Author Topic: I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life  (Read 263939 times)

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life
« Reply #270 on: May 21, 2008, 03:26:55 PM »
just back from senegal. here are the first impressions:
http://ameliaraymusic.blogspot.com/
I've never been to Africa, but it makes me feel like I'm there!  Good writing indeed.

well, i don't feel as if it's africa. i think there are far deeper places to pursue. but this is certainly one of europe's gateways...

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 01, 2008, 09:34:28 PM »
Between me being without access during the day Mon-Thurs, and urth making his exit, things should be pretty damn quiet this week. I hope whoever *is* around will document well; hope to catch up with any worthwhile sets on their respective replays.  Thanks all!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #272 on: June 01, 2008, 11:00:46 PM »
Between me being without access during the day Mon-Thurs, and urth making his exit, things should be pretty damn quiet this week. I hope whoever *is* around will document well; hope to catch up with any worthwhile sets on their respective replays.  Thanks all!
one more week of school, then I'll be occasionally able to post live.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 01, 2008, 11:40:21 PM »
I'll be popping in and out. Coming to SF Monday to see Dad who's having serious surgery next week. Tuesday I have a 10am interview. Second time at this company. Didn't make the cut for the first job I interviewed for last month so hoping this time they see the value in me ( I got asked in based on an employee referral). I'm prepping now for it. I have a 30-day trial of the app I need to be up to speed on and I'm going thru tutorials. Wed. I should be at the computer but I'm hoping to come to SF again for the Giants day game so might cut out early. I'm really enjoying time off work but it's time consuming searching for something new. I'm also feeling the financial pinch of less income.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 02, 2008, 08:21:50 AM »
I'll be popping in and out. Coming to SF Monday to see Dad who's having serious surgery next week. Tuesday I have a 10am interview. Second time at this company. Didn't make the cut for the first job I interviewed for last month so hoping this time they see the value in me ( I got asked in based on an employee referral). I'm prepping now for it. I have a 30-day trial of the app I need to be up to speed on and I'm going thru tutorials. Wed. I should be at the computer but I'm hoping to come to SF again for the Giants day game so might cut out early. I'm really enjoying time off work but it's time consuming searching for something new. I'm also feeling the financial pinch of less income.

Good Luck Alicat!!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 02, 2008, 08:29:21 AM »
Alicat, best wishes on the interview and for your father's health.

Mike, hope work goes well as you take the car and drive to San Jose (whoa-oh-oh).

Urth, safe travels to you guys, let us know you made it in one piece!

Geoff, happy impending start of vacation!

Now, who'd I miss?   8)
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 02, 2008, 12:43:44 PM »
Alicat, best wishes on the interview and for your father's health.

Mike, hope work goes well as you take the car and drive to San Jose (whoa-oh-oh).

Urth, safe travels to you guys, let us know you made it in one piece!

Geoff, happy impending start of vacation!

Now, who'd I miss?   8)

ditto to all!

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 02, 2008, 03:29:28 PM »
OK, guys, I'm out of here, as far as CNET is concerned. Not sure if I'll be online much at all the rest of this week, so the next you hear from me will be from the wilds of Oregon. Thanks, all, for the good wishes. I'm off!
Let's get right to it.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 02, 2008, 09:33:58 PM »
OK, guys, I'm out of here, as far as CNET is concerned. Not sure if I'll be online much at all the rest of this week, so the next you hear from me will be from the wilds of Oregon. Thanks, all, for the good wishes. I'm off!
BEST WISHES!!!! Safe travels.
Sharks bleed teal.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 05, 2008, 10:07:32 AM »

Ali - how is your dad?...and how'd the interview go?
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 06, 2008, 09:59:35 AM »

I'll call you after the set. Fingers crossed for job. Interview was 2-1/2 hours and 5 people. Handful of other candidates. Should hear Monday or Tuesday.
Sharks bleed teal.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 06, 2008, 10:44:35 AM »

I'll call you after the set. Fingers crossed for job. Interview was 2-1/2 hours and 5 people. Handful of other candidates. Should hear Monday or Tuesday.

I've got an 11:00 call, maybe catch you later in the afternoon.  I'll keep thinking of you for the job.

--Carlos Santana, 2010

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 10, 2008, 12:24:17 AM »
Well, we made it. Finally got my internet functioning today (Verizon not the best in the tech support dept, more on that later), but at last it's working. Thursday's '79 was the last set I heard over the air, as we were driving out of town that morning. Actually didn't hear it all--the signal became unlistenable during the Pink Floyd tune as we were heading north on 505, just before we hit I-5. I was barely able to identify Rise after a couple minutes of trying, then it was gone. The drive north was uneventful, just really freakin' long.

More to tell, but it's late and I need sleep. Hope to join you one morning this week, if the good lord's willin' and the crick don't rise.
cheers,
Oregon Urth
Let's get right to it.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 10, 2008, 09:43:12 AM »
Well, we made it. Finally got my internet functioning today (Verizon not the best in the tech support dept, more on that later), but at last it's working. Thursday's '79 was the last set I heard over the air, as we were driving out of town that morning. Actually didn't hear it all--the signal became unlistenable during the Pink Floyd tune as we were heading north on 505, just before we hit I-5. I was barely able to identify Rise after a couple minutes of trying, then it was gone. The drive north was uneventful, just really freakin' long.

More to tell, but it's late and I need sleep. Hope to join you one morning this week, if the good lord's willin' and the crick don't rise.
cheers,
Oregon Urth

Glad you made it safely!  Keep us posted.  You missed a great set Friday on the Bo Diddley beat, but by now you probably know that.

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 10, 2008, 09:50:35 AM »

cheers,
Oregon Urth
Glad you made it safely. Homesick for SF yet? You're missing a week of gorgeous weather.
Sharks bleed teal.