoyed it, esp when they've done a really long one (10-12 days worth); those "let's get it all done in exactly a week" ones, notsomuch. But with '60s and '70s cut way back, I'll be surprised if this goes more than 8 days.

The worst is when it starts out as if it's going to be exhaustive, but then it appears somebody realizes how long it'll take, and it suddenly accelerates. If somehow they could stretch it out to the Super Bowl....

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 10:46:22 AM »

Fully concur.

The worst is when it starts out as if it's going to be exhaustive, but then it appears somebody realizes how long it'll take, and it suddenly accelerates. If somehow they could stretch it out to the Super Bowl....

How do they pick the songs? It can't just be songs in the rotation right now, can it?
Slipping into something

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2015, 10:48:33 AM »
I've heard the Hooters twice in an hour: All You Zombies plus And We Danced. Hopefully, they're done now.
Slipping into something

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 10:51:46 AM »
I've heard the Hooters twice in an hour: All You Zombies plus And We Danced. Hopefully, they're done now.

Will have to play it Day By Day.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2015, 11:01:00 AM »
How do they pick the songs? It can't just be songs in the rotation right now, can it?

it's always been a combination of "Foghead Faves", songs that make them look cool for playing them, songs that hit the target demos, and (more recently) songs that usually appear only on 10@10.  This morning I heard Duran2 "A View to a Kill", which I can't recall ever coming up outside of 10@10.

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2015, 11:42:38 AM »

it's always been a combination of "Foghead Faves", songs that make them look cool for playing them, songs that hit the target demos, and (more recently) songs that usually appear only on 10@10.  This morning I heard Duran2 "A View to a Kill", which I can't recall ever coming up outside of 10@10.

I'm hearing plenty of '70's: Angie and (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes double shot, Another Brick in the Wall and Another One Bites the Dust double shot, Another Tricky Day. Any Way You Want It is on the way. Love My KFOG A-Z! (Some of these songs are '80 or '81, I know)
Slipping into something

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2015, 11:56:02 AM »

I'm hearing plenty of '70's: Angie and (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes double shot, Another Brick in the Wall and Another One Bites the Dust double shot, Another Tricky Day. Any Way You Want It is on the way. Love My KFOG A-Z! (Some of these songs are '80 or '81, I know)

OK, I guess it was just a function of how the alphabet fell.  I'm thinking of A-Z's past, where it seemed like every other song was a deep Steely Dan LP cut. Those days, I'd wager. are gone.

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2015, 11:58:44 AM »

OK, I guess it was just a function of how the alphabet fell.  I'm thinking of A-Z's past, where it seemed like every other song was a deep Steely Dan LP cut. Those days, I'd wager. are gone.

Oh, those '70's. Yeah, we're not gonna hear any of that. Speaking of gonna, Are You Gonna Be My Girl? Are You Gonna Go My Way? Love my '70's retro!
Slipping into something