Author Topic: I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life  (Read 264034 times)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life
« Reply #540 on: October 12, 2010, 09:59:52 PM »

Gaz, anything I can bring you from here you can't get there?

Well, Gaz'd like Pat Burrell, but he might be busy...  ;)

Much as I'd love a giftwrapped package of Pat the Bat, Zito, Schierholtz, Posey and the Huff, I'll be happy just to have your presence, m'lady.

And, if you're feeling inclined, a mix CD.  ;)
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: October 13, 2010, 10:10:58 AM »

Hell with that. If I get my hands on Pat Burrell, I'm keeping him!
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: October 13, 2010, 10:37:43 AM »

You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: October 14, 2010, 08:42:50 PM »

Hot. Any gossip about him being gay?
Sharks bleed teal.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: October 29, 2010, 10:05:02 AM »
It's been, um, quite a week: a big chunk of my bedroom ceiling collapsed on Monday.  Took until this morning to get the debris cleaned up, launder nearly ruined sheets, and get replacement plaster/paperboard/stucco put up.  Instead of having a party on Sunday, I'll be spending a lot of the weekend cleaning and re-unpacking.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: October 29, 2010, 10:30:25 AM »
It's been, um, quite a week: a big chunk of my bedroom ceiling collapsed on Monday.  Took until this morning to get the debris cleaned up, launder nearly ruined sheets, and get replacement plaster/paperboard/stucco put up.  Instead of having a party on Sunday, I'll be spending a lot of the weekend cleaning and re-unpacking.

holy crap -- I wondered why you weren't on FB posting during the (so far) celebratory Series.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 29, 2010, 10:40:54 AM »

ugh, drag.  sorry to hear that.
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: October 29, 2010, 11:50:37 AM »
I've mentioned a number of times that I couldn't stream The Sound or The Drive at work after the stations "upgraded" to Silverlight audio. Well, KP IT just (finally) gave our dept Internet Explorer 7 (we all had 6!) and voila! I can now listen to both streams.

BUT... KP has been systematically blocking streams they see being overused; that's why I lost WLNG recently and any stream could disappear at any time. "Big Brother" is monitoring all our computers for what's coming in and and what's going out. Scary.

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: October 29, 2010, 11:55:17 AM »
Bummer, man.  At least its on the mend now. 

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 29, 2010, 11:56:25 AM »
Halloween costume idea for Geoff and Ali: Grateful Dead dancing bear!
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/parenting/detail?entry_id=75786

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: October 31, 2010, 07:48:31 AM »
I've mentioned a number of times that I couldn't stream The Sound or The Drive at work after the stations "upgraded" to Silverlight audio. Well, KP IT just (finally) gave our dept Internet Explorer 7 (we all had 6!) and voila! I can now listen to both streams.

BUT... KP has been systematically blocking streams they see being overused; that's why I lost WLNG recently and any stream could disappear at any time. "Big Brother" is monitoring all our computers for what's coming in and and what's going out. Scary.

I assume you're not allowed to install alternate browsers?  Firefox plays the various formats very well.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: October 31, 2010, 09:56:23 AM »

I assume you're not allowed to install alternate browsers?  Firefox plays the various formats very well.

yeah, can't install anything without "permission". Which is why I couldn't update to Silverlight or upgrade to Explorer 7 on my own, even tho' I coulda done it in seconds.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 09:59:14 AM by RGMike »

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: October 31, 2010, 03:34:53 PM »
Sorry. That sucks big time. Hope your new computer survived. Lucky your upstairs neighbors didn't make a crash landing in your room!
Sharks bleed teal.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #553 on: October 31, 2010, 07:45:56 PM »

I can't stream anything identified as radio at school, even our site here!
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: November 16, 2010, 11:18:18 AM »
So I've been waiting (and waiting) for the date of the next ABC Radio reunion in NYC to be announced. My assumption was that it would be in mid-April as it was the last time. And the date is... March 26th. Which kinda sucks -- mid-April is decent, weather-wise, but 2 weeks earlier makes a difference in NY. And one of the things I planned to do in mid-April was see a game at each of the 2 new ballparks, and that's out the window with this new date. (Apparently there were many requests from people to have it "as early as possible without it actually being winter" -- !?! -- hence the 3/26 choice.)  I'm tempted to blow off the reunion (most of the folks I want to see there I'd see anyway, whenever I go) and build a 10-day trip around baseball (like, whenever the Giants are in NY to play the Mets) in a month with nice weather.  'Tis a quandry.

ETA: Giants are @ CitiField first week of May -- my birthday week, in fact. That settles it.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 11:44:43 AM by RGMike »