Author Topic: I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life  (Read 264107 times)

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
Re: I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life
« Reply #660 on: September 14, 2011, 05:14:45 PM »
Some of you may have noticed via FB that I flew home on Monday after planning on being in San Diego for a week. My mom passed away yesterday. Aug 12 Dad, Sept 13 Mom. Wow. I knew she wasn't well but things took a bad turn and I repacked in 10 minutes and got a quick flight home. Good support from everyone I work with, they made all my arrangements and I just needed to get to the airport gate. I think I'll be busy doing all the needed "stuff" over the coming months and really need my December vacation. Today is a day at the computer and errands. Gotta clean out my mom's email. Shouldn't be much fun. I want Chinese food.

Oh no :(  I'm very sorry.  My thoughts are with you.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: September 21, 2011, 10:01:34 AM »
Ali, just read the news; I am so sorry.  I hope you're holding up OK.

I've been off the board for well over a week tending to drama in my own household.  But I wanted to share some good news - I've had another story published by TIME.com: the Top 10 date-specific songs.  Do you remember the 21st night of September?

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2094071_2094069,00.html
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: September 21, 2011, 10:17:05 AM »
Ali, just read the news; I am so sorry.  I hope you're holding up OK.

I've been off the board for well over a week tending to drama in my own household.  But I wanted to share some good news - I've had another story published by TIME.com: the Top 10 date-specific songs.  Do you remember the 21st night of September?

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2094071_2094069,00.html

TANC: AL just played it.  Congrats, my friend.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: September 23, 2011, 10:42:13 PM »
Ali, just read the news; I am so sorry.  I hope you're holding up OK.

I've been off the board for well over a week tending to drama in my own household.  But I wanted to share some good news - I've had another story published by TIME.com: the Top 10 date-specific songs.  Do you remember the 21st night of September?

TANC: AL just played it.  Congrats, my friend.
Nice. Convoy. Good flashback.
Sharks bleed teal.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: September 24, 2011, 07:31:18 AM »
Ali, just read the news; I am so sorry.  I hope you're holding up OK.

I've been off the board for well over a week tending to drama in my own household.  But I wanted to share some good news - I've had another story published by TIME.com: the Top 10 date-specific songs.  Do you remember the 21st night of September?

TANC: AL just played it.  Congrats, my friend.
Nice. Convoy. Good flashback.

I'm glad it was able to give you some amusing distraction.  You holding up OK?
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: September 24, 2011, 11:08:20 AM »
Mark your calendars!  My son's preschool is having their 41st annual auction benefit on Saturday, November 5th (6-10pm) at the Janet Pomeroy Center near Lake Merced.  Tickets are $20/pair and $10 for a bottomless glass of wine or beer.  Gourmet food, and live music, to boot!   ;)

There's over 1000 auction items, including a Maui getaway, a week at a Paris apartment (great location), amongst many quality items.  

If you're interested in going and or have something to donate, please let me know! (I can provide a formal letter and or tax ID info)  Oh, and I think a "special KFOG personality" will (hopefully) emcee the event.  To be confirmed.  Fingers crossed!

I would love for you all to be there.  Maybe we can make this a club get-together!   :) :D ;D

*I'll post a link to the online auction catalog as soon as it's up.  I'm the person processing all the items...there's some good stuff with low starting bid prices.

Renee from the KFOG Morning Show will emcee the live auction part of our event!  Confirmed!  For the record, I approached AL first and she pretty much agreed to do it.  But then I found out that Renee went to auctioneering school.  Our preschool really pushed for Renee upon hearing that.  I'm hoping AL will show up anyway.  Hope you guys can too!  It's gonna be great fun with fabulous merchandise.  Let me know if and when you'd like to buy tickets.

Oh, and a big thanks to Lattegirl for hooking us up!   :)

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: September 24, 2011, 07:12:29 PM »
Mark your calendars!  My son's preschool is having their 41st annual auction benefit on Saturday, November 5th (6-10pm) at the Janet Pomeroy Center near Lake Merced.  Tickets are $20/pair and $10 for a bottomless glass of wine or beer.  Gourmet food, and live music, to boot!   ;)

There's over 1000 auction items, including a Maui getaway, a week at a Paris apartment (great location), amongst many quality items.  

If you're interested in going and or have something to donate, please let me know! (I can provide a formal letter and or tax ID info)  Oh, and I think a "special KFOG personality" will (hopefully) emcee the event.  To be confirmed.  Fingers crossed!

I would love for you all to be there.  Maybe we can make this a club get-together!   :) :D ;D

*I'll post a link to the online auction catalog as soon as it's up.  I'm the person processing all the items...there's some good stuff with low starting bid prices.

Renee from the KFOG Morning Show will emcee the live auction part of our event!  Confirmed!  For the record, I approached AL first and she pretty much agreed to do it.  But then I found out that Renee went to auctioneering school.  Our preschool really pushed for Renee upon hearing that.  I'm hoping AL will show up anyway.  Hope you guys can too!  It's gonna be great fun with fabulous merchandise.  Let me know if and when you'd like to buy tickets.

Sounds like fun! I can't give you more than a "Definitely Maybe" at this point, but I'll keep it in mind.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: September 24, 2011, 09:07:59 PM »

Sounds like fun! I can't give you more than a "Definitely Maybe" at this point, but I'll keep it in mind.

I've put it on my social calendar!

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: September 25, 2011, 12:15:08 AM »

I've put it on my social calendar!
Wrote down on my calendar but pls post a reminder.
Sharks bleed teal.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: September 25, 2011, 11:20:22 PM »

Sounds like it should be an evening to remember! Wish I could be there, but the commute from OR would be a bitch. Hope it's a rousing success for the cause!
Let's get right to it.

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 01, 2011, 12:24:27 PM »

Sounds like it should be an evening to remember! Wish I could be there, but the commute from OR would be a bitch. Hope it's a rousing success for the cause!
I forgot to mention that the dad who is in charge of the food/kitchen during the event is the head chef at Zuni Cafe.  Some of the food and wine was donated by Zuni, as well as other fab SF establishments.   :)

Here's where you can start previewing the auction items.  It's constantly being updated, so keep checking back:  http://www.glenridgecoop.org/auction/

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 13, 2011, 11:32:05 PM »
Queue The GoGos -- vacation, all I ever wanted. 

I am gone fishin' once again, "see" y'all in a little over a week.

I'll save ya' some smoked trout, it really is awesome.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: October 14, 2011, 07:11:43 AM »

"Vacation, haaaad to get awaaaay..."

Have a fab one!  Mmm...smoked trout...   :)

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 14, 2011, 09:16:47 AM »

Happy Trails!
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 14, 2011, 09:44:48 AM »

Happy Trails!

indeed! Hope the weather's good!