Author Topic: Music & Advertising: 'interesting' combinations  (Read 230752 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: Music & Advertising: 'interesting' combinations
« Reply #420 on: January 04, 2014, 06:02:18 PM »
saddest thing I've ever posted in this thread: Train's "Drive-By" used in a commercial for Nationwide Insurance.  Nationwide is not on my side.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 12, 2014, 05:59:28 PM »
the 'oo, "Join Together" for Sony.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 29, 2014, 08:04:21 AM »
Rod and others who are fond of typing "cow orker" here will appreciate this meme: Colbert did a bit Monday nite, re: the fact that the NFL will sue you if you say "Super Bowl" without permission.  So he's doing a week of shows celebrating "Superb Owl XLVII".

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 29, 2014, 11:02:51 AM »
Rod and others who are fond of typing "cow orker" here will appreciate this meme: Colbert did a bit Monday nite, re: the fact that the NFL will sue you if you say "Super Bowl" without permission.  So he's doing a week of shows celebrating "Superb Owl XLVII".

I've heard that even people using only the roman numerals XLVIII are getting calls from NFL lawyers. Sheesh!
Let's get right to it.

dischead

• The Core
  • kiloposter
  • Honorary Knight of the Command Line
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 29, 2014, 11:04:17 PM »

I've heard that even people using only the roman numerals XLVIII are getting calls from NFL lawyers. Sheesh!

"Cow orker" obviously stems from a typing error and has been an Internet meme for around
twenty years.  I wager it began in some usenet discussion group, and if Google hadn't ruined
their archive into an unusable pile of dung with the latest version, I'd try looking for its earliest
occurence.

The IOC et. al. are even bigger dicks about "protecting their brand."  They went after businesses
in London who used "2012" on signs.  One of many reasons why I have come to despise the
Olympics.

"Your favorite songs, played beautifully"

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 30, 2014, 12:44:35 PM »

"Cow orker" obviously stems from a typing error and has been an Internet meme for around
twenty years.  I wager it began in some usenet discussion group, and if Google hadn't ruined
their archive into an unusable pile of dung with the latest version, I'd try looking for its earliest
occurence.

The IOC et. al. are even bigger dicks about "protecting their brand."  They went after businesses
in London who used "2012" on signs.  One of many reasons why I have come to despise the
Olympics.

I think I first learned of "cow orker" on this board -- I think it was first introduced by mshray, though I might be misremembering.  I'm not sure why it appeals to me, but it does.

and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 30, 2014, 01:01:43 PM »

occurence.

Olympics.

I think I first learned of "cow orker" on this board -- I think it was first introduced by mshray, though I might be misremembering.  I'm not sure why it appeals to me, but it does.

I believe there is a thread somewhere on this site entitled "The Cow Orker Thread".

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 31, 2014, 02:20:22 PM »

occurence.

Olympics.

My recollection agrees with Rod. I couldn't remember if it was Mark or Rod that first used it, but if Rod says it was Mark then it probably was. I think it did originate with a mis-typed space, about 10-12 years back. Could have come from elsewhere but this was the first place I saw it in use.
Let's get right to it.

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 31, 2014, 08:13:23 PM »
Somebody covering K.T. Tunstall's "Suddenly I See" for Walmart. Blorf.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 01, 2014, 09:25:53 AM »
Somebody covering K.T. Tunstall's "Suddenly I See" for Walmart. Blorf.

They've been using what I assumed was the original version for several years. Maybe the option finally ran out?

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 03, 2014, 06:41:40 PM »
Sylvester's "Mighty Real" for Target.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 03, 2014, 08:27:38 PM »
Sylvester's "Mighty Real" for Target.

shoulda changed it to Mighty Deal  .... because of the impressive savings and value ...
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 18, 2014, 09:04:40 PM »
3DN for B of A: "Shambala"

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 22, 2014, 07:40:14 PM »
Heard a radio spot on Magic 98 for some product that cures bad breath in dogs -- NutraDent Complete -- and they were using "Love Stinks". Oy.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 08:21:58 PM by RGMike »

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 03, 2014, 08:09:49 PM »
DM's "Just Can't Get Enough" for Yoplait.