Author Topic: I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life  (Read 264058 times)

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life
« Reply #645 on: September 02, 2011, 10:43:56 AM »
Computer doctor just left, taking my CPU with him. Apparently I have a damaged hard drive. Luckily I've got the netbook.
Isn't your PC a somewhat newish acquisition?  boo hiss for damage.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: September 02, 2011, 05:27:10 PM »
Computer doctor just left, taking my CPU with him. Apparently I have a damaged hard drive. Luckily I've got the netbook.
Isn't your PC a somewhat newish acquisition?  boo hiss for damage.

yes, it's about 18 months old. Looks like it was damaged from day one and every time I use it ... it gets worse.  But he seemed to think he can transfer the data to a replacement hard drive -- don't wanna think about what that costs.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: September 09, 2011, 10:46:49 AM »
Alicat out next week. Biz trip to San Diego. Not much time for social media other than mobile FB.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: September 09, 2011, 10:50:13 AM »
Alicat out next week. Biz trip to San Diego. Not much time for social media other than mobile FB.

we'll miss ya, baby. Time to get in a Padres game? ;)

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: September 09, 2011, 12:03:53 PM »

we'll miss ya, baby. Time to get in a Padres game? ;)
You know I looked. Padres are HERE! 
I am going to what is probably the LAST game of the season. Day game Sept 28. I have my Sharks games lined up.
Sharks bleed teal.

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: September 10, 2011, 05:52:54 PM »
Mark your calendars!  My son's preschool is having their 41st annual auction benefit on Saturday, November 5th (6-10pm) at the Janet Pomeroy Center near Lake Merced.  Tickets are $20/pair and $10 for a bottomless glass of wine or beer.  Gourmet food, and live music, to boot!   ;)

There's over 1000 auction items, including a Maui getaway, a week at a Paris apartment (great location), amongst many quality items.  

If you're interested in going and or have something to donate, please let me know! (I can provide a formal letter and or tax ID info)  Oh, and I think a "special KFOG personality" will (hopefully) emcee the event.  To be confirmed.  Fingers crossed!

I would love for you all to be there.  Maybe we can make this a club get-together!   :) :D ;D

*I'll post a link to the online auction catalog as soon as it's up.  I'm the person processing all the items...there's some good stuff with low starting bid prices.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 05:58:29 PM by sundaygal »

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: September 10, 2011, 06:53:56 PM »
Mark your calendars!  My son's preschool is having their 41st annual auction benefit on Saturday, November 5th (6-10pm) at the Janet Pomeroy Center near Lake Merced.  Tickets are $20/pair and $10 for a bottomless glass of wine or beer.  Gourmet food, and live music, to boot!   ;)

There's over 1000 auction items, including a Maui getaway, a week at a Paris apartment (great location), amongst many quality items. 

If you're interested in going and or have something to donate, please let me know! (I can provide a formal letter and or tax ID info)  Oh, and I think a "special KFOG personality" will (hopefully) emcee the event.  To be confirmed.  Fingers crossed!

I would love for you all to be there.  Maybe we can make this a club get-together!   :) :D ;D

*I'll post a link to the online auction catalog as soon as it's up.  I'm the person processing all the items...there's some good stuff with low starting bid prices.

this sounds pretty cool!  Yes, please keep us posted...
~CPL593H~

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: September 14, 2011, 10:13:15 AM »
Some of you may have noticed via FB that I flew home on Monday after planning on being in San Diego for a week. My mom passed away yesterday. Aug 12 Dad, Sept 13 Mom. Wow. I knew she wasn't well but things took a bad turn and I repacked in 10 minutes and got a quick flight home. Good support from everyone I work with, they made all my arrangements and I just needed to get to the airport gate. I think I'll be busy doing all the needed "stuff" over the coming months and really need my December vacation. Today is a day at the computer and errands. Gotta clean out my mom's email. Shouldn't be much fun. I want Chinese food.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: September 14, 2011, 10:29:26 AM »
Some of you may have noticed via FB that I flew home on Monday after planning on being in San Diego for a week. My mom passed away yesterday. Aug 12 Dad, Sept 13 Mom. Wow. I knew she wasn't well but things took a bad turn and I repacked in 10 minutes and got a quick flight home. Good support from everyone I work with, they made all my arrangements and I just needed to get to the airport gate. I think I'll be busy doing all the needed "stuff" over the coming months and really need my December vacation. Today is a day at the computer and errands. Gotta clean out my mom's email. Shouldn't be much fun. I want Chinese food.

OMG, Ali. Words fail me. Hang in there.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: September 14, 2011, 10:32:50 AM »

oh man.. so sorry, AliCat.
~CPL593H~

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: September 14, 2011, 10:37:31 AM »
Aww, lady.  So sorry to hear this.  I'd want Chinese food and a vat of Haagen Daz, too.  Hang in there.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: September 14, 2011, 11:07:19 AM »

Wow, that's hard. Sending you good vibes and strength. Best to your family, too.
Let's get right to it.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #657 on: September 14, 2011, 11:20:28 AM »
Double-whammy.  Take care of yourself first, things will work out, they have to!  {{{{Alicat}}}}
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: September 14, 2011, 11:38:11 AM »

I am so sorry Ali... take care.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: September 14, 2011, 03:54:02 PM »

Oh man Alison, I am truly sorry this has happened. I'm sure you helped them become very proud of the lives they lived.