Author Topic: I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life  (Read 263924 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life
« Reply #570 on: February 25, 2011, 07:44:21 PM »

"Hey, don't knock masturbation. It's sex with someone I love." -- Alvy Singer

Countess: You are the greatest lover I've ever had.

Boris: Well, I practice a lot when I'm alone
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: February 25, 2011, 08:01:17 PM »
My almost 14 y/o boy is asking for the SI swimsuit issue. He saw me looking at it at the store yesterday. Cover is hot. Bob did not want him to have it.  Not ready to deal with this. I guess he's old enough, I just don't want to think he's looking at that. Any redeeeming sports articles in it?  aaarrrggghhhhh.

OTOH, it's a good thing that he asked you, no?
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: February 28, 2011, 03:31:44 PM »
Well, lookie here: I won a KFOG contest!  Anyone wanna come with me?

Congratulations, Foghead!

You've won a pair of passes to a KFOG Private Concert with Brett Dennen in the KFOG PlaySpace this Friday, March 4, 11am.  You and your guest should plan to arrive at KFOG at 10:30am, as the show will start promptly at 11am.  Your name will be on the guestlist, so please be sure to bring photo ID and check in with the KFOG representative in the 10th floor lobby.

The KFOG Playspace is located at KFOG Radio on 55 Hawthorne St., 10th Floor, in San Francisco.  By the way, if for any reason you are unable to attend, please email Allie at allie.forster@cumulus.com so we can select another winner.

Congratulations again, and thanks for listening to World Class Rock on 104.5 San Francisco and 97.7 San Jose — the Bay Area's KFOG!  We'll see you Friday!

Cheers.

KFOG Promotions
Sheri Nelson
Brian Comstock
Allie Forster
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 28, 2011, 03:38:41 PM »

Did you enter this specifically or is it an amazing coinkydink? Talk about yer TANC!

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 28, 2011, 09:35:30 PM »

Did you enter this specifically or is it an amazing coinkydink? Talk about yer TANC!

I entered it on a whim since I knew I'd be in town that day.  Never thought I'd actually win.

Seriously, any of you want to be my guest?

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: March 01, 2011, 08:26:28 AM »
I could conceivably make it.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 01, 2011, 09:35:37 AM »

If Shray can't make it, I can. 

(Gaz: I sent you a msg with some contact details)
~CPL593H~

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 01, 2011, 10:08:48 AM »

Congratulations, Foghead!

You've won a pair of passes to a KFOG Private Concert with Brett Dennen in the KFOG PlaySpace this Friday, March 4, 11am.  You and your guest should plan to arrive at KFOG at 10:30am, as the show will start promptly at 11am.  Your name will be on the guestlist, so please be sure to bring photo ID and check in with the KFOG representative in the 10th floor lobby.

The KFOG Playspace is located at KFOG Radio on 55 Hawthorne St., 10th Floor, in San Francisco.  By the way, if for any reason you are unable to attend, please email Allie at allie.forster@cumulus.com so we can select another winner.

Congratulations again, and thanks for listening to World Class Rock on 104.5 San Francisco and 97.7 San Jose — the Bay Area's KFOG!  We'll see you Friday!

Cheers.

KFOG Promotions
Sheri Nelson
Brian Comstock
Allie Forster

That is absolutely WONDERFUL. What a great event to have on your trip here! Getting together Sunday?????
Sharks bleed teal.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: March 01, 2011, 10:57:02 AM »

I think I probly can't now, looks like I got a job interview...which is good.  So why don't you move yourself to the top of the list TC.

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: March 01, 2011, 11:27:46 PM »

I think I probly can't now, looks like I got a job interview...which is good.  So why don't you move yourself to the top of the list TC.

John, check your email.  All systems are go.

And it turns out my roommate is a *huge* fan of Brett Dennen, so I'm getting a good primer on his work.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 03, 2011, 12:23:37 PM »
Wow.  Over the past decade I've been frequently asked in interviews what my favorite job was & my response was always to describe my very first Sili Valley job.  Today's company is far & away the closest fit since then.   :) :o :) :o

And...I was told three things on my way out the door:

a)  the hiring mgr, VP of Bus. Dev., is currently a one-man-show, and is desperate (both according to what the HR lady told me & what I saw this AM F2F with him) & he apologized for getting off-topic so much during the interview & at the end said "I really liked talking to you."

b)  they have one candidate they've talked to that they like, but is not local to the BA, so would require relocation.  Caity the HR lady said, "This is good for you."

c)  the only other candidate they are considering still hasn't replied with an appointment time, and if they can't schedule it by close of business tomorrow that's it.  They told me that they will make an offer on Monday to somebody no matter what.

Hope Hope!

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 03, 2011, 12:29:20 PM »
Wow.  Over the past decade I've been frequently asked in interviews what my favorite job was & my response was always to describe my very first Sili Valley job.  Today's company is far & away the closest fit since then.   :) :o :) :o

a)  the hiring mgr, VP of Bus. Dev., is currently a one-man-show, and is desperate (both according to what the HR lady told me & what I saw this AM F2F with him) & he apologized for getting off-topic so much during the interview & at the end said "I really liked talking to you."

b)  they have one candidate they've talked to that they like, but is not local to the BA, so would require relocation.  Caity the HR lady said, "This is good for you."

c)  the only other candidate they are considering still hasn't replied with an appointment time, and if they can't schedule it by close of business tomorrow that's it.  They told me that they will make an offer on Monday to somebody no matter what.

Hope Hope!

sounds really nice, Shray!  I hope they give you this chance -- they won't be sorry.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 12:35:58 PM by Tinka_Cat »
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 03, 2011, 12:38:16 PM »
Wow.  Over the past decade I've been frequently asked in interviews what my favorite job was & my response was always to describe my very first Sili Valley job.  Today's company is far & away the closest fit since then.   :) :o :) :o

a)  the hiring mgr, VP of Bus. Dev., is currently a one-man-show, and is desperate (both according to what the HR lady told me & what I saw this AM F2F with him) & he apologized for getting off-topic so much during the interview & at the end said "I really liked talking to you."

b)  they have one candidate they've talked to that they like, but is not local to the BA, so would require relocation.  Caity the HR lady said, "This is good for you."

c)  the only other candidate they are considering still hasn't replied with an appointment time, and if they can't schedule it by close of business tomorrow that's it.  They told me that they will make an offer on Monday to somebody no matter what.

Hope Hope!

sounds really nice, Shray!  I hope they give you this chance -- they won't be sorry.

Indeed, sounds good. We're rooting for ya!

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 03, 2011, 01:34:55 PM »
Wow.  Over the past decade I've been frequently asked in interviews what my favorite job was & my response was always to describe my very first Sili Valley job.  Today's company is far & away the closest fit since then.   :) :o :) :o

a)  the hiring mgr, VP of Bus. Dev., is currently a one-man-show, and is desperate (both according to what the HR lady told me & what I saw this AM F2F with him) & he apologized for getting off-topic so much during the interview & at the end said "I really liked talking to you."

b)  they have one candidate they've talked to that they like, but is not local to the BA, so would require relocation.  Caity the HR lady said, "This is good for you."

c)  the only other candidate they are considering still hasn't replied with an appointment time, and if they can't schedule it by close of business tomorrow that's it.  They told me that they will make an offer on Monday to somebody no matter what.

Hope Hope!
Sounds very promising  :) :) Hope it works out.
Sharks bleed teal.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 03, 2011, 11:34:10 PM »

Hope Hope!

Here's hoping! They'd be lucky to snag you!  (And were it to come to pass, it would mean the last 10 days or so have been pretty eventful for you on the employment scene, if you get my drift.)
Let's get right to it.